• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it possible to succeed in my business with unsupportive friends?

everyone has an excuse and they are not interested in starting a business.I agree with your sentiments. It is hard to get people to participate in our business when we have close friends and family who are not supportive. You are right, though, that once we break out of that circle, we will be much more successful.
melaniepc
with some of my "close friends" I had one friend promise she would do a book show for me. she keeps making excuses and now that its finally time for me to get her packet to her she just emailed me and said " I asked everyone that I know and NONE of them are interested in PC" I just find that hard to believe. Then she said nobody has money for things like that right now with gas prices and such. I know that can be true but I think sometimes people just say that to say it kwim?? My other friend said she would do a party in june, now she is saying august. I bet she wont end up doing one either. If I cant get people I know to have these parties how on earth am I going to get this business going? I do have two cooking shows this month but one is my sister and she already said she will be surprised if three people show up ( one will be my mom) and the other party is my sons teacher, she might do well with it but I dont know. I just feel a bit down about it. I really wanted to make a go of it

Hi Melanie!

Have your friends attended a Pampered Chef party yet? If not, put on your own show and invite all of them. Make it a Mystery Host party so some of them get free and discounted products. If they have not attended one, they might be more willing to host if they see how much fun it is!

I tried that, only four people showed up out of the 35 invites I sent out. I didnt even make any money off of that party . I had about $175.00 in sales so it did count as my first show but I gave a few prizes away ... right now I dont even care about making money off the parties, I just want bookings so I know that I can go on with this. Iam trying to offer my hostess a nice prize if she can get two bookings from her show. I just dont know how to get people to do shows if I cant even get my really good friends to

Friends and family can be our worst customers! :rolleyes: One of my SIL's (the best one! ;)), DH's sister, was my first show and she's been awesome support for me. The other SIL, DH's brother's wife, keeps telling me she'll have a show too, but hasn't yet. Although she had an Alouette party once, that I went to to support her. She told me her friend from work (who's the consultant) kept buggin' her to have one! :rolleyes: ....yeah, whatever!

Get your name out there....flyers, wear PC clothing/purse. It took me a while and I still struggle at times. Don't give up though. It will take off for you!!! You're lucky you found CS at the beginning of your business. Keep posting and reading and things will happen for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :D

Good luck! :)

I agree with Marie...friends and family are usually NOT the ones that are very helpful to our business! Actually...once you break out of that family and friends circle, you WILL do much better!

Ask EVERYONE you come in contact with! Grocery store clerks and cashiers, bank tellers, fast food workers, etc. Let them know that you are excited about your new business and ask them if they would like to have a fun night catching up with their family and friends...as well as getting FREE and discounted PC products!

I have found that close friends and family are the WORST people for hosting a show. I think their thought is "She will understand" but really they have been the shows I have worked the most for, and sold the least.

Once you branch out into new territory----you'll see your success take off.

Good luck!

thanks ladies. I really do want to do well. I just have to start spreading the word. hopefully I can get a booking or two from my next two parties and go from there

melaniepc said:
thanks ladies. I really do want to do well. I just have to start spreading the word. hopefully I can get a booking or two from my next two parties and go from there

Definitly get out there, I'm offering catelogs to my daughters friend's moms, giving them to my boyfriend to take to work, and plan on pampering a business next week, either my bank or my hair stylist. Either way I don't have much family so my goal is to make it in this business one way or another. Anyone I've talked to about PC has only given me a positive reaction. I'm working on getting qualified I have until the 7th I'm almost there but just not yet. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

I guess I am lucky, in that, my family and close friends have supported me by hosting shows and helping to get qualified.

melaniepc said:
with some of my "close friends" I had one friend promise she would do a book show for me. she keeps making excuses and now that its finally time for me to get her packet to her she just emailed me and said " I asked everyone that I know and NONE of them are interested in PC" I just find that hard to believe. Then she said nobody has money for things like that right now with gas prices and such. I know that can be true but I think sometimes people just say that to say it kwim?? My other friend said she would do a party in june, now she is saying august. I bet she wont end up doing one either. If I cant get people I know to have these parties how on earth am I going to get this business going? I do have two cooking shows this month but one is my sister and she already said she will be surprised if three people show up ( one will be my mom) and the other party is my sons teacher, she might do well with it but I dont know. I just feel a bit down about it. I really wanted to make a go of it

Melanie....

