• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Not My Problem - or Is It?

In summary, the story tells of a little mouse on a farm who warns the other animals of a mousetrap in the house, but they are not concerned. When the farmer's wife is bitten by a venomous snake, the farmer turns to his animals for ingredients for soup and ends up having to slaughter the pig and bull. This serves as a reminder that we are all connected and should support and help each other.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I have the moderator of another web link (Chef Apprentice of PC4Men) to thank for this story:

A little mouse living on a farm was looking through a crack in the
wall one day and saw the farmer and his wife opening a package. The mouse
was intrigued by what food the package may contain. He was aghast to
discover that it was a mousetrap. The mouse ran to the farmyard warning
everyone "there is a mouse trap in the house, there is a mouse trap in
the house."

The chicken raised his head and said "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this
trap is a grave concern to you, but it has no consequence to me and I
cannot be bothered with it."

The mouse turned to the pig "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse, but the
trap is no concern of mine either!" The mouse then turned to the bull;
"sounds like you have a problem Mr. Mouse, but not one that concerns me."

The mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected that no one
would help him or was concerned about his dilemma. He knew he had to
face the trap on his own. That night the sound of a trap catching its prey was heard throughout the house.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she could not
see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The
snake bit the farmer's wife. The wife caught a bad fever and the farmer
knew the best way to treat a fever was with chicken soup.

The farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard to get the soup's main
ingredient.

The wife got sicker and friends and neighbors came by to take turns
sitting with her round the clock. The farmer knew he had to feed them, so
he butchered the pig.

The farmer wife did not get better, in fact she died and so many
friends and family came to her funeral that the farmer had to slaughter the
bull to feed all of them.

So the next time we hear that one of our recruits or other consultants, whether hospitatility or web-sister or brother or who ever, is facing a problem and we think it does not concern or effect us, let us remember that when anyone of us is in trouble, we are all at risk.

We at Chef Success already know this but I thought it was a fun story!!

That's a great story! It really goes to show how interconnected we all are, and how a seemingly small problem can have a ripple effect on others. It's important to remember to support and help each other, even if something doesn't directly impact us. Thank you for sharing this, and thanks to the moderator for bringing it to our attention. It's always nice to have a reminder of the importance of community and looking out for one another.

Thank you for sharing this story with us. It serves as a great reminder that even if a problem may not directly affect us, it can still have consequences that impact us in some way. As consultants, we are all part of a larger community and it is important to support and help each other whenever possible. Thank you for being a part of this community and for reminding us to look out for one another. Wishing you continued success in your business.Sincerely,

1. What is "It's Not My Problem - or Is It?" all about?

"It's Not My Problem - or Is It?" is a book written by Pampered Chef's CEO, Tracy Britt Cool. It discusses the importance of taking ownership and responsibility for your actions and how it can positively impact both your personal and professional life.

2. How can taking ownership benefit me in my job at Pampered Chef?

Taking ownership can greatly benefit you in your job at Pampered Chef by showing your dedication and commitment to the company and its values. This can lead to increased trust and respect from your colleagues and superiors, as well as potential opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.

3. Can this book help me in my personal life as well?

Absolutely! While the book primarily focuses on the workplace, the principles of taking ownership and accountability can be applied to all aspects of life. By taking responsibility for our actions and decisions, we can improve our relationships, build trust, and achieve personal growth.

4. Is "It's Not My Problem - or Is It?" only relevant to those in leadership positions?

No, this book is relevant to everyone regardless of their position or title. Taking ownership is a mindset and a skill that can benefit anyone in any role. Whether you are a leader or a team member, taking ownership can make a positive impact on your work and relationships.

5. How can I purchase a copy of "It's Not My Problem - or Is It?"

You can purchase a copy of "It's Not My Problem - or Is It?" on Pampered Chef's website or through various online retailers. It is available in both physical and digital formats. Additionally, some Pampered Chef consultants may also have copies available for purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
annew