• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?

In summary, Becky is planning to set up a table at her fundraiser tomorrow where she will be selling simple additions and easy entertaining recipes. She is also going to have a sign that says "Create A Centerpiece" and "Use the items on this table and work with them to create your own personalized centerpiece, or Buffet Set."
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a big fundraiser tomorrow where I will be at a booth all day - for the West Mi. Downs Syndrome Association.

I had planned to have one table be gift giving ideas, and also kit products (sorta half and half) and the other table to be Simple Additions and Easy Entertaining....I have all kinds of stuff to set up the displays like those in the mini Christmas catalog......and was planning my table format...when I suddenly thought it would be fun to set up the displays just a bit, but then have a sign (Actually, I was thinking of writing it on my rectangle platter w/ handles) saying something like:

"Create A Centerpiece"

"Use the items on this table and work with them to create your own personalized centerpiece, or Buffet Set"

I have ornaments, ribbons, pine cones, candles, gourds, leaves, greenery........So - what do you all think of this idea? Do you think it would be too difficult to pull off? Help me work through this!
Thanks!

I think it sounds fun!

If you can show them different pictures of what they could do and then have them try it for themselves to see how fast & easy it is...

My question, though, is how will this help you sell products and get bookings? They are getting the ideas then and there at no charge. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for good will... just wondering what your goals are for this event and what you want the final outcome to be and if this will get you there...

Well, I was thinking if they could play with the simple additions and see how versatile they are, along with the Trifle Bowl, then they may be more apt to buy them........I will also have the signage up about Simple Additions being 20% off.

I think that sounds like a fun interactive idea Becky. You can talk to them about some of the yummy easy entertaining recipes you can do in the Simple Additions to entice them to do a party. Hopefully your interactive table will atleast get them to stick around so you can talk as opposed to a regular drawing where some are often beelining in the other direction. :)

I like the idea - so many people think they are "uncreative"; you're showing them how to be creative, simply.

On a similar note, I had a Shop Til You Drop event Wednesday night (which was awesome, BTW - we had over 450 people!) I had my table set up with entertaining pieces in the back, up on table cloth covered boxes. I had the trifle bowl with a pillar candle in the middle surrounded by ball ornaments, the cranberry/white rectangle platter with 3 different sized candles and Christmas potpourri scattered on the platter, and the appetizer plates/caddy (cranberry and white plates) with a cute bow tied around the top. In the front I had the tool turn about and other "kitchen tools". I had a lady come up to me and say, "Who are you with?" Now...I had a PC banner above my table and I had on a PC shirt so it should have been obvious. I told her Pampered Chef, and she said, "Oh, this is way too entertain-ee for me. I just like the tools. You all should go back to what you know." And she walked away. I didn't even have time to think of what to say!! I guess to each his own.

Anyway, end of hijack. I like your idea, Becky!

I think the idea is great! I actually have a vendor event at my church on Sunday and I'm planning on putting out some products tied together with holiday ribbon to give people gift ideas, as well as some of my SA products. I hope it goes well for you!

I think I might try that at my booth next weekend. Let us know how it went.

Well - it was fun! I didn't have a whole lot of sales ($200) but it was a great way to interact with people, and they had fun. My booth was the busiest one there (even though my sales were low - I think they were still better than most!) and I booked 4 shows!

People really had fun mixing and matching the dots with the white and cranberry pieces. One of the favorite ways to do the Dots (everyone commented on this one) was to turn the med. Dots bowl upside down, sit the large Dots bowl on top of it, and place a small Dots bowl inside to use for dip. It was a little extra work hauling all of my SA and stands - but worth it!

Good for you, Becky, that you got 4 bookings!

The bookings make your business so awesome job Becky! You laid the groundwork for some good future sales!

Thanks for the suggestion & postive update. I will definitely have to try it now. I have the SA tote so hopefully it will be pretty easy to get them there.

I forgot to mention the funniest part about the day!

Half of my sales, and half of my bookings - came from the other vendors who were there.:thumbup:

I had a CM consultant and a Tastefully Simple consultants both book shows for January, "because business for me is dead in January". They both said the same thing! I also had previously booked a show with a Lia Sophia consultant who said the same thing!
I just found it funny (ironic) that they are helping my business be GREAT because they are just assuming theirs will be "dead".:D

What is "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?"

"Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?" is a program at Pampered Chef that encourages consultants to share their innovative ideas for new products, recipes, and business strategies.

Who can participate in "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?"

Any Pampered Chef consultant can participate in "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?" by submitting their ideas through the designated online form or by attending a local idea brainstorming session.

What should I include in my idea submission for "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?"

Your idea submission should include a detailed description of your idea, its potential benefits, and any supporting materials such as sketches, photos, or videos. It should also clearly identify which product category your idea falls under (cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, etc.).

Will I receive credit or compensation if my idea is chosen?

If your idea is chosen and implemented by Pampered Chef, you will receive credit for your contribution and may be compensated for your idea. However, please note that not all ideas will be selected for implementation.

Can I submit multiple ideas for "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?"

Yes, you can submit multiple ideas for "Just Had an Idea - What Do You Think?" There is no limit to the number of ideas you can submit, but it is recommended to focus on quality rather than quantity when submitting your ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • PChefPEI