• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inspirational Quotes to Live By

In summary, my favorite quotes are:"Be carefule whose feet you step on,They might be attached to a BUTT you have to kiss later!""Opportunities are never lost; someone else will take the ones you miss.""People may forget what you do, people may forget what you say, but they never forget how you make them feel.""Step Out of Your Comfort Zone!!""A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.""Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow; it only saps today of its strength."
"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but looking outward together in the same direction."

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Both from Antoine de Saint-Exupery, the last being from the book The Little Prince.

supergirljennie said:
"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but looking outward together in the same direction."

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Both from Antoine de Saint-Exupery, the last being from the book The Little Prince.
That last one was also in a Beatles song, too!

chefkeri said:
Love this one! My kids think it's funny:p
Also, "Bad spellers -- UNTIE" :) Sooooooooo ME!
& AJ's about 'wine/chocolate; being used up & shouting WOO HOO!" LOVE IT!!!

"accentuate the possitive; eliminate the negative; latch on to the affirmative; don't mess w/ mister in-between" ~Frank Sinatra
Actually, this is a lyric from a song written by Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen. It first appeared in the movie, Here Come the WAVES in 1944, starring Bing Crosby and Betty Hutton. It was recorded by a number of artists, including Johnny Mercer himself, long before Ol' Blue Eyes recorded it.

Sorry - I'm a writer and misappropriations are one of my pet peeves. :D That said, it is NOT meant to take away from the value of the advice at all!

(Another thing that drives me crazy are quotes attributed to movie actors. People often cite Billy Crystal for lines he recited as a movie character that were actually written by someone else. His great line from City Slickers, "Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place," was spoken by Crystal's character but the line was written by Babaloo Mandel.)

quotes...Always been a favorite:
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." ~ Helen Keller

Found this after losing 2 grandparents within months of each other last year:
"The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children's children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future." ~ Charles and Ann Morse

Just read this line in Anne Rice's book "Taltos" and it stuck a chord:
"Music like that could hurt you. It gave you back your disappointment, your emptiness. It said, Life can be this. Remember this." ~ Anne Rice "Taltos" speaking about Pachabel's "Canon in D"

And finally:
"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" ~ Switchfoot

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, this is a lyric from a song written by Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen. It first appeared in the movie, Here Come the WAVES in 1944, starring Bing Crosby and Betty Hutton. It was recorded by a number of artists, including Johnny Mercer himself, long before Ol' Blue Eyes recorded it.

Sorry - I'm a writer and misappropriations are one of my pet peeves. :D That said, it is NOT meant to take away from the value of the advice at all!

(Another thing that drives me crazy are quotes attributed to movie actors. People often cite Billy Crystal for lines he recited as a movie character that were actually written by someone else. His great line from City Slickers, "Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place," was spoken by Crystal's character but the line was written by Babaloo Mandel.)

I completely agree with you! Whenever I hear a celebrity say something I like, I google it to see who said it first. To me, celebrities are just talking heads, and not many are able to say such profound things.

OK... So I have to add this one. Its not inspirational, but funny as heck to me: "This is going to be the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny F*#$ing Kay! And when Santa squeezes his fat white a $$ down that chimney tonight...he's gonna find the golliest bunch of a $$holes this side of the nut house!!!"

QuotesI first heard this from a friend's parents when we were in high school every time before we went out with a group of friends. My parents heard it and it stuck with them and I've passed in onto my nieces and nephews. It also pertains as an adult as well as to anyone with a business....

"Remember who you are and what you represent."

(My friend's father was a school board member, so if she (we) did something to get into trouble, it would also reflect on our parents.)

We need to remember that we are business owners, consultants, professionals, and we represent a very awesome company!

'Some people's minds are like concrete
mixed-up thoroughly and completely set'

Harrle said:
'Some people's minds are like concrete; mixed-up thoroughly and completely set'
I am going to use THAT!

AJPratt said:
I am going to use THAT!

I can't take credit - I saw it on my way home from picking up some of our new products to borrow from a fellow consultant for my show last week... it was on the sign at a church near her house. I thought it was oh so true - it made me think of my Dad he is in construction (not concrete though) and is a very stubborn man!:) :)

I sent it to a coworker. That's my boss. He is a TERRIBLE judge of character and stubborn. Won't admit he made a mistake.

