• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Knives Be Stored Blade Up or Down in a Knife Block?

In summary, the recommended way to store knives in the bamboo block is with the blades facing down. This helps to protect the blades from damage and accidental cuts, and the block is designed to prevent any cut marks. Many users have found that their knives do not dull when stored in this manner. While some may have had success with other storage methods, the blades down placement is the preferred method for the block.
KayPT
So the use and care guide says to put the knives in the block with the blade facing down. Won't this dull the blades and put little cut marks in the block? I am confused as to their reasoning. Any ideas?

The blades go down. They said that bamboo won't dull the knives like wood would.

I had mine upside down in my old set but have had them down in the bamboo one since it came out. Take certain ones out every day and none have dulled. The block looks like new.

I have two knife blocks--the PC one and another. In my other knife block I keep the knives blade up. However, I keep them blade down in the PC knife block. In addition to it being bamboo, it also holds the knives in a more vertical position so they don't rub as much against the block as they're being inserted or removed.

mine are sideways :) I got a free block years before I became a consultant and a few years before PC came out with their forged cutlery.

I spent WAAAAY more on my knives than the PC ones!! Love my knives, but I would never buy them again. When I compare price and quality, Wusthof has slightly better quality, but PC's price beats out the quality difference hands down.

Hi there! I understand your concern about putting the knives in the block with the blades facing down. However, this is actually the recommended way to store the knives as it helps to protect the blades from damage or dulling. The block is specifically designed with slots that are sized to fit each knife, so there should not be any cut marks left on the block. Additionally, storing the knives with the blades facing down also helps to prevent any accidental cuts or injuries when reaching for a knife. I hope this helps clarify the reasoning behind the recommendation. Happy cooking!

1. Should I store my knives in the knife block with the blades up or down?

It is recommended to store your knives in the knife block with the blades down. This helps to protect the sharpness of the blades and prevents them from becoming dull.

2. Is it safe to store my knives in the knife block with the blades up?

Storing knives with the blades up can be dangerous, especially if you have young children in the household. It is best to store them with the blades down to prevent any accidents.

3. How do I properly clean my knife block?

To clean your knife block, use a damp cloth and mild soap to wipe down the exterior. For the interior, remove the knife slots and wash them with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before placing them back in the block.

4. Can I store different types of knives in the same knife block?

Yes, you can store different types of knives in the same knife block as long as they fit securely in the slots and the blades do not touch each other. It is also important to make sure the block is large enough to accommodate all of your knives.

5. How often should I clean my knife block?

It is recommended to clean your knife block at least every 3-4 months. However, if you notice any buildup of food or debris, it is best to clean it immediately to prevent any contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies