• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create Your Own Trifle Bar: A Fun and Creative Twist on Traditional Desserts

In summary, people think that the idea of a savory trifle is a good one, but they are concerned about how it would look if it were to be demo-ed at a show. They also think that it would be a good idea to demo the tools as well as the food.
Maragib
I am thinking of doing a Make your own trifle show. I have lots of Bar glasses, like Martini, highball, shot. I was thinking of demo-ing a savory trifle in the trifle bowl OR demo-ing the tools by cutting, mixing, etc the items to put into their own personal trifle made in the bar glass, which would be a sweet trifle. or I was thinking of demo-ing the savory and just having the make your own part still availible but everything already cut up..... or maybe both. Do you think there would be enough "wow" in it for this type of theme. I really want to be able to showcase the tools more than the food that they will be making. Just looking for some opinions.

The only down side I can see is that often Trifles are better after sitting for a while.

If this is at your home, I would say great idea. If you have to tote the glassware around, might get a little cumbersome. I know they are not as pretty, but what about doing them in the prep bowls if your atttendance allows? Maybe the 6 prep bowls and 4 wine glasss - if you have them. I think it is a great idea! Trifles are better if they sit awhile, but how long do they really sit at a show? A few minutes then everyone digs in. I saw that idea in Taste of Home and liked it too!

A savory trifle? Can you share a little more on that?

legacypc46 said:
A savory trifle? Can you share a little more on that?

pretty much a layered dinner item vs. a dessert. I saw a tex mex one on FoodNetwork that looked good for Cinco de Mayo coming up.
Thanks for the input everyone.
Mara

I would use the SA small square , or the small dots bowls . That way you will sell them as dessert bowls . Put the cut up cake in the Triffle bowl and the other toppings in the pre bowls
You may have to stock up on these so you have enough for a show

But you won't be showcasing our WONDERFUL Trifle Bowl.

What ingredients do I need for a Make Your Own Trifle Bar?

The ingredients for a Make Your Own Trifle Bar can vary depending on personal preferences, but generally you will need a variety of cake or cookie options (such as pound cake, brownies, or shortbread), fresh fruit, whipped cream, pudding or custard, and any additional toppings or sauces you desire.

How should I set up the Make Your Own Trifle Bar?

The best way to set up a Make Your Own Trifle Bar is to have a designated table or area with all the ingredients and necessary serving utensils. Arrange the ingredients in a visually appealing way, with clear labels and instructions for guests to follow. Make sure to also have plenty of bowls or glasses for guests to assemble their trifles in.

Can I make the trifles ahead of time?

While it is possible to make the individual components of the trifle ahead of time (such as baking the cake or cutting the fruit), it is best to assemble the trifles closer to serving time. This will ensure that the layers stay fresh and the desserts maintain their texture.

What are some creative topping ideas for the Make Your Own Trifle Bar?

Some creative topping ideas for a Make Your Own Trifle Bar include crushed cookies or candy, nuts, chocolate shavings, caramel or chocolate sauce, fresh herbs such as mint, and even sprinkles or edible glitter for a fun touch. Encourage guests to get creative and mix and match different toppings for unique flavor combinations.

Can I make a gluten-free or dairy-free version of the Make Your Own Trifle Bar?

Yes, it is possible to accommodate dietary restrictions with a Make Your Own Trifle Bar. Simply offer gluten-free or dairy-free cake and cookie options, as well as alternative options for the pudding or custard and whipped cream. You may also want to have separate serving utensils for each ingredient to avoid cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ccooley
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows