• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Running Shoe Normal to Chip & Turn Blackish?

, in summary, it's normal for your ice cream dipper to chip and turn blackish in color after using it, but you can try the barkeeper's friend to clean it up.
ChefBurke
Silver Member
Ok I HAVE NOT put mine in the dishwasher because I know it can mess up the gel inside & have only rinsed it off immediately after use.But mine is like chipping & turning a blackish color,is this normal????

We use our dipper all the time and this has never happened!?
Becky

try using "bar keepers friend" on it...find in the cleaning supplies section of grocers or walmart...like comet
If it's just surface it should clean right up....sometime your water will do this..if you have hard water!!!

I do not have hard water, we have a water purification system on our whole house... And both of my ice cream dippers have done this. I threw the first one away and reordered it thinking that it was damaged. But, now it's happening to the second one as well..... Thanks for asking an excellent question...

So has anyone tried the Barkeeper's Friend on it? I suggested it to someone today (whose dipper did go through the dishwasher), but that was a hunch and I told her I wasn't sure if it would help. I'm sure it doesn't restore the shiny finish, but does it at least clean up the tarnish enough that it won't turn the ice cream black?

My DH put our Ice Cream Dipper through the dishwasher. Thank goodness nothing happened to it. I told him not to do it again. I haven't had any problems with mine. My whole family sure does love it and I have sold quite a few of them.

Mine gets like that when I leave it in the water. I don't put mine through the dishwasher but sometimes DH leaves it in a bowl of water to "help" and it gets gross. I just wash it normally and eventually it wears off... maybe I should try the bar keeper's friend!

I just threw one of mine away because I accidentally left it in the sink. It got water collected in the scoop part, and looked all black and gross. I tried to scrub it off, but no go. Maybe I should go dig it out of the trash if it's salvageable...

Mine is turning a little blackish in color also on the back side of it. I wash it by hand right away after using it and have never put it in the dishwasher. Thanks for the tip on the barkeepers friend. I'll pick some up and try it.

Sandy

Related to Is My Running Shoe Normal to Chip & Turn Blackish?

1. Why do my running shoes chip and turn blackish?

This can happen due to normal wear and tear on your shoes. As you run, the friction and impact from the ground can cause the outer sole of your shoes to chip and wear down. The blackish color can also be a result of the rubber material breaking down.

2. Is this a sign that my running shoes are low quality?

No, this is a normal occurrence for most running shoes. Even high-quality shoes will experience wear and tear over time. However, if you notice excessive chipping and discoloration in a short period of time, it may be a sign of poor quality materials.

3. Can I prevent my running shoes from chipping and turning blackish?

While it's not possible to completely prevent wear and tear on your shoes, you can prolong their lifespan by rotating between multiple pairs of shoes and avoiding excessive exposure to extreme weather conditions. You can also choose shoes with more durable materials, such as carbon rubber, for the outer sole.

4. Should I continue using my running shoes if they are chipping and turning blackish?

If your shoes are still comfortable and providing adequate support, there is no need to immediately replace them. However, it's important to regularly check the condition of your shoes and replace them when necessary to avoid potential injuries.

5. How often should I replace my running shoes?

It's recommended to replace your running shoes every 300-500 miles or every 6-12 months, depending on your level of activity. However, if you start to notice significant wear and tear, it may be time to replace them sooner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbritt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • Jennie50