• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got It, Don't Know How to Do It.

In summary, the person's wisdom teeth were pulled and they are a fraidy cat when it comes to dentists.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Can anyone help. Call it dumb, call it what you will. How do you open the handle of the microplane adjustable grater. I can't do it....LOL.
Am I dumb or what???
It just doesn't open for me....LOL:D

oh and guess what...Teeth all impacted...yupper. 31 and tomorrow, oral surgeon will probably be yanking my wisdom teeth. I am a fraidy cat tooo.....
Told him to knock me out and tell me when its over....OUCHIES...LOL

It's not you!! At first it is hard to figure out! When you hold the handle, put your thumb on the end (where it hinges) and squeeze your hand together. You will feel the handle go towards you. You then can adjust it to a tent like stand or flatten it out.
Let me know if it helps!!! Hope so before you grit those pearlies down to nothing!!!:D

Jill, if you have the micro grader handle facing you press the button where it pivits on the left and push the handle to the left and then it should move for you. Mine is pretty stiff. It took me a while to get it.You are not dumb!!!:)

haha i was like that too when I got it. I had to sit down and read the directions hehe!

So sorry to hear about your teeth...it must hurt so bad.:( I still have my wisdoms (they don't make you wiser either!!) but that is because I had a former army dentist and he yanked some teeth out to make room for other teeth coming in. The concept worked on the top, but not the bottom. The bottom teeth behind the extractions turned and the front bottoms ones still crowded in. No braces...but I have my wisdom teeth...big whoop!!!

Jilleysue said:
oh and guess what...Teeth all impacted...yupper. 31 and tomorrow, oral surgeon will probably be yanking my wisdom teeth. I am a fraidy cat tooo.....Told him to knock me out and tell me when its over....OUCHIES...LOL

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled when I was in college. I told the doctor to knock me out too! As I was coming out of the anesthesia, I kept smiling at my husband and saying (in a very loud, sing-songy voice!) "KISS ME! KISS ME AGAIN!". He was SO embarrassed!! But being the very sweet man he is...he kept kissing me :)

Oh they knocked me out to take mine out, I am a complete wienie when it comes to the dentist. All I remember is waking up to the nurse yelling at me because I slapped her when she was trying to put my earing back in. Oops!!I thought later on when I could think straight how stupid to try and touch someone when they are waking up like that!!

Jill - if you can't get it to move, try your opposite hand...I can only do it with one hand and not the other.

On the wisdom teeth - take care! I can't relate...I was smart enough never to get ANY wisdom teeth! :)

pamperedalf said:
Oh they knocked me out to take mine out, I am a complete wienie when it comes to the dentist. All I remember is waking up to the nurse yelling at me because I slapped her when she was trying to put my earing back in. Oops!!

I thought later on when I could think straight how stupid to try and touch someone when they are waking up like that!!

Is this why they charge us so much?? Combat pay?? Who can blame you for slapping her...like you said...you were just coming out of it! Kind of glad I have mine now!:eek:

I had a pretty lucky time with my 4 impacted wisdom teeth. They did knock me out, and when I woke up in a different chair than I fell asleep in, I asked how I got there! The nurse said, "don't you remember? You walked!" And I had very little pain, so hopefully that will be your case!

Oh god, I hope so. I hate pain. I have had other surgeries...Voluntary...lol...but still I hate pain...LOL and I HATE HATE HATE DENTISTS!!!!!!

I would rather get run over...hate those sounds, or drilling...UGGG.
Thanks for the kinds words and uplifting spirits.
Oh and I figured out this dang thing..Thank you. Was driving me crazy...

THe microplane drove me crazy at first too, but the more you use it, the looser it gets:)

Hope your surgery goes well. I'm like you; I said definately knock me out....that was interesting!

yuck...i was supposed to get them out last summer and never got around to it. I think it will happen this summer. ahh!!! my first one just broke through. The dentist wanted me to get them out before they came though. The thought of surgery just makes me queasy. i have have 9 baby teeth pulled with local anestesia (numbing stuff! he he...i can't spell) but i have never gone under!

The microplane made me so mad when i got it. i must have read the directions 10 times! I "accidentally" figured it out. I thought you were supposed to twist the handle! But it is now my FAVORITE product!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I think I have gotten about a gallon of Novocaine injected in to my mouth.... I had a ski accident in 6th grade: 2 root canals, a post and core, and one bonding....... all of my baby teeth pulled except for 1 that fell out on it's own.... 2 adult molars pulled, 2 or 3 cavaties, umm, braces.... 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled.....yeah, I HATE dentists!!!Good luck Jilley :) ...my wisdom teeth were actually not the worst experience of everything listed above...I didn't remember a thing, and was feeling pretty good by the next day to go to the store and all!!

