• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I've Got a Burning Question...about Candles!

In summary, the person's candle melted crooked and they suggest putting it in a warm oven to melt it across the top.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I know that you are supposed to burn a candle until it completely melts across the top. I bought some wonderfully smelling jar candles at WalMart (Warm Apple Pie). I had one that I lit the other day and we had to leave the house before it had fully melted. Now when I burn it, no matter how long it burns, it will only melt in the middle and not the entire thing. (Is this making sense?)

It's a brand new candle and I'm afraid it's ruined and will never burn fully.

Any suggestions? Any "candle freaks" that have any tips or ideas?

I'm not a "candle freak" but I have 6 friends/family that sell Partylite! It truly could be just a bad candle. Not all are made to melt all the way across. That being said, it could be that your wick is too short now and doesn't get warm enough to melt it all the way across.

It may be a bad (cheap) candle. Wicks have different sizes (thicknesses) for use on how wide the container is. They may have used the wrong size wick for the jar. So it wont burn far enough out for the wax.

Several of my friends used to make candles. I made soap. And alot of our supplies came from the same source. So I picked up a little info on it. :)

This is not really the answer to why it happens; but possibly just a way to save the candle... I had a candle that got stored on its side and melted crooked, i put it on a candle warming plate (I think they are about 4 dollars at AC Moore). It will melt down and if you re-adjust the wick before you shut it off it should harden and be usable with flame again.

Scentsy is the way to go now! It's a relatively new DS candle company. I love them!

I think you have a tunnel in your candle. That's what its called.

Like you didnt burn it long enough to go towards the outer rim of the glass?

Yup, thats a tunnel. Happens to me frequently...when I burn a new candle I try to let it burn for hours, but then I have to go to the store and blow it out.

Sometimes it will burn the entire thing, if you let it burn long enough.

HTH.

vwpamperedchef said:
I think you have a tunnel in your candle. That's what its called.

Like you didnt burn it long enough to go towards the outer rim of the glass?

Yup, thats a tunnel. Happens to me frequently...when I burn a new candle I try to let it burn for hours, but then I have to go to the store and blow it out.

Sometimes it will burn the entire thing, if you let it burn long enough.

HTH.

Yup, it's a tunnel :) I knew what it was doing, just didn't have a name for it! I've been burning it for about two hours so far and it hasn't gone past a 1 1/2 inch circle in the center! (the inside diameter of the jar is 4 inches).

Someone suggested a candle warmer....I bought one at Michael's for $3 and used it a few times, thought it was a waste and threw it away :rolleyes: NOW I need it!!

I keep hoping someone will post that if I put it in a warm oven to soften the wax, then burn it that it will all be okay :) Of course, I could also just go to the store and buy another one for $5 and start again!! I'm too cheap :blushing: to do that.

SilverCeladon said:
Scentsy is the way to go now! It's a relatively new DS candle company. I love them!
Are their consultants Scentsytive? :confused:

Lisa...does the top of your stove put out heat when the oven is on? I can remember accidentally melting a candle that was sitting on my stove when the oven was on. Maybe you can do that to melt it accross the top of the candle? Or a low temp in the oven (I would certainly put it on a metal pan in case it breaks...) just be very careful!

dont feel bad i get tunnels in my large yankee candles. that hurts the pocket more.

but luckily i get them when they are on sale like buy two get one free. in fact the one i am burning now, WHITE CHOCOLATE MINT, I bought so long ago so it was a treat when i started burning it.

LOL I know. Pathetic. right?

SilverCeladon said:
Are their consultants Scentsytive? :confused:

KellyTheChef said:
(I would certainly put it on a metal pan in case it breaks...) just be very careful!

METAL pan???? :eek: We only have stoneware in this house!!

Okay....I actually "stole" a metal cookie sheet from church because I needed one to go under something I was baking that was "drippy".

I'm scared to try to heat it in the oven until someone else says they've tried it and it worked.

Are we ignoring you, KG?

GeorgiaPeach said:

Okay....I actually "stole" a metal cookie sheet from church because I needed one to go under something I was baking that was "drippy".

I'm scared to try to heat it in the oven until someone else says they've tried it and it worked.

Stole from church.....does that negate the times you go to church?

cmdtrgd said:
Are we ignoring you, KG?
z0tdntknw.gif
I figured you were just getting inflamed.

It takes a flame taller than a candle to burn my butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCeladon

Are their consultants Scentsytive?

I have a friend that just recently had a party with the Scentsy product. It is pretty neat and great smelling candles.
They have a website Scentsy: The Hottest New Thing in Candles

GeorgiaPeach said:

No need for anyone to do that in the future. We have wonderful new baking sheets from PC. See? We did need metal pans. :p

cmdtrgd said:
Stole from church.....does that negate the times you go to church?

Okay...let's not say stole....let's say I borrowed it :) My husband is the pastor and I'm the new secretary (No jokes about sleeping with the boss to get the job!!) Since we are both employed by the church and they have TONS of old, cheap metal cookie sheets....I know they won't mind or miss one!

Just don't trim the candle around the "tunnel" with our Quickut Paring Knife - I tried doing that with one of my 3-wick Partylite candles, and ended up with 9 stitches in my left thumb! OUCH! :(

Related to I've Got a Burning Question...about Candles!

1. What makes Pampered Chef candles different from other candles?

Pampered Chef candles are made from high-quality, food-grade paraffin wax that burns cleanly and evenly. They also contain a blend of essential oils and fragrances that are carefully chosen and tested to ensure a long-lasting and authentic scent experience. Our candles also come in unique and stylish containers that can be reused or repurposed.

2. Are Pampered Chef candles safe to burn around children and pets?

Yes, our candles are made with non-toxic ingredients and are safe to burn around children and pets. However, as with any candle, it is important to always follow proper safety precautions such as keeping lit candles out of reach of children and pets, and never leaving a burning candle unattended.

3. How long do Pampered Chef candles last?

The burn time for our candles varies depending on the size and scent, but on average, our candles can burn for up to 60 hours. To ensure the longest burn time, make sure to trim the wick to ¼ inch before each use and allow the candle to burn for at least 2 hours on the first burn to create an even wax pool.

4. Can I customize the scent and container of my Pampered Chef candle?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization for our candles at this time. However, we have a wide variety of scents and containers to choose from, so you are sure to find one that fits your preferences.

5. How should I store my Pampered Chef candles?

To maintain the quality of your candles, it is best to store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. This will prevent the wax from melting and the scent from dissipating. Always store candles upright to prevent warping or damage to the wick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies