• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Pie in Something Beside the Pie Plate?

In summary, there are various alternatives for making a pie besides using a traditional pie plate, such as using a tart pan, cast iron skillet, or even a muffin tin. You can also use a glass dish to make a pie, but be sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly. To prevent the pie from sticking, make sure to grease the pan well or line it with parchment paper. Lastly, you can make a pie in a slow cooker, but be prepared for a longer cooking time.
pcbrandy
I have a customer who doesn't like to double her recipes all the time to fit the deep dish pie plate. She asked me if there was something else she could use. I thought maybe the mini baker would work? :confused: Not sure. If anyone has done this or has other ideas please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Brandy

You would think it would work, but I don't think you would really have much of a crust. You could maybe even use the small round stone. I don't make many pies though.

The problem with doing a pie in another piece of stoneware is that the sides are straight up and down, so the crust slides down as it heats up in the oven. At least that is what happened when I tried it.

She could use the smaller bar pan but just use a top crust or a crumble topping.

, as a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your customer's dilemma. Doubling recipes can be a hassle, especially when it comes to fitting them into different sized dishes. The mini baker is a great alternative to the deep dish pie plate. It's the perfect size for individual portions and can also be used for a variety of other dishes. Another option for your customer could be to use a casserole dish that is the same size as the deep dish pie plate. This way, she won't have to double the recipe and can still use her preferred dish. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I make a pie in a cake pan?

Yes, you can definitely make a pie in a cake pan. However, the shape and size of the pie may be slightly different than if you were using a traditional pie plate. Make sure to adjust the crust and filling accordingly.

2. What other alternatives are there for making a pie?

There are many alternatives for making a pie besides a pie plate. Some popular options include using a tart pan, a cast iron skillet, a springform pan, or even a muffin tin for mini pies. The key is to make sure the pan has enough depth and is oven-safe.

3. Can I use a glass dish to make a pie?

Yes, you can use a glass dish to make a pie. Just be sure to adjust the baking time as glass tends to heat up faster than metal. You may also want to reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees to prevent the crust from browning too quickly.

4. How do I prevent the pie from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the pie from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan well with butter or cooking spray. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

5. Can I make a pie in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make a pie in a slow cooker. This method may take longer than baking in the oven, but it can be a convenient option for busy days. Just make sure to use a slow cooker liner or grease the inside of the slow cooker well to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • andiphant
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefSandyK