• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is 60% of our catalog $20 and under?

In summary, this host's customer base was very expensive and she found that it was not paying off in terms of commissions. She also had a negative experience with the company.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
That over 60% of our catalog is $20 and under?

I have someone I am talking to about a catalog show, who was extremely excited about it at first.... and she is now hem hawing about having it. She just emailed me saying she would ask her friends if they have any interest in the the product, she knows they are cool (products) but her friends are poor. !!!

This is a girl who just had a Pure Romance party and probably had about 20-25 people there. Not to mention that Pure Romance is VERY expensive! I kinda went to the party because she was interested in doing a show for me. I got two products for $37... and it was a body spray and lip balm. Not exactly something I will get a lot of use out of, or something that has guarantees etc.

Anyhow, I know I am preaching to the choir! :) But I want to make sure the above figure is accurate before I "remind" her of this info?

Should I also mention how expensive PR stuff is?? I wouldn't do it in a mean way. But come on!:eek:

I wouldn't bad mouth another company to a customer or host. But, yes... most of our catalog is $20 or less. There's a file in the files called Products.zip that contains an Excel file with everything in the current catalog (and a lot of retired items). The 2nd page of it is statistics about price category.

Wasn't it actually 66% or has that changed with this new catty?

PCMelissa said:
This is a girl who just had a Pure Romance party and probably had about 20-25 people there. Not to mention that Pure Romance is VERY expensive! I kinda went to the party because she was interested in doing a show for me. I got two products for $37... and it was a body spray and lip balm. Not exactly something I will get a lot of use out of, or something that has guarantees etc.

I've had these PR kind a parties before and each time I have over a $800 show but when I do PC with the same group of friends they have show in avg or $350. I guess they want to cook some where other then the kitchen:yuck:

kisrae said:
I've had these PR kind a parties before and each time I have over a $800 show but when I do PC with the same group of friends they have show in avg or $350. I guess they want to cook some where other then the kitchen:yuck:

LOL! I WAS thinking that...her show was $800 too! Funny. SHould I switch companies???

Kidding. Mini hijack, the rep was an hour and a half late to this party, and came in all frazzled, being kinda rude, and didn't even say an apology about being late. I was so amazed! However, once the party started going people had fun and obviously since it was a decent show!

oooh, don't switch companies. I have a friend that is quitting PR because well, it just didn't work out for her. It's crazy, they don't get commission checks. The sell the stuff for the retail price and then just keep whatever is left when they turn around and buy it from the company with their 40% discount. And the only type of bonus they get is $25 worth of products (at retail price) for every $1000 they sell of product. And they have to pay extra shipping.... it's just not PC. I'm in love with this company. Not to say PR is terrible. The party's are fun and some of the products are cool, but to be a consultant for that company just doesn't seem to pay off.

pampermejolene said:
oooh, don't switch companies. I have a friend that is quitting PR because well, it just didn't work out for her. It's crazy, they don't get commission checks. The sell the stuff for the retail price and then just keep whatever is left when they turn around and buy it from the company with their 40% discount. And the only type of bonus they get is $25 worth of products (at retail price) for every $1000 they sell of product. And they have to pay extra shipping.... it's just not PC. I'm in love with this company. Not to say PR is terrible. The party's are fun and some of the products are cool, but to be a consultant for that company just doesn't seem to pay off.
I had a past host just quit the Passion Party biz. She just couldn't get the bookings to sustain it!:rolleyes: While they are fun and novel, it's only a select market that would actually host one!;) KWIM? To where everyone Cooks or knows someone who does and everyone love to eat!:love: :chef:

I was wondering....I kinda figured since the rep had the product there that it was similar to the Mary Kay deal. And I was totally teasing about switching! I LOVE PC. Also, I knew the correct answer to whether I should say something or not about PR... but I was VERY tempted, so thanks Ann for keeping me in line. haha.

If she's worried about the prices in the catalog you can remind her that she can get the same stuff at Walmart or Target but they doesn't have the quality or the guarantee that our products have. Or the great return policy and the personal service that we offer. How many $2 scrapers at Walmart do you purchase that just get thrown away when they turn colors, the head falls off or they start to peel or bend?

heat123 said:
Wasn't it actually 66% or has that changed with this new catty?
It's currently 63% that's under $20.

Awwhh, thanks Ann for my weekly tidbit of facts! :)

Also (and this is from a post on here, so don't hold me accountable if I'm wrong!) there are 96 products that are under $10, 227 products that are under $20. Although the % given on that list said 68% under $20, so maybe it's not 100% accurate... It also says 81% under $30.

HTH...

1. Is this statement about a product's features true?

Our statements about product features are based on accurate information provided by our suppliers and manufacturers. We stand by the accuracy of our statements and are confident in the quality of our products.

2. How can I verify the truthfulness of a statement about a product's benefits?

We understand the importance of transparency and honesty when it comes to our products. That's why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and encourage customers to try our products for themselves.

3. Are your statements about product performance backed by scientific evidence?

We strive to provide accurate and reliable information about our products, including their performance. Our statements are based on a combination of customer reviews and feedback, as well as scientific research conducted by our team.

4. Can I trust the statements about a product's ingredients and sourcing?

We take great care in selecting and sourcing the ingredients for our products. Our statements about ingredients and sourcing are based on information from our trusted suppliers and we are committed to using high-quality, ethically sourced ingredients in our products.

5. What should I do if I have doubts about the truthfulness of a statement?

We value our customers' trust and want to ensure that all of our statements are accurate. If you have any doubts or concerns about a statement, please reach out to our customer service team for clarification and we will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • susanr613