(Psssst! Anne...he hired YOU, didn't he?)

No, actually, he didn't. The woman that hired me was FOUR managers ago.

Harrle said:
I can't take credit - I saw it on my way home from picking up some of our new products to borrow from a fellow consultant for my show last week... it was on the sign at a church near her house. I thought it was oh so true - it made me think of my Dad he is in construction (not concrete though) and is a very stubborn man!:) :)

I Googled it (Love Google!) - apparently it is from a book...

From Losers to Winners - Page 13
by V Clayton Sherman - Business & Economics - 1987 - 188 pages
You're not going to get through to everybody. My mother used to say that "some people's minds are like concrete—all mixed up and permanently set ...

This one looked good too...
THE COMPLETE BOOK OF PRACTICAL PROVERBS AND WACKY WIT - Page 115
by Vern McLellan - Religion - 1996
Most people have minds like concrete: mixed up and permanently set. ... The only reason some people are lost in thought is that they're total strangers ...

Just said this to my 3 year old neighbor... Sometimes you're the statue and sometimes you're the pigeon.

Bumping this thread! In case anyone else has any questions about my sig, check pst #19, dated back in June of last year. I thought everyone knew I changed the quotes periodically.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

This is one of my husbands favorite. He hardly ever stresses over things. He leaves it all up to me. lol.

AJPratt said:
Bumping this thread! In case anyone else has any questions about my sig, check pst #19, dated back in June of last year. I thought everyone knew I changed the quotes periodically.

Thanks for saying you bumped it up, lately I'm wondering why all these OLD threads keep getting responded to and showing back up - LOL!

Ok, most of my quotes are nice and sweet, but I have to admit there is one that I say in my head sometimes at work that isn't so nice if you say aloud...

"You can't fix stupid"

I don't use it aloud by I sometimes use it to remind myself that in some situations, things or decisions just aren't going to change because you can educate, you can train, but.... "quote"

Ok, back to the positive - hopefully you're laughing with me...:D

here are couple of mineDon't let anybody steal your dreams Dexter Yager

Make everyday a terrific day Ed Forman

dream it, believe it, achieve it Tony Little(might not be an original but it sticks with me that he said it)

Just came across this one. Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers

"...regret over yesterday and fear of tomorrow are twin thieves that rob us of today..."

Just found this one:

"Since [Jesus is] invisible, we want to touch as many people as we can and make him visible through our bodies and through our gifts, and our gifts happen to be singing and wearing weird clothes."
-- Ernie Haase

janetupnorth said:
Ok, most of my quotes are nice and sweet, but I have to admit there is one that I say in my head sometimes at work that isn't so nice if you say aloud... "You can't fix stupid"

I don't use it aloud by I sometimes use it to remind myself that in some situations, things or decisions just aren't going to change because you can educate, you can train, but.... "quote"

OMG! I laughed out loud over that one!

"The result of the creation trying to exist without the Creator constitutes "the world"."

Brent Riggs - (1 John - Full Joy Through No Love - 6/18/2004) |
(you can read more from him at SeriousFaith.com)

My husband says this a lot: Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

Also- he says this when trying to overcome a difficult or stressful situation: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

Here are some great ones:
Showing quotations 1 to 17 of 17 total

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. Eleanor Roosevelt

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. Eleanor Roosevelt

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on. Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision. Eleanor Roosevelt

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault. Eleanor Roosevelt

It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both. Eleanor Roosevelt

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. Eleanor Roosevelt

One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else. Eleanor Roosevelt

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. Eleanor Roosevelt

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. Eleanor Roosevelt, My Day

This one is my fave, because of my day job: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

Ahh...it took me awhile to find this thread, but I found it!!!

Just got this quote, and thought it was AWESOME, so thought I would pass it on.

Carrie Fisher said:
"There is no point at which you can say, 'Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap."
--Carrie Fisher

Nicole, I love it! After I am done bragging about my show on FB, I am going to post this as my status!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chef4u2
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies