• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important Tip for the Roasted Garlic Spread!

In summary, the Roasted Garlic Spread recipe is delicious if you like beans and garlic, but is too involved for a show. I would make it for a cluster meeting but the potstickers are my personal style and I will be making them tomorrow.
emiley
Hi all!

I made the Roasted Garlic Spread, one of the new recipes for Spring. The recipe says to use the Nylon Masher to mash the beans. DON'T BOTHER! It was not working at all. Use the pastry blender instead. It worked very quickly and easily! Happy Cooking!

Nice tip. Thank you for sharing! So how did it taste? Would you recommend as a demo during Garlic Month?

Yes on both counts!Hi Rita,

The recipe is delicious (if you like beans and garlic!) and I would make it for a show. I would pair it with the pizzetta triangles, which I would do first so they can cook and cool. The dip would be next. I would roast, cool, and peel all the garlic, and pre-press all but two or three of the cloves for time's sake before the show. Incidently, here's where you can show off those cute little prep bowls! Having your ingredients in the little bowls helps you look like a pro! The pizzetta triangles show more expensive items, and both recipes don't take long to make so time is not an issue. Both recipes together show lots of products and you can even cross sell these: woven selections basket (to put triangles in), or the simple additions large square platter, small bowl caddy, smooth edge can opener, can strainer, colander and bowl set, stainless steel mixing bowls (on sale in March!) measure all cup, and lemon & rosemary soap to get the garlic smell off your hands. Hope this helps. Happy Cooking!

I made this and the olive salad for our cluster meeting this week. I used the nylon masher and it worked just fine.

This is not a recipe I would ever do at shows. It's not my personal style. Too involved. I like to do recipes that I can just slap together. For the same reason I'll never ever demo the potstickers at a show again. I am making them tomorrow, but it's for a sip and dip so they will be mostly done ahead of time.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Roasted Garlic Spread recipe. I'm sorry to hear that the Nylon Masher didn't work for you, but I'm glad you found an alternative tool that worked well. I will make a note of this for future reference. Happy cooking to you too!

1. How do I make the roasted garlic spread?

To make the roasted garlic spread, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the top of a head of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle olive oil over the exposed cloves, then wrap the head in foil. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Once cooled, squeeze the cloves out of the skin and mix with softened butter and herbs.

2. Can I use different herbs in the spread?

Yes, you can use any herbs that you prefer in the roasted garlic spread. Popular choices include rosemary, thyme, parsley, and chives. You can also add in some grated parmesan cheese for extra flavor.

3. How long does the roasted garlic spread keep?

The roasted garlic spread can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage, but it may alter the texture slightly when thawed.

4. What can I use the roasted garlic spread for?

The roasted garlic spread is versatile and can be used in many ways. It can be spread on bread or crackers, used as a topping for grilled meats or vegetables, mixed into mashed potatoes or pasta dishes, and even used as a base for homemade salad dressings.

5. Can I make a larger batch of the roasted garlic spread?

Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe for the roasted garlic spread to make a larger batch. Just be sure to adjust the amounts of each ingredient accordingly and use a larger oven-safe dish for roasting the garlic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperdpaula
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Loveh20mi