• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kinda Nervous..cooking Show for Tupperware Consultant

In summary, the host party will be a large party with many people under the host's control. The expert recommends focusing on the benefits of their products, trading up on any items that may be of interest to the host, and stressing the importance of the batter bowl's ability to go in the microwave.
Pam6170
I am kinda nervous about this. She is HUGE n the Tupperware biz and is have a mystery host party for all the people under her. It's going to be a rather large party. Any helpful hints?? She will be my 5th party but the 1st for not knowing anyone!!

Just treat her like any other host! That's really all she is, the business are so different with the host specials and benefits. Focus on the benefits of our products. I know they have cookware and knives so they may not be very intersted in those products so you could talk up Simple Additions and Stoneware. Is it this month or next month? If it's this month talk about the discontinued items, if it's next month, talk about the new stuff that's coming out.

By the way, I would still talk about the cookware and knives because it's a part of our business!

Also if she is that big on it, she'll be mentioning her stuff too out of habit while talking. Try to incorporate it into what you have and show how things work well together.

I agree to treat her just like you would anyone else. We sale so much different stuff than they do, too.

I found a piece of TW that needs to be replaced, so I've been thinking about finding a consultant to "trade shows" and open my eyes as to how our plan stacks up against others.I just peeked in their catalog, and the product lines are very different. My mom used to sell TW, I inherited all of her collection and I'd like to say there's "room in every kitchen for both." TW focuses on food storage and toys ... PC focuses more on making preparation easier.I would emphasize:
• The batter bowl's abilty to go in the microwave.
• The Chizanne's server's ability not to leak all over your table (after seeing it demo'ed. I REALLY wish I hadn't gotten the TW thing for veggie trays, which was purchased pre-PC.)
• The versatility and VALUE of stoneware, cookware and knives. TW knives and cookware are OUTRAGEOUS and never half price!Also, if you're going to talk scrapers, I'd play up the mini one to get stuff out of salad dressing bottles and stuff. It's something no other vendor has!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I found a piece of TW that needs to be replaced, so I've been thinking about finding a consultant to "trade shows" and open my eyes as to how our plan stacks up against others.

I just peeked in their catalog, and the product lines are very different. My mom used to sell TW, I inherited all of her collection and I'd like to say there's "room in every kitchen for both." TW focuses on food storage and toys ... PC focuses more on making preparation easier.

I would emphasize:
• The batter bowl's abilty to go in the microwave.
• The Chizanne's server's ability not to leak all over your table (after seeing it demo'ed. I REALLY wish I hadn't gotten the TW thing for veggie trays, which was purchased pre-PC.)
• The versatility and VALUE of stoneware, cookware and knives. TW knives and cookware are OUTRAGEOUS and never half price!

Also, if you're going to talk scrapers, I'd play up the mini one to get stuff out of salad dressing bottles and stuff. It's something no other vendor has!
TW benefits are not that good. You get a percentage free depending on your show value and it starts off at 10% with a $250 show. You also have to pay shipping on anything that is not free. And after your free value, you pay full price. As a host you are also not allowed to purchase stuff at the guest price unless you purchase as a guest. They do offer a couple other free items every season. I got a large round container for free and a couple small orange specialty containers that I am still waiting on. I just did a catalog show because the modulars were on sale. Over all, I probably would not host again but will purchase when the modulars go on sale again.

Yeah, the TW host plan is not good at all. A lot of their benefits depend on if you get a booking.

Oh, I'm aware of that ... I heard a trainer say once that hosting a show for another vendor opens your eyes as to how GREAT our benefits are ... my previous product line gave TREMENDOUS host benefits so I think I need a fresh perspective! Besides, I really don't want to pay shipping to return my cake taker and if I must have a party to get the free shipping. so much the better for me. About the only thing I'd need would be the microwave stuff to take my food to work, anyway.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Oh, I'm aware of that ... I heard a trainer say once that hosting a show for another vendor opens your eyes as to how GREAT our benefits are ... my previous product line gave TREMENDOUS host benefits so I think I need a fresh perspective! Besides, I really don't want to pay shipping to return my cake taker and if I must have a party to get the free shipping. so much the better for me. About the only thing I'd need would be the microwave stuff to take my food to work, anyway.
I just got my cake taker. Cannot wait to use it. I've only hosted a jewelry (Premier) party before I signed with PC and PC's benefits are so much better than TW or PD.

Well, my previous jewelry line's benefits were WAY better than Premier ... a hostess of a $300 show gets $110 in free product, plus three half price items which often went unused.Crossing over to PC was a bit of a "culture shock" at first because the hostess of the same party only got $40 in FPV and ONE half price item.But then I saw the marketability, versitility and value of the PC items. It is MUCH easier for my hostesses to reach that level and higher than the jewelry EVER was. I frequently had to combine shows or bail them out with my own money because of their STUPID $250 show minimum.Besides ... I'm looking to TRADE parties ... she has one for me, I have one for her. But that is assuming that I can replace my cracked cake taker with one that is more functional. The round vintage one I have will not hold a standard sized plate, which makes it hard to take a cake baked on the fluted stone to a church potluck!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, my previous jewelry line's benefits were WAY better than Premier ... a hostess of a $300 show gets $110 in free product, plus three half price items which often went unused.

Crossing over to PC was a bit of a "culture shock" at first because the hostess of the same party only got $40 in FPV and ONE half price item.

But then I saw the marketability, versitility and value of the PC items. It is MUCH easier for my hostesses to reach that level and higher than the jewelry EVER was. I frequently had to combine shows or bail them out with my own money because of their STUPID $250 show minimum.

Besides ... I'm looking to TRADE parties ... she has one for me, I have one for her. But that is assuming that I can replace my cracked cake taker with one that is more functional. The round vintage one I have will not hold a standard sized plate, which makes it hard to take a cake baked on the fluted stone to a church potluck!
I got the cake taker in the current catalog. It's really nice and big. Not too crazy about the color but it works. You can also flip the tray over and it is a divided serving tray.

1. How can I prepare for my first cooking show as a Tupperware consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can prepare for your first cooking show by familiarizing yourself with the products you will be using, practicing the recipes beforehand, and creating a schedule for the show. It's also helpful to have a backup plan in case something goes wrong during the show.

2. What are some tips for engaging my audience during the cooking show?

To engage your audience, try to involve them in the cooking process by asking for volunteers or having them help with certain tasks. You can also share fun facts or interesting information about the products or recipe. Make sure to maintain a friendly and enthusiastic demeanor throughout the show.

3. How do I handle questions or objections from my guests?

It's important to address any questions or objections from your guests with confidence and knowledge. If you are not sure of the answer, you can always refer to the Pampered Chef website or reach out to your team leader for assistance. Be sure to listen to their concerns and address them in a respectful manner.

4. What should I do if a guest wants to purchase a product that isn't available at the cooking show?

If a guest is interested in purchasing a product that is not available at the cooking show, you can offer to place an order for them or direct them to your personal Pampered Chef website. You can also let them know about any upcoming specials or promotions that may include the product they are looking for.

5. How can I make my cooking show stand out from others?

To make your cooking show stand out, you can add your own personal touch by sharing your favorite recipes or tips for using the products. You can also offer a special discount or gift for those who place an order during the show. Additionally, creating a fun and inviting atmosphere with music or decorations can make your show more memorable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ajadzioba
  • Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen