• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Key Lime Trifle Recipe

In summary, the author of the article found that there is no specific Key lime trifle recipe that can be followed, but they did find an Irish Sherry trifle recipe on thephantomgourmet.com that they recommend trying. The author also recommends making a key lime cake, followed by a layer of key lime pudding, then fruit, then whipped topping and repeating.
carar101
Does anyone have a key lime trifle recipe? I saw one on Tastefully Simple, but I want something with friut.

Can you use key limes in our Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle? Or, why not make a deconstructed key lime pie?

Have you checked Harriet's file?
Ok, skip that - just checked - none there.

I've been searching the internet and couldn't find anything. I'll try to experiment and see what happens.
On thephantomgourmet.com site, they do have an Irish Sherry trifle that looks good.

Make a key lime cake, next layer key lime pudding, then fruit, then whipped topping and repeat...try that?

Where..
janetupnorth said:
Make a key lime cake, next layer key lime pudding, then fruit, then whipped topping and repeat...try that?

can/do you find Key Line cakes?

Also congrats and good luck on your goals :)

Liz

Key Lime Cake

1 pkg. Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. Key lime juice
1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime Jello
1/2 c. Crisco or Puritan oil
4 eggs

P.S. Thanks Liz...

With electric mixer, blend all ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Pour into greased tube pan or 9x13x2 inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. After removing from oven, use an ice pick and stick through cake, top to bottom, many times.

PC has an excellent Key Lime cake that you can make into a trifle. Not sure which cookbook the recipe is. Here's my modified version. I guess I'd use pound cake and drizzle the lime-aid over the pound cake (similar to the cappacino mousse trifle directions)
I make this cake alot in the summer.

1 white cake mix
1 cup thawed, frozen limeade concentrate, divided
16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3.3 oz white chocolate or cheesecake instant pudding
1 lime
2 tablespoons white choc chips, grated (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour Rectangular baker. In Batter Bowl, combine cake mix and ingredients; whisk until smooth. Pour batter into pan. Bake 25-28 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Brush cooled cake with ½ cup of the thawed limeade using pastry brush; set aside 1 cup of whipped topping for garnish. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese on High 30 seconds or until soft; whisk until smooth. Gradually add remaining limeade concentrate, whisking until smooth. Add pudding mix and whisk until smooth. Fold in remaining whipped topping using scraper. Spoon filling over cake; spread evenly.

Zest lime and cut slices in half. Grate white chocolate chips over filling. Using reserved whipped topping, pipe rosettes around top edge of cake. Place lime halves between rosettes; sprinkle lime zest over cake. Serve using Slice ‘N Serve.

12 servings

Refrigerate 30 minutes for a cooler serving temperature.

1. How do I make a key lime trifle?

To make a key lime trifle, you will need to layer key lime flavored cake, whipped cream, and key lime curd in a trifle bowl. Start by crumbling the cake into the bottom of the bowl, then add a layer of whipped cream followed by a layer of key lime curd. Repeat these layers until the bowl is full, and top with additional whipped cream and crushed graham crackers for garnish.

2. Can I use a different type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer for the trifle. However, using a key lime flavored cake will enhance the key lime flavor in the trifle. You can also use pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies for a unique twist.

3. Where can I find key lime curd?

You can typically find key lime curd in the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If you cannot find it, you can make your own by combining key lime juice, sugar, egg yolks, and butter in a saucepan and cooking until thickened.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, this trifle can be made ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy. You can also prepare all the individual components in advance and assemble the trifle right before serving.

5. Can I make a healthier version of this trifle?

Yes, you can make a healthier version of this trifle by using low-fat or fat-free whipped cream and substituting the key lime curd with a homemade version using low-fat ingredients. You can also use a sugar-free or gluten-free cake as the base for the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tashayoung