• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Bribing Toddlers with Treats Effective for Show Preparation?

In summary, the conversation is about a father trying to get his son to help him with office work, and his son not being able to do it yet. The father suggests bribery with ice cream as a way to motivate the son, and the son eventually succeeds in doing the task.
DebbieJ
I told him that if he stayed out of my office for the next hour and watched his Veggie Tales video, we'd go get ice cream!

I have a show tonight and I NEED to get prepared!!!

And I like ice cream. :)

Hmmm, I wouldn't call that a bribe, I'd call that smart negotiating!:p

I have a "yes bucket". When the kids ask me for things that I want to say yes to, but just don't have time right then (can we go swing, go to Chuck E Cheese, play with play doh, etc) we write it on a paper and put it in the yes bucket. Then, when I have time to do something fun, we choose an activity from the bucket. For some reason, just writing it down seems to satisfy them.

That is such a good idea Paige. I will have to remember that in about 10 years when I have kids :p

Which Veggie Tale - we have them all! (Almost)

Lord of the Beans--I think it's hilarious!

We got it for $5 at Family Chr Store a few weeks ago.

when my kids where a bit younger they put the lables on my catalogs ,or put the outside order form in the folders. somthing small but they felt like they had a job helping me . I had to give very very good instuctons and check on them but they really loved it

Now you have to pay them ,( but it's an expence haha ) I think ice cream will do just fine

DebbieJ said:
Lord of the Beans--I think it's hilarious!

We got it for $5 at Family Chr Store a few weeks ago.

I was a FCS manager for 8 yrs!!! (just had to throw that in when I saw the reference to them!)

I see nothing wrong with that...my poor son goes through the same thing, he is 3 also, and loves to "help" me in my office...I can't wait til he can actually put stickers where they are supposed to go and stamp things for real! Right now I give him my stamp and he stamps a piece of paper for about 15 minutes. It does the trick, it lets me get done what I need to.....I keep telling him and my DH it will all pay off when we are on the cruise!! :)

My dh and I have been bribing our 2 1/2 year old all week to get ice cream, if she would only go poopy in the potty. No go yet, but she get excited when we mention ice cream and ask if we are getting it. AUGH!! So frustrating!

Don't worry. Very few 20-year-olds have trouble going poopy in the potty. It will happen.

My 3 year old puts my labels on his talking BBQ, so if it ever got lost they know who to call.

Related to Is Bribing Toddlers with Treats Effective for Show Preparation?

1. What is the best way to keep my 3 year old entertained during a Pampered Chef show?

The best way to keep your 3 year old entertained during a Pampered Chef show is to provide them with a quiet activity such as coloring or playing with toys. You can also try bribing them with their favorite TV show or a special treat like ice cream.

2. How can I involve my 3 year old in the Pampered Chef show?

You can involve your 3 year old in the Pampered Chef show by giving them small tasks to help with, such as stirring ingredients or placing items on a platter. You can also encourage them to ask questions and participate in the demonstrations.

3. What are some kid-friendly recipes that I can prepare during a Pampered Chef show?

Some kid-friendly recipes that you can prepare during a Pampered Chef show include fruit kabobs, mini pizzas, and homemade granola bars. These recipes are easy for kids to help with and are also enjoyable for them to eat.

4. How can I make sure my 3 year old doesn't make a mess during the Pampered Chef show?

To prevent your 3 year old from making a mess during the Pampered Chef show, make sure to set clear boundaries and rules before the show starts. You can also have them help clean up any spills or messes that may occur.

5. Can my 3 year old help with the sales portion of the Pampered Chef show?

While it may be cute to have your 3 year old help with the sales portion of the Pampered Chef show, it is not recommended. It is important to maintain a professional atmosphere during the show, and having a young child trying to sell products may not be appropriate. However, they can still participate by helping with demonstrations and taste-testing the food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies