• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Safe to Advertise Without My Knowledge?

In summary, Lori's information was added to a neighborhood website without her knowledge and she received a violation warning from HO.
She has pulled the auction.

This situation is a reminder to us all that a lot of brand new consultants have no clue of things like the policies and such. They are excited to start selling products, become qualified, earn commission and PC bucks. Reading boring things like policies is often not a priority...and, a lot of recruiters are not reminding them of the need to be aware of these rules. And if a new consultant becomes a seasoned consultant without ever really reading or paying attention to these policies, then you compound the problem. Yes the policies are posted but that doesn't make people read and understand them.

Look at how often this site sees posts of questions that are easily answered if the person goes to consultant corner and finds the info themselves.

I always appreciate replies that direct the questioning consultant back to the resources PC provides. This sounds cryptic sometimes but ultimately it is the right thing to do and will help consultants build their businesses properly.

bethsbiz said:
This situation is a reminder to us all that a lot of brand new consultants have no clue of things like the policies and such. They are excited to start selling products, become qualified, earn commission and PC bucks. Reading boring things like policies is often not a priority...and, a lot of recruiters are not reminding them of the need to be aware of these rules. And if a new consultant becomes a seasoned consultant without ever really reading or paying attention to these policies, then you compound the problem. Yes the policies are posted but that doesn't make people read and understand them.

Look at how often this site sees posts of questions that are easily answered if the person goes to consultant corner and finds the info themselves.

I always appreciate replies that direct the questioning consultant back to the resources PC provides. This sounds cryptic sometimes but ultimately it is the right thing to do and will help consultants build their businesses properly.
I agree. So often people post ways to get around things or say "I do this..." and then newbies think it's okay to bend the rules. Pampered Chef is SO generous to us and we need to follow their guidelines so that it stays that way!

EVERYONE of us should read the information in our business guide and on the web when we have a question. This site and your director are great for a quick answer or clarification but it is NOT gospel!

Go to the source for the final word and if you contact PC for clarification do it by email - then your answer is in writing and more accurate. Often the operators are giving their best guess. They are human too and just want to help but don't always interpret things accurately either (just like we don't always). If they write it down there is a paper trail so they will more likely check deeper into it. Also remember that the answers depend on how our questions are stated. If we are not totally clear they won't know the full question.

bethsbiz said:

good points! I think actually sending a copy of the policy & procedures with the kit would help too!

guess im one of the not normal type :p i read the policies and procedures front to back twice and now keep a copy of it in my business folder :p i really do need a life LOL

PCwithStay-C said:
guess im one of the not normal type :p i read the policies and procedures front to back twice and now keep a copy of it in my business folder :p i really do need a life LOL

I read everything too Stacy - I think I had the policies and procedures memorized before I ever did my first show!

I think it is the wise (and right) thing to do to refer people back to the manual - whenever I answer a policy question - I always try to provide a link to the answer in the handbook. When confronted with a policy issue, it isn't a very good excuse to say "Well, another consultant told me I could....." It is our responsibility to KNOW what the policy says.

ChefBeckyD said:
I read everything too Stacy - I think I had the policies and procedures memorized before I ever did my first show!

I think it is the wise (and right) thing to do to refer people back to the manual - whenever I answer a policy question - I always try to provide a link to the answer in the handbook. When confronted with a policy issue, it isn't a very good excuse to say "Well, another consultant told me I could....." It is our responsibility to KNOW what the policy says.

Yeah I wouldnt even attempt to answer a questoin on policies, just in case something said is taken the wrong way. its just easier to refer to the manual

PCwithStay-C said:

I read it a couple times myself. I read it all the 1st time before I signed and then again when my kit came. I now do most of my research of questions on CC rather than keeping the book by my chair.

JaimeQ said:
I didn't even think of that. I hope she heeds the warning and removes it before she gets in to some serious trouble.

Listing ended by the seller so she heeded someone's warnings...

<h2>1. How did this situation happen?</h2><p>This situation likely occurred because the neighborhood newsletter was trying to help you promote your business and thought adding your information to their website would be beneficial. However, they may not have known that this is a violation of Pampered Chef's rules.</p><h2>2. What can I do if my information has been added to a website without my knowledge?</h2><p>If your information has been added to a website without your knowledge, the first step is to contact the website owner and ask them to remove your information. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's Home Office for assistance in resolving the issue.</p><h2>3. Is it safe to advertise without my knowledge?</h2><p>No, it is not safe to advertise without your knowledge. This can lead to violations of Pampered Chef's rules and can potentially harm your business. It is important to always be aware of where your information is being advertised and to make sure it follows Pampered Chef's guidelines.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I receive a violation warning from HO?</h2><p>If you receive a violation warning from HO, the best course of action is to reach out to them and explain the situation. They may be able to provide further guidance on how to resolve the issue and avoid any further violations.</p><h2>5. What can I learn from this experience?</h2><p>This experience serves as a reminder to always be vigilant and aware of where your information is being advertised. Make sure to clearly communicate with anyone who is helping you promote your business and ensure they understand Pampered Chef's rules and guidelines.</p>

1. How did this situation happen?

This situation likely occurred because the neighborhood newsletter was trying to help you promote your business and thought adding your information to their website would be beneficial. However, they may not have known that this is a violation of Pampered Chef's rules.

2. What can I do if my information has been added to a website without my knowledge?

If your information has been added to a website without your knowledge, the first step is to contact the website owner and ask them to remove your information. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's Home Office for assistance in resolving the issue.

3. Is it safe to advertise without my knowledge?

No, it is not safe to advertise without your knowledge. This can lead to violations of Pampered Chef's rules and can potentially harm your business. It is important to always be aware of where your information is being advertised and to make sure it follows Pampered Chef's guidelines.

4. What should I do if I receive a violation warning from HO?

If you receive a violation warning from HO, the best course of action is to reach out to them and explain the situation. They may be able to provide further guidance on how to resolve the issue and avoid any further violations.

5. What can I learn from this experience?

This experience serves as a reminder to always be vigilant and aware of where your information is being advertised. Make sure to clearly communicate with anyone who is helping you promote your business and ensure they understand Pampered Chef's rules and guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
hmolah
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • pamperedpnina