• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Logo Wear Challenge: Tips for Talking to Strangers from Suzy in Texas

In summary, being a Pampered Chef consultant can be hard. You must be approachable, have a tote that works for you, and make your bag work for you.
Suzy Englert
So how is everyone doing with this challenge? I wore my PC logo and bag and was out and about for while-no one approached me.

Do you have any hints about talking to random people-this seems to be hard for me. I have no trouble picking up the phone, but face to face with people I don't know is hard.

Suzy in Texas

I try to wear logo where everytime I go shopping or carry my catalog tote with me at least. I have been doing this for about a year. I have never had anyone approached me or even ask about PC.

I consider myself outgoing and approachable, maybe not.

Sorry to hear you aren't having any luck, but it is nice to know I'm not alone.

Since the 1st of January I have used my tote bag (always with the catalog showing) and worn PC Logowear at least once a week. I've had one person, only one, count 'em one, person mention "aah. . .Pampered Chef". Maybe I'm not looking approachable? What do those of you who have been successful at the tote thing do differently than I might be doing? I use the tote as my purse now, so I have it with me everywhere.

Yeah I have been carrying around my Pampered Chef tote for a year now and only one person has ever said anything. I gave them my business card and and tried to get info from them, but it was a no go.

I actually do well with my bag. I was at Toys R Us the other day and got a phone number to call to have a a party. I think it has a lot to do with how you portray yourself when you are out. I hope that my attitude shows that I am proud to sell PC and maybe that what comes through. I also say sometimes at the grocery store when checking out that I just got a new recipe from PC and I am trying it out for a show. Sometimes it gets a reaction and sometimes not. It depends on who the cashier is. :O)

I have two logo shirts that I wear to shows. I occasionally wear them out and about, but I have never gotten any business from them. I am not participating in the challenge. Even if I got a booking for next week, I do not have time to do it. I am booking into March right now.

KrisGio said:
I actually do well with my bag. I was at Toys R Us the other day and got a phone number to call to have a a party. I think it has a lot to do with how you portray yourself when you are out. I hope that my attitude shows that I am proud to sell PC and maybe that what comes through. I also say sometimes at the grocery store when checking out that I just got a new recipe from PC and I am trying it out for a show. Sometimes it gets a reaction and sometimes not. It depends on who the cashier is. :O)

This is the key, you are on the right track! It's all about finding the leads yourself with these tools, not about waiting for them to come to you. Every once in a blue moon you'll get these types of leads (the ones that fall in your lap), the rest of the time, you have to work for them!

I LOVE my catalog tote. First, be approachable (ie: put together, don't run out with you catalog tote if your in your sweats and a dirty ol t-chirt, if you're going to do business, be ready for business!).

Second, build relationships. It's a lot harder to walk up to a random person and say "Hey, ever heard of the Pampered Chef" than it is to say hello to someone and comment on their top of their choice of macaroni in the pasta aisle. Give them a smile and introduct yourself. Then you'll feel a whole lot more comfortable saying, "My names so & so, I'm a Pampered Chef consultant in this area, have you ever heard of us?".

Third, make your bag work for you! USE IT! When it's time to cash out of wherever I am, the bag goes onto counter facing either the cashier or the line of people behind me. I make it visible. I purposly dig through it for my wallet. I take time so other's can see it. I may pull a stack of recipe cards out of it to get to my wallet and that's my opening to say hey, I have this new recipe here, would you like one to take home? Of course, that sparks the conversation.

Practicing doing this with your family members or go "lead shopping" with another consultant on your team so you can learn from each other. The key is to make it comfortable, if it's not comfortable, then it's not coming off as genuine! People like people who are real!

And fourth, start thinking positive! I'M GOING OUT TODAY AND I'M GOING TO MEET SOME PEOPLE. It's amazing how the power of positive thinking can affect your day!

Hope that helps :)

Thanks so much for the advice Darcy. I have been carrying my tote on and off for a few weeks, and have been using the shopping bag. I have had one person ask about the shopping bags. When I tried to talk with her about PC, she then proceeded to tell me how she finds cookware on sale and stockpiles it.

I have carried both the PC tote & a new personalized tote I got from TRN. I have had several people stop me while carrying both. I like my new one b/c it is personalized & looks more like a purse. Someone on here said that a catalog w/food on the front of it gets more peoples attention. The knife block catalog seemed to get more people asking me about PC than the winter one.

What are you supposed to write in the email? Did anyone submit their email yet?

I rarely wear logo wear to my parties anymore. They know I do PC and if they don't they will by the end of the show.

I got a lead the other day at the store by wearing my Packers jacket! Someone came up to me and asked if I was from WI. We had a nice conversation about that, etc. and after a bit the conversation came around to PC when she saw my bag. She placed an order and is looking at a date for her party. WOO HOO!

The only place I went today was to do my taxes. I did have my bag and a catalog I left my catalog with my tax consultant=)

I haven't left the house today, I'm a wuss, it snowed last night and I hate driving in the snow. I did have a guy come to the house for a meeting today though, and he's going to give his wife one of my catalogs.

Well, the State Police have asked everyone to stay off the roads here today. It's been "blistering" here all day. (DS thinks it's a blister, not a blizzard.:D) There are at least 2 major highways closed because of weather & accidents. (I-96 at I-196, and 131 is closed in 2 places...it was closed in a different place all morning.)

I've been cooking, and cleaning, and playing with DS & DH today. It's been fun to have a day together. They are building a bird house together right now, so I might try make some calls and emails and get a catalog show for this coming week, and call it good!

I really haven't made it "out" today either. I had a Spring Kick-off meeting today, and then went right home. I did go out to the grocery store, with the same ol' clerks I see each day. I always carry my catalog tote around, but haven't not had the courage to make conversation first.

It is in the attitude! I have people approach me when I am in my best moods it seems. I also troll the housewares isle of major stores and if I see people with the gun or checking out specific items I approach them, introduce myself and ask if they know about PC. I usually end up giving a catalog. I have even gotten orders on my website. I have had cashiers ask me about PC when they are standing in front of the registers being bored (ie asking if you are ready to check out).

I do know I have to be better about getting contact info. I tend to forget in the excitement of talking PC.

DH and I are going out tonight so I am hoping to be a part of the challenge!

My hubby and I went car shopping today, and the sales guy said he loves to cook, I had my bag and my polo shirt on, I was really trying today and he said that he would like to order so I gave him my card with ordering instructions! So I hope I get a order!

Bren706 said:
I really haven't made it "out" today either. I had a Spring Kick-off meeting today, and then went right home. I did go out to the grocery store, with the same ol' clerks I see each day. I always carry my catalog tote around, but haven't not had the courage to make conversation first.

OT: How was the kick-off? I was supposed to go but then lots of things were going to happen here today and none of my team could go...

I really wanted to go though!

I always wear my logo wear and carry my tote, for the two years I have been doing this and have never gotten anything :( I do approach people and stall at registers. I've done it all and never gotten one thing out of it :( As I said on another post I also have the Merrill decal on my car for about a year and haven't gotten anything from that either. I am always, always prepared for business. I don't know what I can do different :(

I LOVE my catalog tote. First, be approachable (ie: put together, don't run out with you catalog tote if your in your sweats and a dirty ol t-chirt, if you're going to do business, be ready for business!).

I have to respectfully disagree. I use my catalog tote as my purse and so I take my daughter to preschool then hit the gym. Both places I've talked to people and they didn't care as they were in the same clothes. Just the other day after working out I went to deposit money from a a show at the bank on base and while i was with the teller someone said "OH Pampered Chef!" then the woman's daughter thought her mom was embarassing her but then I heard "Honey thats why she carries the bag, to get business"! RIGHT ON MOM! :chef: They asked for a catalog and all I had were the holiday ones and we were all in a hurry and forgot to get their info.

It can happen any where, any time. :)

Me too. I'm always prepared dress-wise and attitude-wise. I do like the fact that I have all my materials organized in my tote, though. It's all ready to go when I'm meeting a host or a prospective recruit. I sometimes wonder, though, if Home Office gets these ideas from someone who's had great success with it and pitched it to all of us thinking we'd all have the same success?

jbdowd0798 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I use my catalog tote as my purse and so I take my daughter to preschool then hit the gym. Both places I've talked to people and they didn't care as they were in the same clothes. Just the other day after working out I went to deposit money from a a show at the bank on base and while i was with the teller someone said "OH Pampered Chef!" then the woman's daughter thought her mom was embarassing her but then I heard "Honey thats why she carries the bag, to get business"! RIGHT ON MOM! :chef: They asked for a catalog and all I had were the holiday ones and we were all in a hurry and forgot to get their info.

It can happen any where, any time. :)

Ha ha, well this I do agree with :) It's those moments when you wake up mid-morning and need something at the grocery store (probably laundry detergent cause you don't have a darn thing to wear!), haven't taken a shower, hairs a wreck and you wear you're pj's outa the house cause you're too darn tired to change them... you probably shouldn't be doing business then hahahaha I've had those moments :)

I went to a local farmer's market today...it is huge and open year 'round. I did have people checking out my reusable shopping bags as it is "all the rage". No one approached me. Just smiles. Maybe I need to do it a couple of times...This should be a weekend long event. 1 day is not enough. I will say I wear my PC HWC pin and always get comments on it. Helps to be a nurse and people I work with notice cancer symbols! :)

whooohooo
I got a book show today...I had a hair appointment so I was determined to do exactly as marla and Jean said. I put on my PC sweatshirt and had my tote ready. I walked into the salon. They all pretty much know I do PC. I handed the receptionists some mini catalogs, and recipe cards and the flyer for February. They said they would lay the info out. I had to take off my sweatshirt to get my hair done so I "stategically" placed it on a chair in the salon. Then I had an opportunity to move it a few times. One of the gals struck up a conversation with me and I got her to pull a book show together for me with the other gals. They joked that they needed a new quick stir pitcher in the salon for the "food counter". I'm so excited. I already emailed Jean and Marla. And then I had a BB game to go to. One of the moms saw my bag ( I leave the white sign in the front pocket that says ASK ME ABOUT THE PAMPERED CHEF). She asked for a catalog and wants to do one this spring. whoo hooo for me

I have gotten two leads in recent weeks from carrying the tote ... the most recent one, the husband and wife were picking out their order as they stood in line! I haven't heard from them yet, however ....

I agree ... I need to be intentional about it ... a future director in my cluster was going on about how she goes "lead shopping" and I honestly don't know if I can be as bold as she is ... but she does it on the same day I would do it ... so maybe we SHOULD go together ... or maybe I should just take a page from her book.

Today I was exhausted and stressed ... I did go shopping for cat litter, wearing logo wear and carrying the tote, but got zero leads. I am wondering if it would be dishonest to e-mail about the lead I got 2 days ago before I knew about the challenge?

Wooo hooo. Had 2 women walk up to me! I got their info and gave them my card and catalog! I am contacting them tomorrow!!! I HEART MY TOTE~

i had my tote... and was not really paying attention... some lady asked my husband at the restaurant we were at for my card.. i did not have any on me... but i had a catalog... gave it to her... got her name and number for a show

My husband and I were WAY far away from home this weekend while vacationing at a Bed & Breakfast. I wore my PC Yoga pants and jacket and our hostess at the B&B asked if I was a PC consultant. When I replied that I was, she asked if I brought her a catalog! So of course I pulled one out for her! She cooks with all PC stuff for her guests. And let me tell you that breakfast there was AMAZING! Hopefully I'll at least get an individual order from her. I also told her she's welcome to pass the catalog around. (-:

I'm going to turn this in, but I'm not 100% sure it will count...

We were out and about on Saturday. My little boy (almost 1) fell asleep in the car. So my hubby took my 3 year old with him and I sat in the van waiting for them. A lady saw my car magnets and came up to me. I had my catalog tote with me and gave her a catalog, and got her phone #. Just sitting there I got a great lead, she is a PC junkie and just moved here and is ready to do a show. (all this was what she told me). I love it! I also had a catalog show book for February, but it is really iffy if it will come through.

kaseydee said:
I have carried both the PC tote & a new personalized tote I got from TRN. I have had several people stop me while carrying both. I like my new one b/c it is personalized & looks more like a purse. Someone on here said that a catalog w/food on the front of it gets more peoples attention. The knife block catalog seemed to get more people asking me about PC than the winter one.

What is TRN??? Thanks!

I wore my logo shirt to Bible study and had 4 women asked about Pampered Chef. 2 asked for a catalog and said they were interested in having a show and 1 ordered something personally and 1 said she was looking for a consultant since her other one had stop selling. I am hopeful wearing the logo will work again!