When I read this...I had to do a double take, cuz I thought I had written it myself! When one of my friends found out I was doing PC, She said " I want to do one of your first parties!" Well when I called her to get her to set a date, it was like pulling teeth. She finally set a date and canceled on me 2 times. She said only a couple people were coming because no one had any money. The problem is the way she asked them....Hey I am having a PC party for a friend. I know you don't have any $, but can you come anyways." I told her if she got excited about the party, others would too, but she is very negative. Well it turned out better than I thought. There were 2 couples there and sold $125 of product. I ended up combining 2 parties, but everyone was happy. I agree....close friends and family are the hardest to deal with! Although when I started my Mom told me she would not have a party. She has had 2 and I started at the end of Feb 08! SHe also has started cooking again. My Dad is happy :love:

Humble Beginnings said:
I'm offering catelogs to my daughters friend's moms, giving them to my boyfriend to take to work, and plan on pampering a business next week, either my bank or my hair stylist.

ooooooh Pampering a business.... That sounds very interesting...

Would you be willing to explain this idea and share your plans and strategies for this?

My wheels are turning over here.

CyndiWilliams said:
ooooooh Pampering a business.... That sounds very interesting...

Would you be willing to explain this idea and share your plans and strategies for this?

My wheels are turning over here.

It's an idea I saw here at the site. My understanding is that you visit your local bank or any business with a dessert or other simple PC recipe. Bring along catelogs & OFF's and ask if you can leave them here for people to look at. Then you let them know that you will be back either that same day or in a few days to pick up orders. I think some ask the business prior to coming if it is ok and others show up. If you do a search I know there were a ton of threads started on this. I'm still a newbie:)

I know from experience! Stay away from the family. They won't support you and will dodge you any way they can. I have a neice who had a show for me and that's it! My sister keeps saying she's having one but so far she hasn't and it's been over a year. My other neice sold alot of her PC at a yard sale so I won't even bother to ask her. Other than that.........no other family has supported me on this. I'm sorta in a slump right now myself. I do have a show this Sat that and hope to get at least two bookings from it but we'll see how it goes. All the people I met at booths who were "soooo" interested in booking a show either won't answer the phone, won't respond to emails or have decided it's "not a good time". OK, so when IS a good time.
I think people make a bigger deal out of PC shows than they need to. It's about 2 hours out of their life and they act like they have to do so much to get ready for it. I make out the invites AND mail them out myself.........all they do is buy the ingredients. When I use this at my shows and explain how it's not something they have to put their life on hold for and prepare for weeks for, sometimes it works. And the benefits to the host are great so I don't know why they're complaining anyway!
Oh well, good luck with your bookings. It'll get better but you'll always have slow times. This is one of mine for some reason.

Melanie-

I know how you felt about getting people to do shows for you... I don't have a large family but my mother has been a great supporter and her neighbors but one of my best supporters is one of my best friends and she sells home and garden and then another friend of mine does stampin up just this last week my stampin up friend did a show for me friday night sitting over 700 and i did a stampin up one for her on saturday and we closed it right around 700 it is amazing how good of customers they are but i find i love working with them cause they own their business like me and they are super with all the important things like hostess coach and invites i don't have to hardly remind them.

On the other note I noticed some of the ladies came back saying to wear logo wear and such it works even if you have just the breast cancer whisk I have alot of people stop me in the store and what to know what that pin is from it is so cute and how can have one well I got extras so i tell them you book a show and i will give you one for free and i always give a hostess something else too but they are really pampered chef does breast cancer awarness too and it opens a whole new conversation on how pampered chef helps other organizations. So definitally go with the logo wear.

I also seen in another thread about the "mystery hostess" that might be a great idea for you if you know any of the ladies at your bank or places in town really well drop the flyer off to them and follow up with them in a couple of days and see if that is something they are interested in doing. Also just take catalogs to business in towns i do have everytime a new catalog comes out and then some of time they call me and say we are out of catalogs could you bring some more in. I do get orders mostly some bookings but the way I look at it is outside orders are just important cause what if you get an order and you go and deliver it and someone is there that hasn't seen us in a while and they see the new items the lady got it will peak their interest on booking their own show and that is usually how i get my bookings out of business. Go put business cards anywhere you go if they will let you. My insurance lady lets me she is pretty good about giving orders as well and referring people too. Banks are wonderful as well to pamper like the one lady said up above. I hope this helps you and all the other great info the others have given you !!!!

