• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation?

In summary, there are various substitutions that can be used for 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2 in a recipe. These include using cold milk, evaporated milk and water, fat-free half and half, fat-free cream cheese and sugar-free pudding, or a combination of butter and whole milk or light cream and whole milk. It is also possible to make a homemade half and half substitute using whole milk and either melted butter or a combination of light cream and heavy whipping cream.
nonfatlatte007
Has anyone used a substitution for 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2?
Just wondering.
Thanks,
Ellen

I haven't done it, but you could use between 1 1/2 and 2 cups of really cold milk. The half and half sets up thicker and faster in the pudding than milk does. But by using COLD!! milk (even put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before you use it), it'll set up fairly well. And using the double whisk will also help it set faster.

I have done milk before and it has worked but didn't set up as fast and didn't seem as rich. I use the small stainless bowl which seems to help (the bowl turns really really cold!).

I'm not sure what this recipe is, but we use half evaporated milk and half water when we make pudding and it comes out really thick and creamy.

Do a search for the recipe and try it. It's a little bit of heaven on a cookie!

wadesgirl said:
Do a search for the recipe and try it. It's a little bit of heaven on a cookie!

I'm going to have to do that! :chef:

nonfatlatte007 said:
Has anyone used a substitution for 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2?
Just wondering.
Thanks,
Ellen

Just an idea...They have Fat Free Half & Half.....HTH

I've never changed the 1/2&1/2, but I have used fat free cream cheese and sugar free pudding. It really helps it to not be so rich and it still tastes great. Honestly - it does!!

I have made Chocolate Chip Sensation with Skim Milk, it's just a little thinner, but if you took and put milk in freezer before hand that would probably help it out.

But, if you want a real substution, I just had a personal recipe that needed half and half and I didn't have any, so I found two different substitutions...........

Substitution: CREAM, HALF-AND-HALF _ 1 cup = 1½ Tbsp butter plus enough whole milk to equal 1 cup OR
½ cup light cream plus ½ cup whole milk

Half & Half (10 - 12% Butterfat) 1 cup = 7/8 cup whole milk plus 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter OR ½ cup light cream (5%) plus ½ cup whole milk OR ½ cup partly skimmed milk plus ½ cup heavy whipping cream (35%)

Related to Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation?

What are the ingredients in Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation?

The ingredients in Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation include flour, sugar, butter, chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla extract, and baking powder.

Is Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation is suitable for those with dietary restrictions as it is made with healthier ingredients and is lower in calories, fat, and sugar compared to traditional chocolate chip cookies.

What makes Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation healthier than regular chocolate chip cookies?

Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation is healthier because it uses whole wheat flour instead of white flour, reduces the amount of butter and sugar used, and adds in healthier ingredients like oatmeal and applesauce.

How many calories are in one serving of Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation?

One serving of Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation (2 cookies) contains approximately 150 calories.

Can I freeze Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation?

Yes, Lighter Chocolate Chip Sensation can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedmomto3
Replies