• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lesson Learned - No 30 Day Bonus

In summary, the host of a catalog show that was supposed to close today told the summarizer that her sister put a check in the mail and the show can now be closed.
overthyme
So today is my 30th day. I've had 2 shows that the sales have put me over the $1250 mark and qualified me as a Consultant (which I'm very pleased about). I have one other kitchen show that I am closing tonight and then I have a catalog show that was SUPPOSED to close today.

First let me explain that my host for the catalog show is a co-worker. She has known that I get bonuses for meeting certain goals within my first 30. She wanted to help me out by having a catalog show. Everywhere I read on both CS and CC it says to set an END date for catalog shows, which I did. She started her show around 3/9 and I gave her an end date of 4/2 (giving me a 1 week buffer). She collected $260 in orders from 4 people. I sent catalogs to 3 different people for her. So, last Monday I asked her if she was ready to close. She said that her sister in KS wanted to order, she just had to check with her. Tuesday she comes into work and gives me the order ($32). Since this is shipping to KS, I wanted to make sure that I was giving her the correct final total for her sister. I emailed her the total on Wednesday morning. I then spoke to her and told her that since we were running out of time, that instead of her sister sending a check, if she could give me a debit or credit that would be better. She understood.

Thursday afternoon, host asks me if I was ever going to send her the total of her sister's order!! WHAT??!! :eek: I told her that we had discussed and I had sent to her the day before. I resend her the email. Friday she takes an unplanned vacation day from work.

So this morning I come into work. She catches me first thing and says "my sister is putting a check in the mail today, we can close when I get the check." :mad:

Now, I know that I can get her to close the show anyway and I can cover the additional cost, but I'm so disgusted and disappointed right now that this person that is SUPPOSED to be my friend and wants to help me would just blow off the whole reason she was "helping" me in the first place. I don't even know how to go about even talking to her about this without sounding bitter.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Just close it and cover it until the check comes. Remind her of your date for the 30 day bonus. She probably just forgot!

DebbieJ said:
Just close it and cover it until the check comes. Remind her of your date for the 30 day bonus. She probably just forgot!

Oooo yikes!
I wouldn't recommend covering a check for a person you don't even know...heck I won't even cover for people I *do* know - I have been burned way too many times. And especially on a direct-ship order. At least if it were an order being shipped to YOU, you could keep the products until the payment arrived an dcleared - but in this case you don't even know if the check is actually IN the mail, kwim?

Can you call her sister and get a debit card? Since this is a friend of yours I'd remind her that you are striving for an incentive and would she please help you get this submitted in time.....with the holiday and spring break she may have forgetten.

Depends on how much your new consultant bonus, whether or not you should cover for her sister. Try not to be bitter at your friend -- she can't make her sister pay with credit or debit and while she is trying to help you, you and your business aren't her priority. You could ask your friend to cover the total and pay you and have her sister send her a check.

Thanks for all of the advice. I've decided to just take a DEEP breath and let it go. I am an official consultant thanks to my other sales and I will still get my SS bonus of 50 PC$ for 4 shows in 90 days. I'm just losing out on an additional 50 PC$ by not closing in my first 30.

It's just frustrating, because I am a goal-oriented person and when you set goals for yourself that you can't achieve (especially with a deadline), it's disappointing. I don't want to be overly pushy with her either. I don't even think she's finished her list of what SHE wants. Oh well, at least there's a commi$$ion for me to look forward to!!:D Thanks again everyone!

That does bite. I know how you feel about setting goals and not being able to reach them. My 8th party within my 90 days cancelled! :( I am won't be getting another $50 in Pc bucks.

I would cover the cost. If it gets you 50 PC $s, then even if she doesn't pay, you're still kind of reimbursed. I'm sure she (or your friend) would pay. She probably doesn't realize that TODAY is 30 days. After all, she's not really thinking of it and 30 days flies by. Good luck and great job on your first 30 days!!

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I "solved" my own problem! My mom sent me a huge order today and so did my aunt. It was enough for me to book a catalog show. So, that's what I did. I got my 4 shows and the Trifle Bowl. YEAH!!!! Boy, talk about a roller coaster of emotions!!

Yeppie!! I am so glad you got it figured out! LOL

overthyme said:
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I "solved" my own problem! My mom sent me a huge order today and so did my aunt. It was enough for me to book a catalog show. So, that's what I did. I got my 4 shows and the Trifle Bowl. YEAH!!!! Boy, talk about a roller coaster of emotions!!

Roller coaster? :eek: Ha! Welcome to The Pampered Chef!! :D

I've been on a "roller coaster of emotion" for the past 9 years! And Oh....what a ride it's been :)

Someone has said this is the only business where we can go from euphoria, to dispair, to euphoria....in just 3 phone calls! (Or in this situation....in 3 posts!:p )

Congrats on finishing your first 30 days! PC offers all kinds of fun incentives so you will have plenty of chances in the future to set more goals!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Someone has said this is the only business where we can go from euphoria, to dispair, to euphoria....in just 3 phone calls! (Or in this situation....in 3 posts!:p )

So, is that why there are so many women consultants? It must not be the nature of direct sales, or the products, etc...it must be being used to the mood swings! :rolleyes:

He-he :D

Glad it worked out for your Kristen to get the extra PC dollars!!!!! Also congratulations on qualifying with 2 shows!!!!! Way to go girl!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the other check will arrive soon!

What is the "Lesson Learned - No 30 Day Bonus" program?

The "Lesson Learned - No 30 Day Bonus" program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to their consultants. It rewards them for meeting certain sales goals within their first 30 days with the company.

How do I qualify for the 30 Day Bonus?

To qualify for the 30 Day Bonus, you must be a new consultant with Pampered Chef and achieve a minimum of $1,250 in sales within your first 30 days. This can be a combination of personal sales and orders from your parties.

What is the bonus amount?

The bonus amount for the "Lesson Learned - No 30 Day Bonus" program is $150. This will be paid out as a check or direct deposit, depending on your preference.

When will I receive my bonus?

Your bonus will be paid out within 30 days of the end of your 30-day qualification period. This allows time for all orders to be processed and for any returns or cancellations to be accounted for.

Is the 30 Day Bonus available in all countries?

No, the "Lesson Learned - No 30 Day Bonus" program is only available to consultants in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. It is not currently available in other countries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies