• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it fair for people who already get free Leadership to win it again?

In summary, many people are unhappy with the Leadership program because they think that spots that could have gone to people who needed it the most went to people who recruited instead.
shelliebeard
Am I the only one just a little disappointed by this? Why are they giving free Leadership to people who already pay nothing for Leadership?? Those are spots that could have been filled by people who really needed it. I wish I knew the right people to contact. I would like to at least vent my frustration a little. They should redraw for those names. UGH. :mad:

She did recruit, so why should she be punished for her rank? Maybe she can give it to one of her downline?!? Maybe she can offer to have her name redrawn?

Sorry if that sounded snobby - I just reread it and I have a hard time typing what I mean...ugh.

As soon as I promoted to Director, my Director stopped any recognition when it came to me. Even though I had high sales and was her top achiever each month, she passed me over to focus on the rest of her "team" (which ironically now is gone...) Anyway, it was crappy. Just because I was a director, I didn't get the recognition?

I agree with Kate... Stacy recruited and she had the opportunity to be in the drawing.

One of the things I LOVE about PC is that we all have the same opportunities to earn things... incentives, trips, sell-a-thon, etc. Why should she not be included because of her title. (Yes, I know that she does automatically get free conference registration as a NED) and that's not the point. The point is that she recruited and got the recognition.

I agree with points made by all of you but I feel that NED's have a ton of perks (less trip points, more money, extra money for those suites they use at the conferences, etc., etc) -WHICH THEY VERY MUCH DESERVE! One of those perks is free registration to conferences. It doesn't make sense to me that they would also earn registration free. I am pretty sure that these things are not transferrable so they can't give it away to a downline consultant.

If I was a NED I would not want my name in the draw even if I qualified. I would want others to get the opportunity to get it. NED's get TONS of recognition from HO (they deserve it). I don't think they're lacking in that at all.

I get very little recognition from my upline either and I know exactly how you feel about that Colleen and I agree totally but I don't think this is the same thing when we're talking about the NED.

Maybe there are other Consultants with the same names. My Director is pretty sure there is another Susan Kaufmann. I really think there is just a glitch and some NED's won, but I am just giving another possibility.

Lisa

That's funny! I only saw Stacy Pressman's name... I totally missed Susan's! :)

With that, it was probably done electronically from all of the recruiters names and picked at random....

I emailed Pampered Chef about it. I also noticed Chris Manion won the first week. I will let you know what I learn.

Lisa

Please note that this is a total devil's advocate post:devil:
My ED just earned free registration too. I could not help but think of the threads on CS that complained about the Director perks when I was reading this thread. Are we doing the same thing?

There are times when I want AD and other times when I realize, that with that there will be more work, more pressure to develop a director in case one falls off the radar screen, etc.

I didn't really think about the extra work that came with Directorship and I am not a good director at times because of time crunches. It must be more with upper level positions too.

Just a thought...I want free everything myself too!!:money:

Don't worry about being devil's advocate. I kind of hit on it, too. I just feel bad that the prize could have gone to someone who doesn't get free registration already. Maybe they can trade it for a free night or something? I dunno. We'll hear something soon!

I truly don't mind and really love to see my NED getting recogntion and even winning things! I just think it's ridiculous for them to win something free that they already get free. They should have gotten the free hotel night or something, just not free registration. It's a waste of a win, IMHO.

Beth said exactly what I meant. And I completely understand saying things and having them look different in print than how it sounds in your head. I feel that if we were all sitting around a room discussing this it would be a much more mellow discussion than how it sounds here.

I think everyone understands that it is like telling someone they won free air! Why get excited about getting something for free if it's something you don't regularly pay for it? :rolleyes:

HA! Free Air!!! :D

PamperedPosey said:
I truly don't mind and really love to see my NED getting recogntion and even winning things! I just think it's ridiculous for them to win something free that they already get free. They should have gotten the free hotel night or something, just not free registration. It's a waste of a win, IMHO.

Beth said exactly what I meant. And I completely understand saying things and having them look different in print than how it sounds in your head. I feel that if we were all sitting around a room discussing this it would be a much more mellow discussion than how it sounds here.

I think everyone understands that it is like telling someone they won free air! Why get excited about getting something for free if it's something you don't regularly pay for it? :rolleyes:

I forgot to tell you all, *I* won free leadership this time! I was shocked! lol. Ironically I still couldn't afford air & hotel, not to mention the surgery on my ankle made those shuttles seem too complicated. :( I was hoping they's let me transfer that win to national, but no such luck.

I agree if they get it for free already, they shouldn't have the chance to win it away from someone that doesn't.

What is "Ned Wins Free Leadership"?

"Ned Wins Free Leadership" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on developing leadership skills in our consultants. It is designed to help consultants reach their full potential and become successful leaders within the company.

Who can participate in "Ned Wins Free Leadership"?

Any active Pampered Chef consultant is eligible to participate in "Ned Wins Free Leadership". This includes both new and current consultants who are looking to strengthen their leadership skills.

How do I enroll in "Ned Wins Free Leadership"?

Enrolling in "Ned Wins Free Leadership" is simple. Just log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Ned Wins Free Leadership" tab. From there, you can access all the information and resources for the program and enroll in the next available session.

What can I expect to learn from "Ned Wins Free Leadership"?

The program covers a variety of topics related to leadership, including effective communication, team building, goal setting, and time management. You will also have the opportunity to learn from experienced leaders within Pampered Chef and receive personalized coaching and support.

Is there a cost for "Ned Wins Free Leadership"?

No, there is no cost for consultants to participate in "Ned Wins Free Leadership". This program is offered as a free resource to help our consultants grow and succeed in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• icerneaccorie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Koolotus