• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Silicone Muffins with a Metal Pan: Results

In summary, the recipe for the caramel cakes calls for using a metal pan, but the recipe for the powdered sugar cakes calls for using a silicone pan. The third time that the author made the caramel cakes, they were delicious both in the silicone and metal pans. The author plans on making the cakes this weekend for a baking contest.
jrstephens
I had a future host make these last night. She does not have our silicone pan yet - she is waiting until her hsow later this month. She backed them in a regular metal muffin pan. She called the morning to tell me that after about an hour they got very hard. Is this b/c of the metal pan? She says she followed the recipe.

I'm not sure if it's because of the metal, but my aunt made them in our mini muffin pan (the metal one), and they didn't turn out as well either. I'm not sure, but I'm there with you! I don't know why they wouldn't turn out right.

Sorry I'm no help!

I will be making them this weekend for a show, so I will let you know how they do in the silicone. My Director made them for a meeting in a stoneware muffin pan and they were ok, but I thought just a tad bit hard. If no on else replies that has made them in the silicone, I will let you know after this weekend!

jenniferlynne said:
I will be making them this weekend for a show, so I will let you know how they do in the silicone. My Director made them for a meeting in a stoneware muffin pan and they were ok, but I thought just a tad bit hard. If no on else replies that has made them in the silicone, I will let you know after this weekend!

I have made them 3 times now in the silicone & they stay moist for days:)

Good to know! I was getting a little worried about this weekend, but I feel better now. The show is actually my own and I am planning on having tons of food. I've only had 3 R.S.V.P's so far :(

I haven't made the caramel cakes, but I made the recipe that came with the pan for powdered sugar cakes & they were fabulous! VERY moist! Maybe the silicone makes the difference! Hmm. Perhaps you should make some in a metal pan & some in the silicone for a show. Might sell a lot of silicone pans!

Oh, these are so yummy! We have a Block Party this weekend with a baking contest and I think I'm going to make these.

I won last year with the Chocolate Mousse in Crispy Shells.

1. How do I prevent my silicone muffins from sticking to a metal pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the metal pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the silicone muffin cups. This will create a barrier between the silicone and the metal, allowing for easy removal of the muffins.

2. Can I use a metal pan for baking silicone muffins?

Yes, you can use a metal pan for baking silicone muffins. Just make sure to grease the pan and place the silicone cups in the greased slots before adding the batter.

3. Do I need to adjust the baking time when using a metal pan for silicone muffins?

No, you do not need to adjust the baking time when using a metal pan. The baking time will remain the same as if you were baking the muffins directly in the metal pan.

4. Will the metal pan affect the shape of the silicone muffins?

No, the metal pan will not affect the shape of the silicone muffins. The silicone material is flexible and will retain its shape even when baked in a metal pan.

5. How do I clean a metal pan after baking silicone muffins?

You can clean a metal pan after baking silicone muffins by hand washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive scrubbers or cleaning agents as they may damage the silicone material. You can also place the metal pan in the dishwasher if it is labeled as dishwasher safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
chefann