• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loud Adults, Crying Babies: Struggles of a Home Show Host

In summary, this conversation describes a woman's experience at two recent shows. The first show was very loud from adults talking and yelling at children, and the second show had very few people attending because it was also very loud. The show sales are low and the host has already decided to cancel one show because of the noise.
pkd09
Silver Member
I just had my second show in a row (Tues & Wed p.m.) that was so loud from adults talking/yelling at kids/chasing kids plus babies (under age 2) crying etc. At one point I really didn't know who I was talking to. Half of the people left without placing an order because they just didn't have time to look at the catalog. I know sometimes a sitter or dad isn't available but when I was raising my 4 kids I loved an opportunity to get out of the house without kids. Show sales are low on both of them. Doing a demo was virtually impossible. I am think about adding a line to my host coaching calls about "if small children are going to be in attendance ... " and change my show to no demo OR no hands on demo. Then I open my e-mail and find out a show on 5/20 just cancelled - UGG. I only had 4 shows for May and now 2 are small and one just cancelled. BUMMER. Just needed to let it out to someone who understands ... thanks for listening.

That's what we're here for. Don't get discouraged. These things happen to all of us at one time or another. It's just kind of cruddy that they happened to you all at once.

Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. Make a fresh start.

My last show was incredibly loud also. There were children there, but mostly it was the rowdy adults. There were people there for the "party" not the demo or products. The show sales are really low and there were probably 20 people there! I really just gave up trying to talk. I literally was walking from room to room trying to catch people's attention to talk about the host benefits and the opportunity. I did get three bookings. These will be no demo shows because I don't have the patience for loud rude obnoxious guests who don't listen to my demo anyway.
It stinks when that happens, but I feel better about it since I got the three bookings.

Three bookings is great.

This doesn't happen to me often, but when it does, I wonder how people can be so rude. I mean, if they've ever been to a DS show before, they know there will be someone speaking. If they don't want to listen, they shouldn't come. (I know that sometimes things happen, but it sounds like this was one of those crowds that determined early in the evening to be obnoxious and rude.)

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with having loud and distracted audiences at your shows. It can be difficult to focus and present a successful demo when there are so many distractions. It might be a good idea to add a line about children in your host coaching calls, as it can help set expectations for the guests. You could also consider offering a separate, kid-friendly activity or area for the children to play in during the show. As for the cancelled show, I know it can be disappointing, but just remember to stay positive and keep reaching out to potential hosts. Sometimes things don't go as planned, but it's important to keep pushing forward. Hang in there!

Related to Loud Adults, Crying Babies: Struggles of a Home Show Host

1. Why is it important for me to keep my baby quiet during a home show?

It is important to keep your baby quiet during a home show because loud noises can be distracting and disruptive for the other guests. It also allows the host to effectively present the products without interruptions.

2. How can I keep my baby entertained during a home show?

One way to keep your baby entertained during a home show is to bring toys or books that they can play with quietly. You can also sit in a corner or in a separate room with your baby to avoid any disruptions during the presentation.

3. What should I do if my baby starts crying during a home show?

If your baby starts crying during a home show, try to soothe them as quickly and quietly as possible. You can also step outside or find a quiet spot to calm them down before returning to the show. It is important to be considerate of the other guests and the host.

4. Can I bring my baby to a home show?

Yes, you can bring your baby to a home show. However, it is important to be mindful of their behavior and try to keep them quiet and entertained during the presentation.

5. Are there any accommodations for parents with babies at home shows?

Some home show hosts may offer a separate room or area for parents with babies to sit and watch the presentation. It is always best to communicate with the host beforehand to make any necessary arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies