• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Investing in a Mixer: What are the Pros and Cons?

it's a great value and I love it!I have a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer and I love it! It has a lot of different speeds and it is a good value.
I used my new mixer today! It's amazing how much better choc chip cookies taste when they are made from scratch :)

Needless to say, I baked them on the Large Bar Pan and both Metal pans - no burnt offerings!

susanr613 said:
LOL 'Hart! I fantasize about moving to a larger house so I can store all my PC stuff and have a bigger kitchen....perhaps one day I'll be like you and make enough with PC to do that.
We have a bedroom off the kitchen that I turned into my pantry after the kitchen remodel. I have shelves full of PC and I'm needing another shelf!!! Of all our projects, the pantry is my favorite! I'm lucky, my husband likes to cook too!
I used my mixer last night to make a batch of cookies for my daughter's wedding. I made 10 dozen cookies last night and none that I baked on my stone or PC metal sheet pan burned, but one of the batches I cooked on a non-PC pan did!

OK, so I've made some cookies, bread....and then failed to make merengue cookies.

I used room temp "all whites", cream of tartar, and splenda. I never got beyond very very soft peaks.

Help!

<h2>1. What are the pros and cons of investing in a mixer?</h2><p>Pros: A mixer can greatly speed up the process of mixing and kneading dough, making it easier to bake breads, pastries, and other desserts. It also allows for more precise and consistent mixing, resulting in better texture and flavor. Additionally, mixers often come with attachments that can be used for other tasks such as grinding meat or making pasta.Cons: Mixers can be quite expensive, especially if you opt for a high-quality, durable model. They also take up a significant amount of counter or storage space, and may not be used frequently enough to justify the cost for some individuals.</p><h2>2. What are the ins and outs of owning a mixer?</h2><p>On the positive side, owning a mixer can greatly enhance your baking and cooking abilities, allowing you to create a wider variety of dishes with greater ease. However, it's important to properly maintain and clean your mixer to ensure it lasts for a long time. It's also important to understand how to use the different attachments and settings to achieve the best results.</p><h2>3. What should I consider when looking at different wattages?</h2><p>The wattage of a mixer can affect its power and performance. Generally, the higher the wattage, the more powerful the mixer will be, allowing for easier mixing of heavier doughs and batters. However, if you primarily plan on using your mixer for lighter tasks, a lower wattage may suffice.</p><h2>4. Are mixers sold at Kohl's and Sam's different from other retailers?</h2><p>While the brand and model of mixers sold at different retailers may vary, they should all perform similarly. However, it's important to research and compare prices and features to ensure you are getting the best deal for your needs.</p><h2>5. How often do you use your mixer and has it been worth the investment?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I use my mixer frequently for various tasks such as mixing dough, making desserts, and even shredding chicken. For me, it has definitely been worth the investment as it has saved me time and effort in the kitchen. However, the frequency of use and value of the investment may vary depending on an individual's cooking and baking habits.</p>

1. What are the pros and cons of investing in a mixer?

Pros: A mixer can greatly speed up the process of mixing and kneading dough, making it easier to bake breads, pastries, and other desserts. It also allows for more precise and consistent mixing, resulting in better texture and flavor. Additionally, mixers often come with attachments that can be used for other tasks such as grinding meat or making pasta.Cons: Mixers can be quite expensive, especially if you opt for a high-quality, durable model. They also take up a significant amount of counter or storage space, and may not be used frequently enough to justify the cost for some individuals.

2. What are the ins and outs of owning a mixer?

On the positive side, owning a mixer can greatly enhance your baking and cooking abilities, allowing you to create a wider variety of dishes with greater ease. However, it's important to properly maintain and clean your mixer to ensure it lasts for a long time. It's also important to understand how to use the different attachments and settings to achieve the best results.

3. What should I consider when looking at different wattages?

The wattage of a mixer can affect its power and performance. Generally, the higher the wattage, the more powerful the mixer will be, allowing for easier mixing of heavier doughs and batters. However, if you primarily plan on using your mixer for lighter tasks, a lower wattage may suffice.

4. Are mixers sold at Kohl's and Sam's different from other retailers?

While the brand and model of mixers sold at different retailers may vary, they should all perform similarly. However, it's important to research and compare prices and features to ensure you are getting the best deal for your needs.

5. How often do you use your mixer and has it been worth the investment?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I use my mixer frequently for various tasks such as mixing dough, making desserts, and even shredding chicken. For me, it has definitely been worth the investment as it has saved me time and effort in the kitchen. However, the frequency of use and value of the investment may vary depending on an individual's cooking and baking habits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
iteachurkid
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies