• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph

In summary, people did not like the trifle because it did not look pretty, it only filled 3/4 of the trifle bowl, and it had the same problem as the person who made it.
lockhartkitchen
I made the trifle tonight and found that it only filled 3/4 of the trifle bowl,unlike the pretty picture. Has anyone else experienced this? It looked pretty and everyone loved it.

Mine was also only 3/4 filled--but I didn't think it looked pretty (except for the top). The sides kinda blended together in mine.

I had the same problem with it too. Everyone loved the dessert, but I was not impressed with the presentation of it.

Is this the one in the new SBRC? We had it at our cluster meeting last week and I didn't care for it. It wasn't all that pretty either.

Thanks for the warning... I have a CB show coming up and I will steer her towards the brownies ;) I have made those and they are pretty and just as yummy as they look :D

I made it for our meeting last monday and i wasn't impressed either. I like the taste but I wouldn't do it for a demo. I think that the trifle bowl is so pretty that you don't need anything fancy just something good. Obviously it needs to be pretty too but there are so many trifle recipes that look nicer than that.

Oh yeah I almost forgot I had the same problem with it only filling it 2/3

Sounds like if they want a trifle, we can just offer them one of our other tried and true GOOD ones! I don't think I will even be testing this one from all of the bad and so-so reviews!

Well Kelly, I liked the taste but that was it.

I did this trifle for a demo today, BUT the host and I decided that strawberries would go over much... and they did!! :thumbup: I used strawberries instead of raspberries, and strawberry preserves instead of raspberry preserves. It looked ok... Mine filled up the trifle, and actually... I had an absurd amount of pudding mixture left over!! I thought that was really weird!! :rolleyes: But, at least thelittel churchladies liked it!! The show is at $400 and I got 3 October bookings!! I also did the porktenderloin in the DCB and they all want it!! :p

pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS said:
I did this trifle for a demo today, BUT the host and I decided that strawberries would go over much... and they did!! :thumbup: I used strawberries instead of raspberries, and strawberry preserves instead of raspberry preserves. It looked ok... Mine filled up the trifle, and actually... I had an absurd amount of pudding mixture left over!! I thought that was really weird!! :rolleyes: But, at least thelittel churchladies liked it!! The show is at $400 and I got 3 October bookings!! I also did the porktenderloin in the DCB and they all want it!! :p
great job and good recipe change... I might try that at home because cherry doesn't go over very well in my house...:)

I have made this a few times. It has come out looking nice. But I have found that if you let it set in the fridge, it is MUCH better. It firms it up and this way as your serving it, it doesn't fall apart.

I made the raspberry trifle for a bbq labor day weekend. I froze it for a couple hours before taking it to the bbq.

People liked it and said it was sooo pretty. I thought it looked ok. at least no one else saw the perfect picture.

Anyway more people like strawberries than do raspberrries. So next time I'm doing it w/ strawberries.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm a stickler with the recipes and I couldn't figure out, without doubling it, how it would go to the rim like the picture. I would still do this one. It was delicious! It doesn't take any time though, so an appetizer with it would be great. I made the Trifle, then the jerk chicken nachos and the cranberry fizz drink. I was done with everything and ready to go home in two hours. Awesome sales!! 4 bookings and the host purchased $400 in cookware (with 1/2 off item and 60% item) Yeah Panarama points!

Im so glad someone mentioned this. Im bringing this preprepared to a show Thursday and I havent had a chance to practice it yet. Maybe Ill try the strawberry substitutes and double the recipe to be sure it looks ok! Thanks :D

Have fun Stacey! It is a delicious dessert.

PCwithStay-C said:
Im so glad someone mentioned this. Im bringing this preprepared to a show Thursday and I havent had a chance to practice it yet. Maybe Ill try the strawberry substitutes and double the recipe to be sure it looks ok! Thanks :D

The only problem with doubling it is that then it makes too much. I have a lot of it left. I was thinking that if you double everything except for the pudding mixture that might be about right.

OK so I just finished putting this together for tomorrow. Completely forgot to double everything (except pudding!!) It isnt pretty, it filled up almost to the top, but it was good that is didnt fill all the way up, cause of the wafers on top! It just looks like a mess from the sides :( Oh well, hopefully it will taste good!! Thanks for all the tips :)

Related to Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph

What is "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph"?

"Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" is a cookbook that features unconventional and creative recipes for trifles, a popular dessert dish. It also includes personal stories and anecdotes from the author's journey in perfecting these recipes.

Who is the author of "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph"?

The author of "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" is a Pampered Chef consultant and home cook with a passion for creating unique and delicious trifles. She has spent years perfecting her recipes and sharing her love for trifles with others.

What types of recipes are included in "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph"?

Aside from traditional trifle recipes, "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" also includes creative and unique recipes such as savory trifles, breakfast trifles, and even trifle-inspired cocktails. There is something for every occasion and taste in this cookbook.

Are the recipes in "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for home cooks of all skill levels. The author includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure that anyone can create a delicious trifle.

Can I purchase "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" from Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Less Than Perfect Trifle - A Tale of Triumph" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can also purchase it through the author's personal website or at select Pampered Chef events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies