• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Magic Cake with Egg Beaters: A Delicious and Easy Recipe for Your Next Show

In summary, the Magic Cake W/Egg Whites is a delicious dessert made with egg whites, flour, sugar, and milk. It has three distinct layers of custard, cake, and fudge. You can use all-purpose flour or cake flour instead of pastry flour, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different. To properly fold in the egg whites, gently pour them over the batter and use a rubber spatula to incorporate them without overmixing. The cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. It is done baking when the top is golden brown and the center is slightly jiggly, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
winklermom
I've got a host who has asked about doing the magic cake with Egg Beaters egg whites. Has anybody done this and, if so, how did it work? Would you recommend doing it for a show?

**Bumping**

If you are referring to the cake made in the microwave in either the DCB or fluted stoneware, then my answer is "yes". I've used egg beaters on several occasions and have noticed no difference in the end result. Hope that helps.

1. What is the Magic Cake W/Egg Whites recipe?

The Magic Cake W/Egg Whites is a delicious dessert made with egg whites, flour, sugar, and milk. It has a unique texture with three distinct layers of custard, cake, and fudge.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use all-purpose flour or cake flour instead of the recommended pastry flour. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

3. How do I properly fold in the egg whites for the cake?

To properly fold in the egg whites, gently pour the beaten whites over the batter and use a rubber spatula to gently fold them in. Make sure to incorporate the whites into the batter without overmixing.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Magic Cake W/Egg Whites ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

5. How do I know when the cake is done baking?

The cake is done baking when the top is golden brown and the center is slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready to be taken out of the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Jeans Garden
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • unlimitedchef