• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is this a child-free show in November?

In summary, it is important to clearly communicate that the upcoming men's/women's show in November will be adults-only and young children should not be present. Suggestions for tactful and kind wording include incorporating the theme of "Adults' Night Out" or reminding guests individually that the host is unable to accommodate children. It is ultimately the host's responsibility to manage children, but a direct and clear reminder can help avoid any misunderstandings.
freddydress
Gold Member
I have a host who will be having a men's/women's show in November and would prefer not to have young children present. I will be providing info labels for her invites and was wondering if there is tactful and kind wording to include that would get the point across that this will be an adults-only show. Any ideas?

I'm not sure. Would it be better perhaps for her to address that individually when she makes her calls?

If I have a "ladies' night out" type of show, I always put just that. I would think just a statement of "Come join us for our 'Adults' Night Out'....blah, blah, yadda, yadda" that everyone should get the hint.

HTH...SIID!

That is what I would do, incorporate that point in the theme. Like Monday- soccer, tuesday- violin lesson, wednesday-swimming lesson, Thursday-Mom and Dad "Pampered" at Theresa's house.

That's a tough one because even if you request "no children", there are people who don't think it applies to them. My cousin is one of them!

I'd suggest that the host make her reminder calls and say something along the lines of, "I'm so happy you're going to make it to my show! Were you able to find a babysitter for the night? Because I won't be able to accomodate any children that night so I just want to be sure you were able to make oher arrangements."

Hope that helps... and really, this is the host's responsibility, not ours. We sell cookware... not manage children. Well, at least other people's children! :)

Last edited:
I agree with Colleen.

I agree, if you do it, it will come back to bite you as the cons. who doesn't like or want kids around. they won't "think" it came from their friend

Thanks so much for the suggestions, and I agree that it can be a sticky situation. I have had a few "Kids and Pets Gone Wild" shows which would have been so much better had the kids and critters not been present, but you work through it and learn from it. Thanks again.

Be bluntI think with some people you just have to be blunt and forward with about things like this.

Please join us for Suzy's Pampered Chef Show on XXXX. We are going to have a great time sampling pampered chef recipes and playing some fun games. Remember this party is for adults only so make arrangements for child care so you and your husband can enjoy the evening together! Hope to see you there. Please RSVP to XXX-XXXX by XX/XX/XX!!

Debbie :D

I like Debbie's "right to the point" wording. It has to be stated so there is no question about it.

Adults only showLabels, then you need something short. How about:
  • Adults only please (straight to the point baby!)
  • Children over the age of 30 welcome! (a little more humorous)
or some sort of cute rhyme:
  • Call now for a sitter so your kids won't be lonely
    This special show will be for Adults only
  • A babysitter you will want to consult
    This exciting night is just for adults
I'm clearly not a poet, but somebody can take the idea and run with it I'm sure!
Happy Selling,
Rita

Rita I think that they are great.

OO I like thoseWell said without being rude at all. At least I don't think so. I am jotting these down as I have a lady who wants that point made for her party in October. In that case I think I may put in something like "Suzy just would like to remind you that it is an adults only party". This way I would still be putting on the host. Who by the way, really does HATE kids!

1. Can I bring my children to the Pampered Chef show?

No, we kindly ask that you do not bring children to the show. Our events are designed for adults and can be disruptive for young children.

2. Why are children not allowed at the show?

Our shows are interactive and involve the use of sharp tools and hot appliances. For safety reasons, we want to ensure a child-free environment.

3. Are infants allowed at the show?

While we understand the challenges of finding childcare, we still ask that no children under the age of 12 attend the show. This includes infants.

4. Can I make an exception for my well-behaved child?

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in keeping all children out of the show. This rule applies to all attendees, regardless of behavior.

5. What if I can't find a babysitter for the show?

If you are unable to find a babysitter, we suggest asking a friend or family member to watch your child while you attend the show. Alternatively, we also offer online shows that you can watch from the comfort of your own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yvonne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AnnieBee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jewel
  • EmmaLeeM