I e-mailed Marla and jean and I recieved an email back today from them This is what they said
"Wahoo! Keep creating good news for your business! "

BethCooks4U said:
OT: How was the kick-off? I was supposed to go but then lots of things were going to happen here today and none of my team could go...

I really wanted to go though!

It was great! Michael Reeves spoke on recruiting. OMG he was great!!! Robin House spoke about bookings (she talked about using the DCB aka "the magic pot" and the Salad Choppers, aka the "choppy choppies" :), and all of the great meals you can make with them). My director's sister director (who hosts our monthly cluster meeting each month) spoke about having a great show/host coaching.

Can't wait to meet you tomorrow!

I got an email also... Mine said about the same thing as yours

I love my catalog tote. I have gotten many comments and given out many cards but have yet to create any business from it. I did plan my trip today, had to take the kids to the dentist. While I was paying I put my tote on the counter, catalog facing in and the receptionist said "Oh I just love Pampered Chef" which of course I replied that I did as well and was a consultant, would she like a catalog. Told her new products were coming out March 1, gave her the new catalog. I also left one in the lobby. I put all my contact information and add a "free" cooking show to it. So, I'm hopeful something will come of it. Just trying to get my name out there. Have not bought any logo wear yet, but will soon. :D

I got the same email today from Marla and Jean

I wore my t-shirt and carried my tote as usual on Saturday. I met 2 college girls doing a bake sale for their "service organization" at the local college. I told them that I could put together a fundraiser for them and I am supposed to email a proposal to them today. I don't think that would count since it wasn't a show booked for this week...but it sure will be good down the road! Think of all those parents all over the USA buying PC online to support their girls! LOL!

I was unaware that there was a challenge. (I'm not actively keeping on top of my buisness) BUT, I carry the tote bag and try to wear logo wear while out and about anyway. I was in the grocery store today to grab a few things and this woman and her DD were in my way. She looks up and realizes I'm trying to sqeeze around and she quickly appologizes and moves arounds so I can get by. 2 seconds after I pass her I hear "PAMPERED CHEF!!!" I think i jumped 10 feet in the air she suprised me so bad. Infact I was so suprised when she asked for a catty and my info I didn't insist on her info to follow up with. (here's hopin she really does want to order) So, I guess this would be a 3rd or 4th for me... Anyway, positive results with out trying too hard.

I had my catalog tote with me at the doctors office and one of the nurses saw it and asked me for a catalog, I had it with me bacuse it had my book I was reading in it. You never know when someone will see it. I also have been using my shopping bags and had 2 checkers ask if I sell pc, then I gave them a catalog, this is a great time to get rid of the left over catalogs from the fall/winter season.

Related to Join the Logo Wear Challenge: Tips for Talking to Strangers from Suzy in Texas

1. How is everyone doing with the "Join the Logo Wear Challenge"?

It's great to hear that you participated in the challenge by wearing your PC logo and bag! As for how others are doing, it varies. Some may have had more success than others in striking up conversations with strangers. Remember, it's all about putting yourself out there and being confident in representing your brand.

2. I wore my PC logo and bag, but no one approached me. Any tips for talking to strangers?

Don't worry if no one approached you right away. It could be that people were just busy or not in a talkative mood. As for talking to strangers, it's important to be approachable and friendly. Smile, make eye contact, and have a positive attitude. You can also start by complimenting something about the person or making a casual observation about your surroundings.

3. I have no trouble picking up the phone, but face to face with people I don't know is hard. Any suggestions?

It's completely normal to feel nervous or uncomfortable talking to strangers face to face. One tip is to practice in low-pressure situations, like striking up a conversation with a barista or cashier. Another suggestion is to have a few conversation starters in mind, such as asking about a current event or commenting on the weather. Remember to relax and be yourself!

4. How can I make the most out of the "Join the Logo Wear Challenge"?

The key to making the most out of this challenge is to be proactive and take advantage of every opportunity to talk to strangers. Wear your logo and bag whenever you are out and about, whether it's running errands, attending events, or even just taking a walk in your neighborhood. You never know who you might meet and what connections you could make!

5. Is there any follow-up I should do after talking to strangers about Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! It's important to follow up with anyone you've had a conversation with about Pampered Chef. This can be as simple as giving them your business card or asking for their contact information. You can also invite them to a Pampered Chef party or offer to send them more information about the company. Remember to always be genuine and respectful in your follow-up actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • cla519
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools
  • babywings76