Jilleysue said:
Can anyone help. Call it dumb, call it what you will. How do you open the handle of the microplane adjustable grater. I can't do it....LOL.
Am I dumb or what???
It just doesn't open for me....LOL:D
This made me giggle....I have a host whose DH was using the MG, and she walked into the kitchen with him swearing and complaining about how stupid the new grater from PC is because he had to stop all the time and scrap the cheese out of it......he was using it in the closed position!:DYou're a step ahead JilleySue....at least you know it's supposed to open!

ChefBeckyD said:
This made me giggle....I have a host whose DH was using the MG, and she walked into the kitchen with him swearing and complaining about how stupid the new grater from PC is because he had to stop all the time and scrap the cheese out of it......he was using it in the closed position!:D

You're a step ahead JilleySue....at least you know it's supposed to open!

That's funny! (But I'm impressed the husband was actually helping in the kitchen :D ) I had a host once complain about how her oil kept seeping out of the measure all cup. She was pouring it in the dry ingredient side, instead of the cup! I always tell people at a show if you hate a PC product it's probably because you aren't using it correctly :)

~~~ "I always tell people at a show if you hate a PC product it's probably because you aren't using it correctly"
~~~ LOVE THAT LINE!!! Gonna steal it!! :)

The Microplane ....to open the handle...it looks like you're pressing a button at first glance...but you are actually sliding the handle over... I demo that at my shows...it seems to be a common confusion.

Jilleysue said:
Oh god, I hope so. I hate pain. I have had other surgeries...Voluntary...lol...but still I hate pain...LOL and I HATE HATE HATE DENTISTS!!!!!!

I would rather get run over...hate those sounds, or drilling...UGGG.
Thanks for the kinds words and uplifting spirits.
Oh and I figured out this dang thing..Thank you. Was driving me crazy...

You'll do great. I'm also VERY frightened of the dentist and in my life I've had eight (yes, 8!) teeth removed. I've been knocked out each time (that's the worst for me because my real fear is the needle).

I don't remember much from any of those visits. Also, I wasn't in a lot of pain afterwards (though I did get bruised and puffed up the final time). If you are hurting now you'll feel so much better when those mean teeth are gone. BTW, if you have all four wisdom teeth -- get them ALL OUT NOW even if there are two that are not currently causing problems. You don't want to go through this again.

its definately not you! I broke mine the first time i was opening it. I think directors should give a lesson on it. I think mine is going to. I have my replacement, but afraid to get near it. LOL

Glad you got it working, Jillysue. Sorry about your teeth. Like Janet, mine never came in. Yup, I'm still waiting to get that wisdom.

vwpamperedchef said:
its definately not you! I broke mine the first time i was opening it. I think directors should give a lesson on it. I think mine is going to. I have my replacement, but afraid to get near it. LOL

I've started doing this with my consultants at training meetings. Last month we played with the Mandoline. They loved it! (The opportunity to play with it....not the mandoline itself! :eek: ) I think many times we aren't sure how to use something or are uncomfortable with it. Instead of just getting it out and forcing yourself to get familiar with it, we just avoid it! Not using it at a show...not talking about it....we are losing out on sales!!

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef chopper?

To use the Pampered Chef chopper, first make sure all parts are assembled correctly. Place the food you want to chop into the container and secure the lid. Hold onto the top handle and pull the cord to rotate the blades. Continue pulling until the food is chopped to your desired consistency.

2. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef non-stick cookware?

To clean your Pampered Chef non-stick cookware, first wait for it to cool down completely. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth with warm, soapy water to gently clean the surface. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating. Rinse and dry the cookware thoroughly before storing.

3. How do I season my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To season your Pampered Chef stoneware, first wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it completely. Then, spread a thin layer of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the stoneware. Place it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Let it cool down completely before using.

4. What is the best way to use the Pampered Chef microwave steamer?

To use the Pampered Chef microwave steamer, first fill the base with water according to the instructions. Place the food in the steamer basket and secure the lid. Microwave for the recommended amount of time, and carefully remove the steamer from the microwave using oven mitts. Let it cool down before opening the lid and serving.

5. How do I assemble the Pampered Chef spiral and slice?

To assemble the Pampered Chef spiral and slice, first place the blade attachment onto the base and secure it with the handle. Then, insert the food holder and adjust the blade to your desired thickness. Finally, attach the handle to the top of the food holder and you're ready to use it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • HerDourbDop