• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Ditch This Town for Shows?

less driving), and I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out. I'm considering branching out more, but it's not easy when you're not sure if it's worth the drive.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a show last night about an hour away from home. I've had several bookings in this town, most of them on the week nights. I am personally getting sick of doing shows there. Is that bad?

My show last night went so fast, I was done talking about the products in less than 40 minutes. The crowd was less than attentive or interative with me. The kitchen had about 10 people in it but order taking time only took 20 minutes. I was out of the house before 9 p.m. and at home before 10 p.m. The show was only $266 with 0 bookings. I'm apparently happy with that! I get so tired of driving home that late at night from that far away. I have one more show scheduled in this town. Hopefully it will be better but I really want to get away from driving so far. How do you handle this kind of situation?

Just wanted to add that this all could do with the fact that this was the 8th show this month! I have two more this weekend. I have never done this many shows and now I know why. I'm a little burnt! I'm still booking December but will be completely happy with the three shows I have booked if that is all I get.

YEP! I've been there. I have a group of women who are about a 50 minute drive away - they all book off from each other, and very rarely do they invite or bring other guests.
I've tried to recruit one of them, so I don't have to keep making the drive for a $300 show that I know is not going to bring me any new business, but they are totally happy just having me come do the shows.
My hope is that they will get on a Spa Party or Jewelry Party kick, and forget about PC for a while.:rolleyes:

Isn't that sad?:eek:

wadesgirl said:
Just wanted to add that this all could do with the fact that this was the 8th show this month! I have two more this weekend. I have never done this many shows and now I know why. I'm a little burnt! I'm still booking December but will be completely happy with the three shows I have booked if that is all I get.

November is like that. I'm always happy when December comes and I can get a bit of a break. Just don't let it carry into January too!

I know what you mean. I actually drive about 40 minutes to work everyday and on Saturday's to take my DD to dance class. When I have shows in town (where I work), I sometimes stay at my in-laws for the night, which helps.

I have started doing some shows about 40 minutes away, in the other direction, from my house, which I may find tiring, but we'll see. I'm just happy for all the business right now! :)

But, I guess my little story doesn't help!! LOL I think maybe you need to get yourself a recruit in that town to do all those shows!

ChefBeckyD said:
YEP! I've been there. I have a group of women who are about a 50 minute drive away - they all book off from each other, and very rarely do they invite or bring other guests.
I've tried to recruit one of them, so I don't have to keep making the drive for a $300 show that I know is not going to bring me any new business, but they are totally happy just having me come do the shows.
My hope is that they will get on a Spa Party or Jewelry Party kick, and forget about PC for a while.:rolleyes:

Isn't that sad?:eek:

LOL! No, not sad, just realistic!! :)

I'm out in the country, so to get to the city, I have to drive a half hour. I'm sure it will get tiring, but then again, maybe I won't. I have to drive halfway there for work, so maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds.

I too have had multiple shows in the same area about 35-40 minutes away, but for different groups of people. It started by having a booth at a street event in that town. I have since had events in other towns, and have ventured to other parts of my surrounding area, so it is a nice break.

I hear you because I've gotten into the same rut. I've had a slew of shows at least an hour from me in this particular area (more than an hour with traffic-that's why I try to stick to just weekends with these shows). Yes, it seems that Wonder Lake, IL LOVES me. :confused: And it ALL started with just one show with a woman I met at a booth over the summer. She hosted again in October and I gave her an extra special gift because she generated tons of business for me. But it's hard to turn down when I've had multiple $1000 shows- MAN they like to shop. I've tried like crazy to recruit someone up there, but every one loves to host or go to shows, just not be the one running the show.

As I tell people who can't believe how far away I live, I love doing Cooking Shows and I'll pretty much go anywhere for them. And it gives me quiet time in the car with no kids yelling AND I am in total control of the radio/CD player and don't have to take requests and feel like a DJ for the little people in the back seat.:):)

Becky, I feel for you- When I lived in Lombard, it did not really matter how far- mile wise the show was, you had to take into consideration what day and time the show was, and allow for traffic. I would always leave 2 hours before the show on a Friday night, and then have dinner somewhere near my show, just to make sure I allowed for traffic jams, etc. It is really strange here in NW Indiana, that mostly I travel country roads now, and if I schedule a show in the urban area or far away, I do it on a Saturday afternoon. I love country roads!!!!!! Last time I drove back to Lombard, I was a nervous wreck!!!! It had been several months since I drove on 294- and it amazed me how quick I lost the comfort of driving oin the expressways.

