• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising Rules on Craigslist: When Mistakes Happen

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of advertising on Craigslist and the policies and procedures set by the company. The participants share their opinions and experiences, with some suggesting to report any violations to HO and others advising against directly confronting the consultant. It is emphasized that all consultants should be aware of the advertising guidelines and follow them to maintain a fair playing field.
pamperedpnina
I didnt know where to put this but wanted some input, I'd advertised on Craigslist a few times and the last time I put my link for my website and did nto realize what I'd done for a couple hours, I removed it but left the rest of the add up... got yelled at by HO. NBD it was a mistake and I explained that. They also told me we are not aloud to advertise at all online (even without web details)

Anyway the reason I'm looking for advice is that there is a consultant in my area who is constantly posting her info (including website) all over the local craigslist and that just seems unfair I dont want to be a tattle tale but it is irritating me, maybe I'm just looking for a sympathetic ear here :)

Re: CraigslistYou should report here. It is not "being a tattletale" but HO appreciates us doing that. Who's to say that she wasn't the one to report you feeling that you were competition? There is people who sell on eBay, etc. and are not allowed to as well!!

Re: Craigslist
pcchefjane said:
You should report here. It is not "being a tattletale" but HO appreciates us doing that.

And so do the rest of us!

Re: CraigslistIt just helps keep a fair playing field.. we are all in this together. Why should she get to do these things..... I would report if I saw it.

Re: CraigslistIsn't that what we're doing with our newsletters....advertising via e-mail- online? (Sorry, I'm a little unclear, and I just signed up for a great newsletter myself....is it wrong?)

Re: CraigslistThe Policies and Procedures are very clear on the advertising guidelines. All consultants should read them.If there is a consultant advertising online, you can report them via email to [email protected]You don't need to explain anything, just copy and paste the url of the Craigslist ad.

cookin to the top said:
Isn't that what we're doing with our newsletters....advertising via e-mail- online? (Sorry, I'm a little unclear, and I just signed up for a great newsletter myself....is it wrong?)

We can advertise via email to our customers.

We can't post anything on the web about being Pampered Chef consultants, or provide any links to our websites.

Re: CraigslistI think it would be considerate to contact her and let her know from one consultant to another that it goes against policy and see if she removes it first before being a tattle tale. She might not know like you didn't know.

Debbie :chef:

Re: CraigslistWell-meaning consultants have gotten involved in name-calling and other unsavory situations by notifying others themselves. Many of us would have posted such information by accident, but there are consultants who know what they're doing is wrong. And they can get abusive when it's pointed out to them. Let HO deal with it.

chefann said:
Well-meaning consultants have gotten involved in name-calling and other unsavory situations by notifying others themselves. Many of us would have posted such information by accident, but there are consultants who know what they're doing is wrong. And they can get abusive when it's pointed out to them. Let HO deal with it.

I agree. Also, if you said something directlly and she didn't do anything about it, your next step would be to then notify HO, and she would almost know for sure that it was you who notified them, making it an even more uncomfortable situation.

chefann said:
Well-meaning consultants have gotten involved in name-calling and other unsavory situations by notifying others themselves. Many of us would have posted such information by accident, but there are consultants who know what they're doing is wrong. And they can get abusive when it's pointed out to them. Let HO deal with it.

Ann said it perfectly! Do not confront anyone yourself. Just copy the link and send it on to HO.

1. What are the consequences of violating Craigslist's advertising rules?

Violating Craigslist's advertising rules can result in your post being removed, your account being flagged, and potentially being banned from using the platform. It can also damage your reputation and credibility as a seller.

2. Can I include links in my Craigslist ads?

Yes, you can include links in your Craigslist ads as long as they are relevant to the product or service you are advertising. However, you should avoid spamming or including misleading links.

3. Are there any restrictions on the use of images in my Craigslist ads?

Yes, there are restrictions on the use of images in Craigslist ads. Images should accurately represent the product or service being advertised and should not include any offensive or inappropriate content.

4. How can I avoid making mistakes in my Craigslist ads?

To avoid making mistakes in your Craigslist ads, make sure to thoroughly read and understand the platform's terms of use and advertising rules. It is also helpful to double-check your ad before posting and to avoid using any language or images that may violate the rules.

5. What should I do if I accidentally violate Craigslist's advertising rules?

If you accidentally violate Craigslist's advertising rules, you should immediately remove the offending post and make any necessary corrections. It is also recommended to reach out to Craigslist's customer support to explain the mistake and request for your ad to be reinstated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcnm2010
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • Loriann
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies