1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Make your own trifle bar?

1. Maragib

Maragib Member

I am thinking of doing a Make your own trifle show. I have lots of Bar glasses, like Martini, highball, shot. I was thinking of demo-ing a savory trifle in the trifle bowl OR demo-ing the tools by cutting, mixing, etc the items to put into their own personal trifle made in the bar glass, which would be a sweet trifle. or I was thinking of demo-ing the savory and just having the make your own part still availible but everything already cut up..... or maybe both. Do you think there would be enough "wow" in it for this type of theme. I really want to be able to showcase the tools more than the food that they will be making. Just looking for some opinions.

Apr 18, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

The only down side I can see is that often Trifles are better after sitting for a while.

Apr 18, 2009
  3. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

If this is at your home, I would say great idea. If you have to tote the glassware around, might get a little cumbersome. I know they are not as pretty, but what about doing them in the prep bowls if your atttendance allows? Maybe the 6 prep bowls and 4 wine glasss - if you have them. I think it is a great idea! Trifles are better if they sit awhile, but how long do they really sit at a show? A few minutes then everyone digs in. I saw that idea in Taste of Home and liked it too!

Apr 18, 2009
  4. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

A savory trifle? Can you share a little more on that?

Apr 18, 2009
  5. Maragib

Maragib Member

pretty much a layered dinner item vs. a dessert. I saw a tex mex one on FoodNetwork that looked good for Cinco de Mayo coming up.
    Thanks for the input everyone.
    Mara

Apr 18, 2009
  6. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

I would use the SA small square , or the small dots bowls . That way you will sell them as dessert bowls . Put the cut up cake in the Triffle bowl and the other toppings in the pre bowls
    You may have to stock up on these so you have enough for a show

Apr 18, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

But you won't be showcasing our WONDERFUL Trifle Bowl.

Apr 18, 2009
Have something to add?