• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen shears

ChefLAM

Jul 15, 2008
Does anyone know if there is a way to sharpen the older style kitchen shears or is it best just to replace them with the newer style? Thanks for your help!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
The white ones or black ones with the herb stripper?

ChefLAM

Jul 15, 2008
I'm not sure. A customer left me a voice mail and asked if there was a way to sharpen her old kitchen shears or if she would have to have them replaced. She just said she bought them a while back. I will have to call her and see how long ago it was. I didn't know how many different kinds of shears we have had.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I've heard that cutting through a folded piece of foil (about 4 layers) can help to sharpen kitchen shears. I can't tell you where I heard this or if it will actually help.

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
I've heard that cutting through a folded piece of foil (about 4 layers) can help to sharpen kitchen shears. I can't tell you where I heard this or if it will actually help.

I heard that it was sandpaper that you cut through. Which sounds reasonable to me. In fact, I may have even tried it once.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
We have had white handled shears that are self-sharpening. Everytime you cut something the blades rub each other to sharpen the scissors. They were re-designed to the slim black shears. They were horrible!! They didn't really cut, they definitely didn't self-sharpen.

Our current black handled shears are the BOMB!! They are basically the white shears with a new handle. LOL!!

Aug 18, 2009
Truly I found that the black one do not stay sharp either. I have had them since August and they barely cut anything. I need to return them.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
She can always take them to a place that sharpens knives and scissors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennifer Hunsucker
Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
WestCoastPC
Replies
Views