• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Major Problems With Internet Explorer

In summary, Firefox is a better choice than Internet Explorer because it has a firewall and other options are available.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
Got this link in an email and checked it out with SIL, who is a Computer Tech. He switched us over to Foxfire which he says is really better than IE anyway! Beware there is major problems!

Click on this link to see the message.
http://computergranny.com/FreeLessons/12_08Lesson.htm

Thank you Jane - I had seen this article (or one like it on YAHOO) and meant to go back and read it.I am on Firefox now....

My SIL says this is not a hoax. Anything with credit card or personal info can be taken on IE at this time... Their patch did not work. I am very confused why they have not notified people or sent out a mass email on it! This is nuts!

pcchefjane said:
My SIL says this is not a hoax. Anything with credit card or personal info can be taken on IE at this time... Their patch did not work. I am very confused why they have not notified people or sent out a mass email on it! This is nuts!
Microsoft has no way to know who uses their software - especially when it comes pre-loaded on most of the computers sold in the country. That's why there hasn't been a mass email. But it has been on the news. I've seen several stories on the local news about it, as well as national programs (Today Show, etc.)

Besides, IE has had so many problems of this type in the past that it was just a matter of time before another one was announced. :rolleyes:

There are several other options available for browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari, just to name a few.

They have a new update with a patch for IE. I downloaded it yesterday.

yes, this is even more reason to use Firefox. IE sucks.

lacychef said:
They have a new update with a patch for IE. I downloaded it yesterday.

That patch is not working either. My SIL said yesterday that the patch is not solving the problems and not to use IE.

chefann said:
Microsoft has no way to know who uses their software - especially when it comes pre-loaded on most of the computers sold in the country. That's why there hasn't been a mass email. But it has been on the news. I've seen several stories on the local news about it, as well as national programs (Today Show, etc.)

Besides, IE has had so many problems of this type in the past that it was just a matter of time before another one was announced. :rolleyes:

There are several other options available for browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari, just to name a few.
This post is made possible by an Internet Surfin' Safari!

I took your advice and downloaded Firefox. When I clicked on it on my desktop the first thing it says is 'Import Options, bookmarks, history etc' from Microsoft IE or don't import anything. My stupid question of the day is if I click 'import' will I loose all my info in IE? I don't know if I'll like FF or not and don't want to be stuck with nothing left in my IE. Or does it just 'copy' it over but still leave the info in IE as well? HELP!!! I'm not opening FF any farther until I figure this part out (it won't let me anyway)

It will just copy data from IE to Firefox, it will still all be in IE.

One of the little things I LOVE about Firefox is an add-on called Foxmarks. It saves my bookmarks to a separate server and syncs them to any computer on which I run Firefox and Foxmarks. SOOOO nice for when I use my desktop for something and can't remember the address of that site I bookmarked last week. I just run the sync and there it is!

Moving this up for anyone that was not on over the weekend! I'm really beginning to like Foxfire better than IE!

I only use IE when i place an order with Merrill, firefox has a firewall I guess that will not let me place my order (& its not operator error... :) DH is an electrical engineer and computer know it all and it doesn't work for him either)

If you're trying to use Firefox to order with Merrill, there is an add-on available that makes it look like IE to websites. It was created so that you can go to IE-only sites and work without having to actually run IE. One is called "Open in IE" and there's also "IE View." In Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons > Get add-ons and search for those names.

cool!
thanks, i haven't ordered in awhile since the day the calendars were available but just know to open ie first I'll try that!!

Is FF free? I was told I need to switch to FF for my newletter service, Benchmark, to work better. I didn't know anything about it, so I didn't do anything.

Yes, Firefox is free. Browsers usually are.

i keep thinking about trying it, but i have never switched over, maybe now that i have some time off work i'll play with it.

1. What are some common issues people experience with Internet Explorer?

Some of the major problems users encounter with Internet Explorer include slow performance, frequent crashes, and compatibility issues with certain websites or web applications.

2. How can I improve the speed of Internet Explorer?

One way to potentially improve the speed of Internet Explorer is to clear the browser's cache and cookies regularly. You can also try disabling any unnecessary browser add-ons or extensions.

3. Why does Internet Explorer keep crashing?

Internet Explorer may crash due to various reasons such as outdated software, corrupted files, or conflicts with other programs. It is recommended to update the browser and run a malware scan to resolve the issue.

4. How do I fix compatibility issues with websites on Internet Explorer?

If a website is not displaying correctly on Internet Explorer, you can try enabling compatibility mode by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner and selecting "Compatibility View settings." You can also try using a different browser for a better browsing experience.

5. Is it safe to use Internet Explorer?

While Internet Explorer has been known to have security vulnerabilities in the past, Microsoft continues to release updates and patches to improve its security. However, it is always recommended to use the latest version of a browser and practice safe browsing habits to minimize any potential risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies