• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inlaws Relationships: Sharpen Your Skills with a Knife Class Experience

In summary, the relationships between the speakers vary, but all of them have a good relationship with their in-laws.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone taken a knife class?I think it would be great to show and share some skills from one at a meeting.

What a great idea! And we could use our education benefit to pay for it!

I wonder where they teach them?

You can find a lot of good tips, step by step instructions and videos on foodnetwork.com.

dannyzmom said:
I wonder where they teach them?

You might check with a local gourmet shop. I stopped in one close to my house for the first time one day. I couldn't see inside the store because the sun was reflecting off the windows. Imagine my surprise when I stepped into the middle of a chef demo. The ENTIRE store (it was VERY small) was full of folding chairs. There were about 15 people looking at me. I was SO embarrassed! I started to leave but they all said "oh come on in, you're fine". Yeah right! I literally had to climb over people's legs to get in the door. I was just going to look around but with all those people in there I pretended to be very seriously looking and picked something up to buy. I don't remember what it was but I knew I couldn't leave without getting something!

They offered alot of different classes each month. A shop like that might be a good place to ask. They might offer one or they might know where to send you.

I have a consultant who runs a restaurant at a local performing arts center. She did a training on knife skills this past spring. Unfortunately, when the weather is bad, my attendance drops dramatically and the night she did it, it snowed! In any case, those who came (2 others) really learned a lot from her.

Do you have a good relationship with your inlaws? Did it take time or was it instant?

I have a fairly good relationship with my MIL and one of my SILs. I have a really good relationship with my other 2 SILs. I had a good relationship with my FIL. He passed away 17 years ago. I have always tried hard to have a good relationship with my inlaws. Differences in religious doctrine keep us at arms link...with my MIL and the one SIL. We are the same religion...Pentecostal...but different denominations. Theirs is far more strict than ours. Unfortunately they believe that if you aren't exactly like them you are wrong. It is a constant struggle, but I always try to make it work. We still have family gatherings and I make it a point not to bring up religion. I have also learned over the last 21 years to not take offense to everything they say.

I have a pretty good relationship with mi In Laws also. My SIL was a coworker of mine and she actually set us up on a blind date. Although I dont call my in laws Mom and Dad

Pretty good. They are 800 miles away so it's not really an issue!

Wonderful - I think my inlaws would trade me for DH most of the time. I met them 7 years before I married DH and they watched him date other people before we got back together and kept lecturing him on how crazy he was and that he should go out with me. His sister actually kept telling him I was the one he was supposed to marry...

Great relationship with my SIL, both his parents have passed so she's the only one! Thank goodness we get along!

Mine are dead. MIL died in 99....we had a good relationship although not the one I always dreamed of. FIL left the picture when my DH was young......as far as we are concerned he is dead.

I get along great with my MIL and FIL and all my brother and sister in laws Now my poor hubby has to deal with my family. For the most part they are a good group but my step mother is not a very nice person.

I live about 100 feet away from mine. I do have a good relationship with them, although not what I wished it was like. With my ex-MIL, we could go shopping, talk on the phone, etc. With my MIL now, there's no way that I could do those things with her. She just isn't interested.

She & my SIL do things together all of the time that they could include me on, but they don't. That kind of bothers me, but what do you do, right? Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if we didn't all live within 1 mile of each other.

My FIL is great. He is the only dad that I have in my life.

I just wish that they'd all communicate a little more! Nothing like being ticked at the other person & them not knowing why.

Mine was really good until I got pregnant with our son and then they have been driving me crazy ever since. They really are not that bad or anything, just small things that drive me insane. I want them to treat us like my parents do and that AINT NEVER gonna happen. My husband even says he wishes his parents did more like mine!

I am so blessed to have a great relationship with my inlaws. I knew them before my husband and I "met". I was good friends with his brother and had been to their house on several occasions when in high school and even bowled on the same team with his mother (a church league) about 10 years before DH and I got together.

DH and I "met" on a Saturday and we had our first date on Wednesday. His brothers were visiting from out of town and he asked if I wanted to see them. We went to their house and it was full of people. Hugs and kisses were overwhelming! They are very warm and loving! We still have a great realtionship almost 23 years later!

We get along just fine. I would say I have a better relationship with fil, bue we tend to see him more. Only see mil 2 times a year and hear from her maybe 2 other times a year!

DH and I have been married almost 5 yrs..I have had a terrible relationship w/ my inlaws and my 2 sil's. Up until a few months ago. FIL was just diagnosed w/ prostate cancer and that seems to have brought the family together and now we are getting along all right, but I am treading lightly! LOL

I only have a MIL. I wouldn't have gotten along with FIL because he yelled and I don't do well with people yelling near or at me. MIL is okay except we support her and she doesn't make the best decisions.

Oh, and one BIL lives with us (5 years....don't ask) and we don't have contact by choice with the other 5 siblings.

I met my inlaws once. In July 4 years ago. They live in South America and they can't speak English- and I can't speak Spanish. We get along great. I think.

I don't think I have a good relationship with my inlaws. It's okay but whatever I don't see them or talk to them often.

We get a long fine...but not a close relationship at all.

Why do you all have Britney Spears above your own pictures?

I get along with my in laws. We don't talk very much. They don't call and I don't really call them much either. They are very different than my parents, and I never know what they are really thinking or what they really want. They are a bit older than my parents too. They at least mind their own business.

JAE said:
Why do you all have Britney Spears above your own pictures?

That is this forum's version of "stars"...

Admin Greg said:
Do you have a good relationship with your inlaws? Did it take time or was it instant?

I have the best MIL...too bad she lives 6 hours away!
My parents live on a different continent...DH is probably thanking his lucky stars for that! ;)

I think I'm one of the few that it's the opposite. I truly have the best in-laws. I talked to my MIL at least every other day if not more. We have always been able to have an open relationship, but yet, she knows where to draw the line and "Not get in our Kool-Aid" as she likes to put it. My FIL is always there when you need him and my SIL is like an older sister I never had. I couldn't ask for better!:)

While my husband has a good relationship with both my mother and father, I struggle with his mother (his father died several years ago). Actually, my hubby struggles with her too. She is opinionated, bigoted, and flat out rude...but in such as way that she comes off as "helpful" to those who don't know her well as we do.

I have a love-hate relationship with my MIL. I could get along with her one day then she comes out with something ridiculous. She lives in the next town.

My in-laws live in the next town and we get a long better now then we did when we dating and first married. My MIL does drive me crazy but I just do what I have to get get along with her. My FIL does not have much to say so we get along great, they are great with my son. He is there only grandchild so they don't want to get us mad because they think we would not let them see him. Which is not the case at all, I would never keep him from them.

These days I do feel bad for them because they are having probems with my SIL who is getting married next Sunday she lives in RI with her soon to be husband (that no one likes) and none of our family is going to the wedding. My In-laws and her have been fighting for months. So now no one in the family is going to the wedding. We have been married for 16 years and she is the only other child so my FIL will not be walking his only daughter down the isle.

I have a great relationship with my MIL... my FIL has a lousy relationship with DH so we don't worry about him though we've tried... DH even went up to clean his apartment when he ended up in the hospital, not knowing if he'd make it out alive. MIL is very nice... we share a lot in common and in many ways, she reminds me of my mom though different. They also get along (my mom and MIL) which is nice too.

My ex's mother was a different bird. Not an easy person to get close to... she was complex in her interests (according to the books she read anyway) but pretty agoraphobic and would not leave the house for much including our wedding. She was a chain smoking, book reading, crossword fanatic up until her death this past summer.

My inlaws are great! Fil, well, he's a man. We lost mil in 2001 to cancer, but before then we went shopping and stuff. We are still very close to mil's family.

Related to Inlaws Relationships: Sharpen Your Skills with a Knife Class Experience

1. What is the purpose of a knife class?

The purpose of a knife class is to teach participants the proper techniques and skills for using and caring for kitchen knives. It can also help improve overall confidence and comfort when handling knives, making meal preparation more efficient and enjoyable.

2. Who can benefit from taking a knife class?

Anyone who cooks or uses knives in the kitchen can benefit from taking a knife class. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, there is always something new to learn and improve upon when it comes to using knives.

3. What can I expect to learn in a knife class?

In a knife class, you can expect to learn proper knife handling techniques, how to choose the right knife for different tasks, how to maintain and sharpen knives, and how to safely and efficiently use knives in the kitchen.

4. Are there any prerequisites for taking a knife class?

No, there are no prerequisites for taking a knife class. However, it may be helpful to have some basic knowledge and experience with using kitchen knives.

5. How can I incorporate what I learn from the knife class into my Pampered Chef business?

You can incorporate your new knife skills by demonstrating them during your Pampered Chef parties and highlighting the importance of using quality knives in the kitchen. You can also offer knife sharpening services or sell Pampered Chef knives to your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tmseiling