• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Ina Garten's Roast Chicken in a DCB?

In summary, the conversation discussed a shared love for The Barefoot Contessa and her recipes, specifically the Perfect Roast Chicken. The recipe was described in detail, including the addition of red potatoes and tips for making it in the DCB. The conversation also mentioned other delicious recipes from Ina, including her Coconut Macaroon cookies.
JackieB999
Gold Member
Do y'all like The Barefoot Contesa as much as I do? Ina is such a great classic cook! When I watch the Food Network, I find myself trying her recipes the most.

I watched her make a roast chicken last week and decided to try it in the DCB. OMG this chicken is FABULOUS. It's not really a "show" chicken but a great one to make for your own family because it bakes for 90 minutes. I followed Ina's recipe to the tee, but I added some red potaoes. If you add potatoes, just do a few or the cover may not fit right.

Perfect Roast Chicken
1 5-6 pound whole chicken
1 large bunch fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 whole head of garlic, cut it half crosswise
4 carrots, cut into 2 inch chunks
1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, cut into wedges (I don't like licorice but tried this anyway - no regrets)
Olive oil
2 tbsp melted butter
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Chop veggies and put in the bottom of DCB. Add 2 tsbp olive oil, salt & pepper, 15 sprigs of thyme and toss to coat. Remove gibblets from chicken cavity and rinse chicken. Pat dry with paper towels. Liberally sprinkle inside of chicken cavity with S&P. Tie the remaining thyme with kitchen string and put it in the cavity. Put the lemon and garlic halves in the cavity also. Tie the chicken legs together with string. Put chicken on top on veggies and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with S&P. Cover the DCB. Bake for 90 minutes.

I hope you get a chance to try it, enjoy! :love:

Last edited:
I make this chicken all the time and it's so delicious. I've never met a recipe of Ina's that I didn't love.

Sounds DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing :)

Ina's Coconum Macaroon cookies are the ultimate best! They are great for those with Gluten allergies as they are flour free and the moist you will EVER try. Yummo!

Hi there! I absolutely love The Barefoot Contessa and her classic cooking style. Her recipes are always a hit in my household too. I recently tried her roast chicken in the DCB and it turned out amazing! I followed her recipe exactly, but I added some red potatoes to the mix. The combination of flavors was fantastic. I definitely agree that it's a great dish to make for your family since it bakes for 90 minutes. Thanks for sharing your experience with adding fennel – I'm not a fan of licorice either, but I'll have to give it a try now. Happy cooking! :)

1. What is "Ina Garten Chicken in the Dcb"?

"Ina Garten Chicken in the Dcb" is a popular recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, that uses a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to cook chicken with vegetables and herbs.

2. Can I use any type of chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use bone-in or boneless chicken breasts, thighs, or a whole chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before using it for this recipe?

No, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is designed to be used without preheating. Simply place the ingredients in the baker and put it in the oven.

4. Can I use different vegetables for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a variety of vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, onions, and bell peppers. Just make sure to cut them into similar sized pieces for even cooking.

5. How long does it take to cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type and size of the chicken you are using. A general guideline is to cook bone-in chicken for 40-45 minutes and boneless chicken for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies