• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Shared Show Worth the Risk?

In summary, Schel thinks that doing a show is a good idea, and that getting recipes to show would be a good idea.
schel
To start a long story and make it short, I was out and about and being my usual outgoing self and noticed a gal with a "Cookie Lee" purse. So I open my big mouth and say "how would you like to trade shows?" She says yeah!
So...
I call her last night to see if she was still interested kinda hoping she wasn't, but she was and she wants to do this "Open House" thing at her home with "Cookie Lee" jewelry, "Pampered Chef" and "Beauty by Nature." thing is I am not sure about it. I am thinking that what if everyone wants to only order towards the other 2 and I get stuck doing this thing with no orders.
What do you all think?
I appreciate all input.
Thanks
Schel

Just my opinion, but I would personally be drawn to something I'd actually use everyday, like Pampered Chef! If you have time to do it, then I say go for it.....Even if you don't get many sales, you could get leads,shows,recruits...you never know....I would much rather do an open house deal than to actually do a show for someone, then I have that responsiblity of trying to do a good show for them and they for me...at least this way you don't have that. You'll have to tell what you decide and what happens!!:)

I would do it. I just did a Puerto Rican Fest this weekend (shared booth with my friend who sells Beauticontrol), not one order, BUT 7 booking leads and 2 recruit leads. One is signing next week! I'll take those odds everyday!!!

Good luck, if nothing else you'll get your name out to her friends and you never know when they'll pass it on to someone else! I had that happen from a show I did in March-the Mary kay lady passed my name on to her neighbor who ordered from me. I still have no idea who this mary kay lady is--but I love her now!! Ya just never know!

What if everyone wants PC and not the others? Why wouldn't you do this? Worst case scenario is that you have to have a Cookie Lee party and get nothing in return. That is better than having nothing in the works IMO!

Thanks for the insite!!!
I am definately going to do it.
I'll let everyone know how it goes. It's not until September so we'll let you know.
Thanks.
Schel

What do you have to lose?I did something similar with a host who had two other friends who sold different products. We decided to do a revolving demo worshop which included chips, dip & wine. My host invited over 50 couples to "come by the house" (39 people did!!) We did this on a Thursday evening....Mostly couples came. I set up - the other two set up - people arrived and started playing with my product (I had cutting boards set up with cucumbers, garlic & Limes)...

GUESS WHO GOT $450.00 in SALES, 4 BOOKINGS and 1 RECRUIT LEAD!!!

AND I had fun in the process. I felt sorry for the other two - the men really didn't want to try any of the lotions or lipsticks and they certainly didn't want a facial :eek: !! The wives were happy because their hubby's were telling the WHAT TO GET!!!

THEY did however enjoy using the Garlic Press, Citrus Press, the Knives and the BBQ tools....

SO - in my opinion - you should go for it!! I plan on doing something similar to the above next year on a larger scale.

Go into it expecting nothing and you might suprise yourself. I have never had much luck with open houses with other companies as well as fairs and such but some people do. I just go expecting nothing and get really excited when I get leads and bookings. Remember...have fun!

I had a neighbor who hosted a Pampered Chef party with Gold Canyon Candles. NOT with me...that's a story for another time about how steamed I am...and was concentrating on the candles, just wanted $300 for PC to get the cookware half off, she had a $1700 SHOW!! Even MORE steamed now!! But it could obviously be VERY successful for you!

speedychef said:
I had a neighbor who hosted a Pampered Chef party with Gold Canyon Candles. NOT with me...that's a story for another time about how steamed I am...and was concentrating on the candles, just wanted $300 for PC to get the cookware half off, she had a $1700 SHOW!! Even MORE steamed now!! But it could obviously be VERY successful for you!

I gotta say I am more and more excited every day about this!
Thanks for the positive feedback!!!!!
Schel

What recipe'sOk so now I am totally stoked for this show. What suggestions do you have for recipe's.

I ordered the Sample package A and should have it by then. this is all I can sorta afford. Probably shouldn't have ordered that much, but I did and am hoping for a large show in September to pay for it.

I don't want anything that is real hard, or like if it is hot, whip cream that turns into mush.

Thanks for all your continued help.

Schel

I did a shared show for a friend's work retreat (Arbonne/ creative memories too). It was a lot of fun, and worth doing.

BUT...

Don't plan on any schedule, plan to stay longer than you think-- everyone runs behind.

I would do something really quick and easy, so people see a few products and catalogs, but don't get tired from the long night of people selling stuff. Let our products sell themselves- I know I got way more orders than the "competitor" consultants for other customers.

Maybe make some homemade salsa for chips and one of the micro-cakes? Something easy for you.

Don't forget the drawing slips for getting contact info- I always tell folks I'll email recipes, and give out a few inexpensive drawing prizes.

Related to Is a Shared Show Worth the Risk?

1. How do I schedule a future show with Pampered Chef?

To schedule a future show with Pampered Chef, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website and fill out a form to request a show. Your consultant will then work with you to find a date and time that works for you and your guests!

2. Can I earn rewards or discounts for hosting a future show?

Yes, absolutely! As a host of a Pampered Chef show, you can earn free products, discounts, and exclusive host specials based on the sales and bookings at your show. Your consultant will go over all the details with you and help you maximize your rewards.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a future show with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is not only a fun and social event, but it also comes with great benefits. As a host, you can earn free products, discounts, and exclusive host specials. You also get the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, while enjoying time with your friends and family.

4. Can I host a virtual future show?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to host a virtual show. Your consultant will provide you with a personalized link to share with your guests, and you can host the show from the comfort of your own home. Virtual shows are a great way to stay connected with friends and family, especially during these times.

5. How can I invite guests to my future show?

You can invite guests to your future show by personally reaching out to them, sharing your personalized show link, or creating a Facebook event. Your consultant can also provide you with invitations to send out. It's always a good idea to follow up with your guests to confirm their attendance and remind them of the date and time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
punkie1019
  • nancycookspc