Keep your chin up I know once you see the light at the end of the this short tunnel you will do just fine !!!!!

When I first started I asked family and friends. I was about 5 or 6 mths in when I had my highest show $500 at the time, I was so excited, then about 2 mths later I was out of the family and friends network and doing so much better. It took me a long time to get going w/ my business. But like everyone said, get outside the family and friends. Get your name out there. Hang up flyers at the post office, grocery store, etc. Get names into your book by setting up at a fair. Leave books at doctors and dentist's offices. pamper a business, talk about it everywhere. Once you get it going, it is a breeze, just don't let the momentum stop!! B/c then you start over again!!
My sister and my mom have hosted shows for me, my mom does it b/c she felt like she has to, she hasn't hosted in over 2 1/2 years, but my sister, she doesn't host all of the time, but when she does, she hosts the show, she wants the products and wants them free!! Which reminds me...i should see if she wants to do another catty party this month for the extra free products!! LOL.
Best of luck and keep your chin up. Take some pre-recorded tele classes on getting bookings, and stay optomistic!!

At the last show I had I gave the host the small quick stir pitcher. I told everyone that it was MY gift to the host for inviting me to her home and because she already had $300 in catalog orders. Told them I would give any of them the same deal. They weren't too excited about that, but when I started making the "spa" water in it they were sold. I got three bookings. :)

Addie4TLC said:
At the last show I had I gave the host the small quick stir pitcher. I told everyone that it was MY gift to the host for inviting me to her home and because she already had $300 in catalog orders. Told them I would give any of them the same deal. They weren't too excited about that, but when I started making the "spa" water in it they were sold. I got three bookings. :)

What is this????? Spa water???

I should add at the show I sold $500, plus the $300! They were thrilled to find out how much in free products and 1/2 priced items she was going to get.

The trick is to reward what you want more of and make a big deal out of it. You may have to invest a little more but in the grand scheme of things you come out on top.

Flamingo said:
What is this????? Spa water???

You take 1/2 a cucumber and two small lemons and slice them in the Mandoline. The host had chilled water ready so you just put them in the pitcher and plunge away! No sugar. It's very refreshing! If the water is not chilled you put it in the fridge while you make the recipe.

It does sound good.... I think I might make it tomorrow....Thanks

It also looks pretty. :)

MMM!! That spa water sounds great!! I love plain old lemon water, never thought about adding cucumbers!!!

A friend went a step forward and acutally makes cucumber water with sugar. It's surprisingly good. This one I learned at a training though, it's supposed to be great for diabetics because it has no sugar so you can share that little tip. Sadly everyone knows someone with diabetes and may think of getting this as a gift.

melaniepc said:

As you have probably seen alot of us are right there in the same boat with you. Everyone was supportive until it was time for them to have there show. Tell them if they say they don't know anyone or don't have enough people that FRANK is invited to every party. F(Friends) R(relatives) A(Aquantainces) N (Neighbors) K (kids friends parents/activities). I got that from my director and thought it was funny, it does get a laugh when people claim they know no one. :) Just stay positive, you'll do great!!!!

What is "aLittle Frustrated"?

"aLittle Frustrated" is a tool designed to help you easily dice, chop, and slice fruits and vegetables without the hassle and frustration of traditional methods.

How do I use "aLittle Frustrated"?

To use "aLittle Frustrated", simply place your desired fruit or vegetable on the cutting board and press down on the tool. The sharp blades will quickly and easily cut through the food, giving you perfectly diced or sliced pieces every time.

Is "aLittle Frustrated" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "aLittle Frustrated" is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher for best results.

What types of foods can "aLittle Frustrated" be used on?

"aLittle Frustrated" is designed to be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables. It works well with softer foods like tomatoes and avocados, as well as harder foods like carrots and potatoes.

Can "aLittle Frustrated" be used by left-handed individuals?

Yes, "aLittle Frustrated" can be used by both right-handed and left-handed individuals. The tool is designed to be comfortable and easy to use for people of all hand dominances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • babywings76