• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time for 'the talk' and graduation already?

No wonder you're confused, I just had that talk with my son last night and it was so hard to get him to understand. He still believes, but he knows it's not real and that there's no such thing as a fairy who comes and takes away baby teeth. The talk we had was about not believing in the tooth fairy anymore, since he is going to Middle School and he is 11 years old. We knew he didn't believe anymore, but he finally came out and said it...I think he thought he might get in trouble since he has a little sister. I just asked him to keep wuiet for her sake....it won't be long before it all clicks that if there is no TF, then
pamela
let me preface this with MY LIFE IS GREAT!

however, in the last 3 weeks, I have had "the talk" with my 11 y.o. DS, he graduates from 5th grade tomorrow and last night he told me he no longer believes in the Tooth Fairy:cry::cry::cry:

I knew these times were coming, I just didn't think I would be so young!!!;)

Oh Meg! {{{{HUGS}}}}} Be thankful he's 11. Around here, it's like 7 or 8. Dylan is 7 and told us that he knows there's no such thing. :cry:

My niece is 8 and she onto Santa, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny. They make them smarter these days.... :)

I thought you meant a different kind of "the talk"

cmdtrgd said:
I thought you meant a different kind of "the talk"
That is EXACTLY the talk we had! And then he is heading to Middle school and he finally fessed up about the Tooth Fairy! We knew he didn't believe anymore, but he finally came out and said it...I think he thought he might get in trouble since he has a little sister. I just asked him to keep wuiet for her sake....it won't be long before it all clicks that if there is no TF, then Santa and the EB must not be real either!

:cry:(((((((((((((((((Meg))))))))))))))):cry:

Ok, what the heck does "OT" mean? I am so old and confused!

By the way, at 11 years old, he is about a year away from the dreaded "hormone crying" episodes. Geez, my boys were worse than my daughter during that time...say one thing the wrong way and they would burst into tears.

Yet, it's pretty funny now that I think about it...:D

Janice~we have started to see the hormonal crying jags already! That was why we decided I needed to have "the talk" with him! If I had waited for DH to do it, DS would be in college! The boy seems better now that he knows he isn't losing his mind!

OT means "off topic"

Oh the things we go through for our kids. I just had to explain to my almost 5 year old that not all babies have to drink formula. He hasn't ever really noticed women nursing before, so he had no idea, and I plan on nursing the new baby just like I did him. I'm not sure he actually believed me.

Ahhh...I thought you meant you talked to him about the tooth fairy!

Related to Is it time for 'the talk' and graduation already?

1. What products do you recommend for a quick and easy meal during a busy week?

For a quick and easy meal, we recommend our Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker accessories. With the Quick Cooker, you can make meals in a fraction of the time it would normally take. Our quick cooker accessories, such as the Quick Cooker Steamer Set and Quick Cooker Multi-Cooker Set, make it even easier to prepare a variety of meals.

2. How can I make meal prep less stressful during a busy week?

We suggest using our Meal Prep Set, which includes a variety of containers and tools to help you plan and prep your meals in advance. Our Meal Prep Set is designed to save you time and make meal prep more organized and efficient.

3. What are some tips for cooking healthy meals during a busy week?

Our Healthy Eating Set is perfect for cooking healthy meals during a busy week. It includes tools such as our Garlic Press and Veggie Spiralizer, which make it easy to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your meals. Additionally, our Flexible Cutting Mats and Nonstick Cookware make it easier to cook with less oil and butter.

4. How can I save time on clean up after cooking during a busy week?

We recommend using our Mix 'N Scraper and Cleaning Brush to make clean up a breeze. These tools are designed to help you quickly and easily clean your cookware and other kitchen tools. Our Nonstick Cookware and Stoneware are also easy to clean, making your post-cooking clean up even faster.

5. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during a busy week?

Yes, absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party during a busy week can actually save you time and stress. Our consultants will bring all the products and ingredients needed for a delicious and interactive cooking demonstration, making it a fun and convenient way to shop for kitchen tools and cookware. Plus, you can earn free and discounted products by hosting a party!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef