• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Legal Advice From Pampered Chef Ho

In summary, this company does not want to be held accountable for their actions and does not provide much help in understanding the law.
crazy4dabug
Here's what I received for the question on calling customers on a sunday for no other reason BUT to book shows....I guess we will never know (see her disclosure on the other sites not being helpful for individual states).

"Dear Deanna,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Unfortunately, we cannot
and do not dispense legal advice to our sales field. Any such questions
should be addressed with your attorney (as it relates to your own
business practices).

We recommend reviewing the FTC's and FCC's web sites, however, these
may not be of significant assistance in determining separate state rules
(if any) on the issue, as the FTC and FCC are both federal agencies.

Irene Pelczarski
Solution Center Supervisor
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
www.pamperedchef.com"

Geez, not real helpful.

interesting

What the??? Very non-commital!! Guess they don't want to be held accountable for our actions! LOL

Eh well....I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I know what I read into the law and I know my comfort level on it.

If you are really worried and just really need to know call you local District Attorney's office and ask them. I have never heard of such a thing.

I wasn't here to see the info that was deleted, but since it's still being discussed, I've kinda picked up on what I think this is about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this question raised for calls just for bookings?If so, I think my whole confusion about this topic even being raised is this:Is there ever a time that you call a customer and do NOTHING BUT ask them for a booking? I'm talking, zero customer-care talk. No checking-in to see how their products are working for them? Benefitting the customer IN NO WAY? I can't even imagine how a booking call like that would even go!I don't know about y'all, but my answer is NEVER. If I pick up the phone to call someone, my intention always includes providing some value to the customer. It's all about rapport, the way I see it. Otherwise, what's the point in even picking up the phone and dialing?And I would be positively shocked if making the types of calls we (or, at least, I) do in this business would be anywhere near illegal, UNLESS the person on the other end of the line is on the Do Not Call List and hadn't provided their number to you (thus, "opting in" to receive your call).Somebody please tell me if I'm missing some key info that would help me to understand the issue.

Yes, there is. Like I mentioned on the other thread...I did a home and garden show...got TONS of drawing slips with ppl's info. I'm calling them to try to drum up business, I want to make my goals and make money at this too ya know.
They haven't bought anything from me, just given me info for a drawing...how else would you conduct a call like this? I'm just not one to sit around and wait for the business to come, I'm gonna make it happen if I can.
So I call and say "Hi, this is Deanna we met at the H&G show. I was wondering if you had any questions about PC or would like any more info. Depending on what they say I'll see if they would like to have a shopping spree for our products, or a party with their friends...etc....it's all relative to their answers of course. If they are blank and just say NO I ask if I can keep them on my contact list and send them an invitation to a show I will have in the future..they usually say yes. And we visit..I may make a few other suggestions...etc..."
That's how it goes.
How is that not a sales call?

I would still say this is more of a customer service call. I considder people who I have met at a booth my customer wether or not they have bought something unless they tell me they have a consultant. Remember they gave you their #. We are trained to ask first thing if it is a good time for them. Do Telemarketers do that? Not usually. Do we give Telemarketers out PH#? Not usually. Do most telemarketers even care what time of the day it is? Not usually. If it is a bad time when I call I ask can I call them back if they say no then I thank them for their time, wish them well and never call them in. Do telemarketers do that? Not usually.

As many have said work your business however it works best for you. I think if this was a big issue we would get info from our uplines and HO when we sign our aggrements(sp?).

This is all just my opinion. It has been interesting hearing everyones view on this. If we all had to do things exactly the same most of probably would not be in this business.

etteluap70PC said:
As many have said work your business however it works best for you. I think if this was a big issue we would get info from our uplines and HO when we sign our aggrements(sp?).

I agree. Our HO and legal dept. would NOT allow us to do something that was illegal. I feel that if there was ANY chance we could be getting ourselves in trouble, they would warn us. I've NEVER heard this issue raised before so believe that there is no reason for anyone to get worried about being sued.

When you call, ask if it's a good time for them and go from there.

If anyone is uncomfortable with Sunday calls, like Deanna is, then don't make the calls. (I don't mean that to sound snotty....just stating a fact :) ) Each PC business is as unique as the consultant that runs it.....make it your own and work when you want.

Personally...I have been known to make calls on Sunday evenings. My husband is a pastor and Sunday is spent at church and with family. Sunday nights we don't have a service and I have called my customers and hosts during that time. The kids are getting ready for the upcoming school week and things are quiet at my house. I haven't done any booths lately so I haven't had to make a "cold call" in a long time.

I also feel that you should do your calling when you feel is the best time for your family & your area of the country. I don't think that people feel that PC is like a telemarketer, especially if they've already given you their name & number somewhere (booth, show, wherever). I have never had anyone complain to me when I've called on a Sunday evening (I've never called at other times of the day). For many people, that's a good time to get calls because they are relaxed from the weekend & home getting ready for the week--not running kids to soccer or trying to get dinner on the table. They also do have the choice NOT to pick up the phone & let the machine get it if they don't want someone calling on Sunday.

Oh--and also, I always ask when I call if I'm calling at a good time. So if you ask them that & they say yes, then you know they don't have a problem with it. You could also put on drawing slips for booths & such if there is a good day of week or time to call (or not call) next to the spot for their phone number. They would probably appreciate the courtesy.

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
I would still say this is more of a customer service call. I considder people who I have met at a booth my customer wether or not they have bought something unless they tell me they have a consultant. Remember they gave you their #. We are trained to ask first thing if it is a good time for them. Do Telemarketers do that? Not usually. Do we give Telemarketers out PH#? Not usually. Do most telemarketers even care what time of the day it is? Not usually. If it is a bad time when I call I ask can I call them back if they say no then I thank them for their time, wish them well and never call them in. Do telemarketers do that? Not usually.

This is all just my opinion. It has been interesting hearing everyones view on this. If we all had to do things exactly the same most of probably would not be in this business.

I do like your way of looking at it Paulette.

I just remembered that Tom Marston said that his most productive phone time is on Sunday nights.

KimmyDarling said:
I just remembered that Tom Marston said that his most productive phone time is on Sunday nights.

I've also been told this in MANY different training sessions. That's why I find it so hard to believe that it would be illegal. Of all the consultants across the country that are doing this on a regular basis...someone is bound to have stirred up trouble if it were true.

It all comes down to working your business in a way that is effective and efficient for you.

I think it depends on your customers. I do a lot of Sunday afternoon shows, so I don't think they'd mind a Sunday afternoon/early evening call.

I like the idea of putting a "good time NOT to call" line on booth slips. Lately, a lot of people have asked to have a Sunday party. I choose not to, as a rule, and people respect that.

But I have done one when Ihad to reschedule a party, and it was VERY WELL ATTENDED.

I also agree with Georgia Peach that HO would not let us knowingly break laws.

1. What type of legal advice does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers legal advice and resources related to business operations, including contract review and compliance with laws and regulations.

2. How can I access legal advice from Pampered Chef?

You can access legal advice from Pampered Chef by contacting the company's legal department directly or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Is there a fee for legal advice from Pampered Chef?

No, there is no fee for legal advice from Pampered Chef. It is a complimentary service for consultants and customers.

4. Can Pampered Chef assist with legal issues related to customer complaints?

Yes, Pampered Chef can provide guidance and resources for handling customer complaints and resolving any legal issues that may arise.

5. Are there any limitations to the legal advice provided by Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef's legal advice is limited to matters related to the company's business operations and does not constitute personal legal advice. It is recommended to seek independent legal counsel for personal legal matters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • familymgrkendra
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies