• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for an ISO Double Broiler? Find Answers and Recommendations Here!

In summary, a double broiler is a kitchen tool used for heating and melting delicate ingredients. It consists of two pots, one placed on top of the other, with the bottom pot filled with simmering water. This method prevents burning or scorching, making it ideal for tasks like melting chocolate or making sauces. To use, fill the bottom pot with simmering water, place the top pot on top, and stir until desired consistency is reached. It is not recommended to use a regular pot as a double broiler, as it may not fit securely and result in accidents or uneven heating. When shopping for a double broiler, look for a heavy-bottomed pot and a snug-fitting top pot. It is not recommended to clean
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I know I saw one in the book at one time, I can't find it.
Anyone have one?
TIA

I do, actually! Brand new in the box. Email me ...

Sandy

How funny ... I had a guest at a show last night ask if one could be found.... SO...if anyone else has one... please let me know...

Looks like you found one Melissa...great...

Related to Looking for an ISO Double Broiler? Find Answers and Recommendations Here!

1. What is a double broiler and why do I need one?

A double broiler is a kitchen tool used for heating and melting delicate ingredients such as chocolate or cheese. It consists of two pots, one placed on top of the other, with the bottom pot filled with simmering water. This indirect heat method prevents the ingredients from burning or scorching, making it ideal for tasks like melting chocolate for baking or making sauces. It is a must-have for any serious home cook or baker.

2. How do I use a double broiler?

First, fill the bottom pot with a few inches of water and bring it to a simmer. Then, place the top pot on the bottom one, making sure it fits securely. Add the ingredients to be melted or heated in the top pot and stir constantly until they reach the desired consistency. Make sure to use oven mitts or a towel to handle the pots, as they will be hot.

3. Can I use a regular pot as a double broiler?

While it is possible to improvise a double broiler using two pots, it is not recommended. The pots may not fit securely, leading to spills or accidents. Additionally, the indirect heat may not be as consistent as with a proper double broiler, resulting in uneven heating or burning of the ingredients. It is best to invest in a dedicated double broiler for optimal results.

4. What features should I look for in a double broiler?

When shopping for a double broiler, look for one with a heavy-bottomed pot and a snug-fitting top pot. This will ensure even heating and prevent the pots from shifting or spilling. A long handle on the top pot is also helpful for easy handling. Some double broilers also come with a tempered glass lid, which can be useful for monitoring the ingredients without lifting the pot.

5. Can I clean my double broiler in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to clean your double broiler in the dishwasher. The harsh detergents and high heat can damage the pots and affect their performance. Instead, it is best to wash the pots by hand with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Dry them thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting. Some double broilers are also safe to use in the oven, but always check the manufacturer's instructions before attempting this.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TBlackwell
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
TBlackwell
  • TBlackwell
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
TBlackwell
  • cochef