• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is Puerto Rico Known for Its Warm Hospitality?

In summary, the traditional cuisine of Puerto Rico is a blend of Spanish, African, and indigenous Taíno influences. Some popular dishes include arroz con gandules, mofongo, and lechón. Popular drinks in Puerto Rico include piña coladas, coquito, and Medalla, with rum being a staple in the culture. Tipping is customary, with a 15-20% tip expected at restaurants and other services. It is polite to greet with a handshake and use formal titles, and it is common to arrive late to social events. Popular souvenirs include handcrafted items, coffee, rum, spices, and traditional music.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Anyone in San Juan, Puerto Rico? J/k! I don't think there is anyone here that lives in Puerto Rico but I thought I'd ask!:D

don't live there. But I'd be willing to travel there to train!:D;):D

Right! me too! He seems like such a nice guy too!:D

We have a Hispanic Market Director that is there. Her name is Matilde Monserrat. I have her e-mail information if you still need it.

Addie4TLC said:
We have a Hispanic Market Director that is there. Her name is Matilde Monserrat. I have her e-mail information if you still need it.

Yes please! Does she live in San Juan?

I hope they're all doing okay as Tropical Storm Fay just went over them over the weekend.

Kristi, where are you finding these people all over the place?? Good for you!

This was the guy who found me on Cs!

I PM'ed you her e-mail address. :)

Addie4TLC said:
I PM'ed you her e-mail address. :)

THANK YOU!! I appreciate it! :D

Related to Is Puerto Rico Known for Its Warm Hospitality?

1. What is the traditional cuisine of Puerto Rico?

The traditional cuisine of Puerto Rico is a blend of Spanish, African, and indigenous Taíno influences. Some popular dishes include arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas), mofongo (mashed plantains), and lechón (roasted pork).

2. What are some popular drinks in Puerto Rico?

Some popular drinks in Puerto Rico include piña coladas, coquito (a coconut-based alcoholic drink), and Medalla (a local beer). Rum is also a staple in Puerto Rican culture, with Bacardí and Don Q being the most well-known brands.

3. Is tipping customary in Puerto Rico?

Yes, tipping is customary in Puerto Rico. It is common to leave a 15-20% tip at restaurants, bars, and for other services such as taxi rides and hotel staff. Some places may include a service charge in the bill, so be sure to check before leaving an additional tip.

4. Are there any cultural customs to be aware of when visiting Puerto Rico?

Yes, there are a few cultural customs to be aware of when visiting Puerto Rico. It is considered polite to greet people with a handshake and to use formal titles such as señor/señora when addressing someone. It is also common to arrive 15-30 minutes late to social events and gatherings.

5. What are some popular souvenirs to bring back from Puerto Rico?

Some popular souvenirs to bring back from Puerto Rico include handcrafted items such as ceramics, wood carvings, and traditional masks. Coffee and rum are also popular items to bring back, as well as local spices and hot sauces. Don't forget to also pick up some traditional Puerto Rican music such as salsa or reggaeton to remember your trip by.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613