Seems like there's lots of $$ in Illinois....Becky I have been doing about 1 show every other month in your neck of the woods, which was a relief after the Downers Grove/Woodridge schlepping.

This proves that there's room at the table for everyone and I will share this example with recruits who worry about running out of hosts.

Susan, I agree- I am so thankful that I am not experiencing the low bookings/sales from shows. My show average has really increased the last couple months, as well as my booking numbers. I know that this is not the case for some areas, but it is where I am.

This is exactly why I tell people that even in Chicagoland, the market is NOT saturated! ONe of my strongest consultants (HI GINA!) lives about 2 minutes from me and has a very solid show schedule and we never seem to step on each others toes with bookings, contacts, etc.

Sue, I know what you mean about country roads. I've had quite a few shows lately in the Lee/Dekalb area and it's kind of nice just driving on long stretches of road where you're pretty much the ONLY car! It won't be so fun when the snow starts coming and drifting though!:eek:

Yep, no saturation in Chicagoland. I'm keeping plenty busy as well.

pamperedbecky said:
I hear you because I've gotten into the same rut. I've had a slew of shows at least an hour from me in this particular area (more than an hour with traffic-that's why I try to stick to just weekends with these shows). Yes, it seems that Wonder Lake, IL LOVES me. :confused: And it ALL started with just one show with a woman I met at a booth over the summer. She hosted again in October and I gave her an extra special gift because she generated tons of business for me. But it's hard to turn down when I've had multiple $1000 shows- MAN they like to shop. I've tried like crazy to recruit someone up there, but every one loves to host or go to shows, just not be the one running the show.

As I tell people who can't believe how far away I live, I love doing Cooking Shows and I'll pretty much go anywhere for them. And it gives me quiet time in the car with no kids yelling AND I am in total control of the radio/CD player and don't have to take requests and feel like a DJ for the little people in the back seat.:):)

My biggest problem is no matter what I do with these hosts, they all have pretty much had crappy shows. I had one that failed to even qualify, one just at $150 and this last one at $266. It's not even becoming worth it to drive to this town. It's an hour one way with mostly highway/interstate travel. I do work closer to the town than I live so DH and I don't drive together on days I have shows there. One positive is that my grandpa lives in this town so I do have dinner with him when I can. He's always asking when my next show is there!

I'm hoping my next show does better. It's for a past consultant, she invited almost 60 people and asked for about 15 invites to hand out. We'll see what happens.

I know of some people who POLITELY ask/tell the Host to have 5-6 people confirmed at a Cooking Show - otherwise, it is just easier to turn it into a Catalogue Show. They stress that it will be less work for the Hostess.

I have never tried/said that myself, though. Thought about it after my last Show that was a distance away. :( - $118 in Sales --- WTH?

1. What is "Happy About a Crappy Show?!"

"Happy About a Crappy Show?!" is a cooking demonstration and recipe sharing show that aims to make cooking fun and enjoyable, even when things don't go perfectly according to plan.

2. Who hosts "Happy About a Crappy Show?!"

The show is hosted by various Pampered Chef consultants who are passionate about cooking and sharing their love for food with others.

3. How can I watch "Happy About a Crappy Show?!"

The show is streamed live on Pampered Chef's Facebook and YouTube channels, and is also available for playback on these platforms.

4. Do I need any special equipment or ingredients to follow along with the show?

No, the show is designed to be accessible for everyone. The hosts will provide a list of ingredients and cooking tools beforehand so you can gather what you need, but substitutions and adjustments can always be made.

5. Can I ask questions or share my own experiences during the show?

Absolutely! The hosts encourage viewer participation and love hearing from the audience. You can comment on the live stream or join the conversation on social media using the show's hashtag #HappyAboutACrappyShow.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies