• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Customer Engagement: Tips for Following Up with iContact Users

In summary, iContact is a customer service application that costs $14 per month. It offers a number of features, including the ability to track clicks and contact registration. If someone registers their contact through email, that person's clicks will be associated with that email address. However, if someone registers their contact through a "forward to a friend" link, those clicks will not be associated with the email address that the person forwarded the link to. I just signed up with iContact this month and so far have seen that several of my "customers" have clicked on the guest special several times (one did it 7 times!!). I want to follow up with her to see if she wished to order anything, but I don't want
Chefstover2
I just signed up with iContact this month and so far have seen that several of my "customers" have clicked on the guest special several times (one did it 7 times!!). I want to follow up with her to see if she wished to order anything, but I don't want to look like the Pampered Chef stalker.

Any suggestions on how to word the e-mail? I don't have her phone number (met her at the fair and she's on my mailing list but hasn't ordered from me--yet)

TIA

It's a possibility that she might have forwarded the email/link to friends and they are the ones registering the clicks. If she doesn't use the "forward to a friend" link and just uses her email to forward, then iContact will associate all those clicks with the person that originally received the email.Still a good thing to get that many clicks, but just be aware they may not be all the same person.

You could just approach it from the fair perspective:

"Hi Suzy,

I was so glad to have met you at ______________. I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had any questions I could answer, or if there was anything you needed. I also wanted to make sure that you knew that our classic stoneware is on sale at 20% off this month. The sale ends February 28th, so you'll want to take advantage of it as soon as possible.

Please give me a call at xxx.xxx.xxxx and I'll be glad to help you with anything you need."

PampChefJoy said:
It's a possibility that she might have forwarded the email/link to friends and they are the ones registering the clicks. If she doesn't use the "forward to a friend" link and just uses her email to forward, then iContact will associate all those clicks with the person that originally received the email.

Still a good thing to get that many clicks, but just be aware they may not be all the same person.

Thanks for that, Joy...good to know. I didn't realize. If she forwards to a friend, though, will that friend automatically add to my contact list? or will I know if they want to be added to my list?

Noora, thanks for that...I like your wording. I'll give that one a tweak and a try. (Sorry we didn't get to meet in Atlanta Spring Launch).

If she hits "foward" in her email program, they won't be added. If she chooses that button at the end of her email, I think they will be (but it's not likely she's using that button).

We'll have a chance to meet again, I'm sure :)

Can you explain to me how to see just which portion of the newsletter they are clicking on. I know it can't be hard but I'm not seeing it. TIA.

In iContact, in the tracking information, check the "details" box, and then either refresh, or choose "clicks" and it will show you which contact clicked which link. If you can't tell from the link where it goes (because it's too long), you can click on the link itself to see where it goes.

One of the keys is to make sure that the links for the different things in your newsletter point to different places. If they're all to the /YourName main page of your site, you can't tell which one of them the customer clicked.

I almost didn't subscribe to iContact but they called me and walked me through all the things it can do and showed me how to access those things. It tipped the scales for me as to whether it was worth the cost. It's the kind of customer service I wish to provide to my customers.

Paulette mentioned a service called MailChimp recently. It's free for the same number of contacts and emails as the $14 iContact service. I'm going to try it out this month (free is free :)) and if it works well and does the same thing as my iContact (as far as I use it), I'll drop my iContact. I'll have to pay for TT again, but that's a lot cheaper than $14 a month.

I am always getting tech support requests from my subscribers, but I encourage them to contact iContact directly for help - they are the experts at their own application, after all! I have been very pleased with their level of customer support.

Related to Maximizing Customer Engagement: Tips for Following Up with iContact Users

1. How often should I follow up with iContact users?

It is important to strike a balance between following up too frequently and not enough. We recommend following up with iContact users at least once a month to keep them engaged, but not more than once a week to avoid overwhelming them.

2. What is the best method for following up with iContact users?

The best method for following up with iContact users is through personalized emails. This allows you to tailor your message to their interests and needs, making them more likely to engage with your content.

3. Is it necessary to offer incentives for iContact users to engage?

While incentives can be effective in encouraging engagement, they are not always necessary. Providing valuable and relevant content is often enough to keep iContact users interested and engaged.

4. How can I track the effectiveness of my follow-up efforts with iContact users?

iContact has built-in analytics that allow you to track the open and click-through rates of your emails. This can give you insight into how effective your follow-up efforts are and help you make adjustments as needed.

5. What are some best practices for following up with iContact users?

Some best practices for following up with iContact users include personalizing your messages, providing valuable and relevant content, and using a clear and concise call-to-action. It is also important to vary your content and not always ask for a sale in every follow-up email.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies