• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Newsletter Worth It for a New Business? Tips and Insights

In summary, a newsletter can be helpful for keeping in touch with your customers and building relationships. It can also be a way to promote your business.
princessmeshelle
i'm still in my first 90, and i want to do a newsletter, but i'm wondering if they are worth it at this point? should i wait until i have a bigger client base to send to or just get it going now? and i guess the other thing is how much does it help business? :confused:

sorry if it has already been discussed, i didn't find anything in my search that looked like it applied...

I would say that it can't "hurt" you! This way, you are keeping in contact with your customer base from the get-go! You never know who the person is that's gonna contact you from a newsletter.

It is always a good thing to keep YOUR name in front of people...so when they DO need a consultant, they think of you and contact YOU!!

I agree, I'm within my first 90 and signed up so I do keep my name in front of them. Want to make customers for life, not just the show.

I agree - and make sure you add something to the effect "please forward this to YOUR contact list of friends and family - Let them be Pampered too" or Referrals build my business, please forward this to your email contacts, if they contact me for a show or place an order, please ask them to let me know you referred them.... I will reward you with a $10.00 gift certificate redemable through me towards a future purchase.

Or something along that line - You know what I mean>

PamperedDor said:
I agree - and make sure you add something to the effect "please forward this to YOUR contact list of friends and family - Let them be Pampered too" or Referrals build my business, please forward this to your email contacts, if they contact me for a show or place an order, please ask them to let me know you referred them.... I will reward you with a $10.00 gift certificate redemable through me towards a future purchase.

Or something along that line - You know what I mean>

LOVE IT!! This place is great, another great idea to add, my contact list is small too so this is such a great idea!

I just finished my 90 days and have just started sending out newsletters. I wish I would have started from day 1! That way my contacts would be upto date on the new specials.I've just signed up for tastytidbits.net and LOVE IT! It is so worth the $2 a month! Joy does a FABULOUS JOB!!!If you end up joining, let them know I sent you! [email protected] TIA

Another vote for Tasty Tidbits!! I just signed up last month after my subscription to a different service ran out and I love it!!
She just added an outlet alert to monthly service too!

Hey-I see you are in Eagle River-I'm in Anchorage!

thanks everyone! i am lazy enough i don't even want to try to put my own together and 2$ a month doesn't feel like it would kill me. i was just wondering if the were any cons to doing it. i'm thinking when pay doy comes around i'll get a subscription to one.i have done some reseach on them and notice most everyone likes tasty tidbits. are there any downsides doing a newsletter? i use hotmail right now but was thinking about settign up a new email just for PC. any sugestions before i commit to anything?

I am just past my 90 day mark and I started using a newsletter service last month. I LOVE it. I use myemaildesigns!!!!! :love:

My customers love getting the monthly newsletter. I subscribe to Tasty Tidbits and they LOVE the format and the information they get each month. So worth every penny.

princessmeshelle said:
thanks everyone! i am lazy enough i don't even want to try to put my own together and 2$ a month doesn't feel like it would kill me. i was just wondering if the were any cons to doing it. i'm thinking when pay doy comes around i'll get a subscription to one.i have done some reseach on them and notice most everyone likes tasty tidbits. are there any downsides doing a newsletter? i use hotmail right now but was thinking about settign up a new email just for PC. any sugestions before i commit to anything?

I don't see any cons to using a newsletter. I feel like it is set up well enough that customers are not bombarded with information.

I would for sure set up your own PC email address. That way you can make sure that you get all of your emails from customers and they don't go into your junk pile.

I have a gmail (also free) email account and have no problems sending out my newsletters from there....also, it doesn't matter WHO my internet provider is, my email address won't have to change. (This is important as you move forward in your business...you don't want people to have the wrong email for you, and you don't want to have to "reprint" business cards, stampers, etc. by changing emails.)

Make sure you don't use The Pampered Chef or other registered parts of our taglines in your email name, that's a no-no.

i waited over a year and I kicking myself. Within 2 days of my first newsletter being sent I had an online order and booked 2 cooking shows!! get it and move forward!!

I saw go for it! It's gotten me a handful of Outlet sales that I never would have had before!

ETA: I "say", not I "saw"....

KellyTheChef said:
I have a gmail (also free) email account and have no problems sending out my newsletters from there....also, it doesn't matter WHO my internet provider is, my email address won't have to change. (This is important as you move forward in your business...you don't want people to have the wrong email for you, and you don't want to have to "reprint" business cards, stampers, etc. by changing emails.)

Make sure you don't use The Pampered Chef or other registered parts of our taglines in your email name, that's a no-no.

I agree with getting a free email account. I also use gmail and love it! I have 3 gmail accounts as a matter of fact: a PC one, a personal one and one I use when I sign up for junk stuff or don't want people/companies knowing my name.

The most important thing is that it keeps you in front of the customer!

I went a couple years sending out a monthly newsletter, and wondering if it was worth it - but out of seemingly no where, I would get emails and phone calls with requests for shows, and orders....even though you think you aren't getting any response, people are reading it, and it makes them feel connected to you. You are communicating with them, so when they do need something, it's you they will remember...and they'll have your contact info!

I needed extra sales in May - so I sent out an email about the outlet to my newsletter list - and received $700 in orders!:thumbup:

I now get online and outlet orders every month because of my newsletter.

Related to Is a Newsletter Worth It for a New Business? Tips and Insights

What are the benefits of having a newsletter for a new business?

A newsletter can be a valuable tool for a new business because it allows you to stay in touch with your customers and build a loyal following. It also provides a platform to showcase your products or services, share updates and promotions, and establish your brand's credibility.

How often should a new business send out a newsletter?

The frequency of your newsletter will depend on your business and your audience. Generally, sending a newsletter once a month is a good starting point. However, if you have a lot of updates or promotions to share, you may want to send it more frequently. Just be sure not to overwhelm your subscribers with too many emails.

What content should be included in a newsletter for a new business?

A newsletter should include a mix of informative and promotional content. This can include updates on new products or services, industry news and tips, customer testimonials, and special offers or discounts. It's also important to make the content visually appealing and easy to read.

How can a new business grow its newsletter subscriber list?

There are several ways to grow your newsletter subscriber list for a new business. You can include a sign-up form on your website, offer a freebie or special promotion for signing up, promote your newsletter on social media, and ask current subscribers to share it with their network. You can also partner with other businesses or influencers to reach a wider audience.

What are some best practices for creating a successful newsletter for a new business?

Some best practices for creating a successful newsletter for a new business include keeping your content relevant and engaging, using eye-catching visuals, utilizing a clear and concise subject line, personalizing the content for your audience, and including a call to action to encourage subscribers to take action. It's also important to track your newsletter's performance and make adjustments as needed to improve its effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefMoore
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • nikked