• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mac or Pampered Chef-To-Mac Users?

I also like that I can use other programs while P3 is starting up. Boot camp is great for people who are new to Macs, but I use Fusion because it's more user friendly.
redsoxgirl
My laptop died last weekend and we're starting to look at replacement options.

Can anyone tell me about Macs?
People who've switched from PC to Mac - any thoughts?

I've never used a Mac before, so I'm a little "scared" of them. Are they really different than PCs? I know they used to be.

They're not actually all that different. There are a few little things that will take some getting used to, if you're a long-time Windows user. For example- in W you can exit a program by closing all windows using the X in the upper corner. On a Mac, all that will do is close the windows, the program will still be running. But really those are just habits that will need to change, more than problems. :) If you're going to run P3 on your Mac, you'll need to install Boot Camp, which comes as part of the current operating system (but not pre-loaded). And then install Windows in that, so you can run P3. (Sounds confusing, but when you start using it, it's not.) What I LOVE is that so much of the software for Macs plays nice with other software - you can add addresses straight out of your address book to letters or your calendar, etc. And none of those worrisome viruses!Are you within visiting distance of an Apple Store? I suggest you make an appointment to talk to an employee about making the switch. Tell them that you're a Windows user and are considering switching, but would like to know what will be different. They'll be able to show you on the store machines, and walk you through a lot of different scenarios. You can get a list of store locations here. (There are 9 Apple Stores in MA, so there should be one not too far from you.)

Thanks Ann.
There's an Apple store sort of near us. It's a little bit of a trek, but nothing terrible at all.

I'm a little biased, but LOVE my Macs. I'd never recommend Windows to anyone! The computers stay useable longer - it's not as urgent that they be upgraded all the time. And they hold resell value. We've sold 8 year old machines for several hundred dollars on eBay, which helps pay for the new one. :)If it's a bit of a drive to your nearest Apple Store, definitely call them and ask to set up an appointment to speak to someone. They'll put you on the calendar, and you'll have priority over the walk-ins for your appointment time. That will ensure that you get your questions answered.

In addition to boot camp you can also use Parallels, much easier than Boot Camp since the Macs are intels...Once you Go Mac You will never go Back...

I suggest Boot Camp since it's included with the OS and there's no additional purchase required to use it. Personally, I use Parallels so that I can continue to work in other programs while P3 is starting up. ;)

I use Fusion instead of bootcamp and I love it. I don't have to restart the computer and jump back and forth. I love my mac too! I love that I don't have those stupid "program not responding" pop ups anymore.

Related to Mac or Pampered Chef-To-Mac Users?

1. Can I use Pampered Chef products on a Mac?

Yes, all of our products are compatible with Mac computers. Our website and software can be accessed and used on any device with internet access.

2. Is there a specific version of Pampered Chef software for Mac users?

No, our software is web-based and can be accessed through any internet browser on your Mac device.

3. Are there any features that are not available for Mac users?

No, all features and functions of our software are available to both Mac and PC users.

4. Can I still attend virtual cooking classes and demonstrations on my Mac?

Yes, our virtual events and classes can be accessed and participated in on any device with internet access, including Mac computers.

5. Will my Pampered Chef products come with instructions for both Mac and PC users?

Yes, all of our products come with detailed instructions that can be followed by both Mac and PC users.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • danaher3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tlennhoff