• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe?

In summary, the recipe for strawberry spinach salad is found in the "Casual Cooking" cookbook, page 40. The dressing is sweet but can be toned down with substitutions. The salad is beautiful and delicious served in a new Trifle Bowl!
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have this recipe they could share with me or can direct me to where to find it? I'd like to include it in my May newsletter I'm just finally finishing up.

TIA,

Seasonal Recipe

Spinach is in season, so are strawberries! How about surprising Mom with this salad on her special day?

Strawberry Spinach Salad from Casual Cooking cookbook

Dressing
1 lemon – 2 tblspns for juice, ½ tsp of zest
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (¼ cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, whisk together zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in single layer on a stone and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool. Meanwhile, hull strawberries and cut into quarters. Score cucumber lengthwise, remove seeds and slice thinly. Slice onion into thin wedges. Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Pour dressing over salad, gently tossing to coat. Sprinkle with lmonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings

Wow! That was super fast Mandy! Thanks a bunch!

It is such a good salad. The dressing is a tad too sweet though.

Why couldn't you substitute Splenda for the sugar? That would make it a great salad dressing for people who are diabetic. Also why couldn't you use this dressing on fruit salad? I think it might just taste great!

Karen Hodge said:
Why couldn't you substitute Splenda for the sugar? That would make it a great salad dressing for people who are diabetic. Also why couldn't you use this dressing on fruit salad? I think it might just taste great!

I have substituted Splenda for sugar and it turned out just fine. You can back off a bit on the sugar or the Splenda because it does run a little sweet. LOVE this recipe!!!:)

Also, this salad is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, served in our new Trifle Bowl!! It's quite tasty!!
Oh, and if you still wanted to know where to find it, it's in the "Casual Cooking" cookbook, page 40.

Related to Looking for a Delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe?

1. What ingredients are included in the Strawberry Spinach Salad?

The Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe from Pampered Chef includes fresh spinach, sliced strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, and a homemade poppy seed dressing.

2. Can I make the Strawberry Spinach Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time by preparing the ingredients and storing them separately. Keep the dressing in a separate container and toss everything together right before serving for best results.

3. Is there a substitute for the poppy seed dressing?

If you don't have poppy seed dressing on hand, you can substitute it with a balsamic vinaigrette or a honey mustard dressing for a similar flavor profile.

4. How long will the leftovers last?

The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, the salad may become slightly soggy due to the dressing.

5. Can I add additional ingredients to the Strawberry Spinach Salad?

Yes, you can customize the salad by adding additional ingredients such as grilled chicken, avocado, or almonds for added protein and texture. Just be sure to adjust the amount of dressing accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kchaudoin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kchaudoin
  • BeckyC5830
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • stefani2