• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for Hosting a Big Pampered Chef Party?

In summary, the speaker is a new consultant who has qualified in their first month through 4 catalog shows. They are now nervous about their first cooking show with a long-time friend as the host. The host has sent out 42 invitations and there may be up to 27 guests attending. The consultant plans to showcase various products in their demonstration and has been practicing the recipes. They have also learned to go with the flow and not get frustrated if not everyone is paying attention. Other consultants offer tips on how to handle a large party, including focusing on selling products rather than recipes and staying relaxed.
ilovepc
Gold Member
Hi everyone. First time posting my own thread. New consultant (40 days). I qualified in the first month through 4 catalog shows. Thanks to my dear friends. Now I am nervous,
Let me tell you why. My first cooking show is September 28th. The host is a long time friend that moved out of state. We (my family) were going up to visit other friends in her area and when I told her about it, she (who already told me that she would throw a party) said that would be a perfect time to have my party right! I said absolutely. I send her the host package, extra catalogs for outside orders, we discuss her host benefits, we pick a theme, she sends out the postcards, she also sends out invites through email but using a flyer I found on here. Super excited. She emails/sends 42 invites. Here is part of her email she sent me today.

"Wow. Pampered chef is pretty popular. I already have 19 for sure guests coming (that is including you, me and Olivia). Then I have about 8 maybe's. So if everyone that I think will be coming is coming, there will be 27 people total! Is that a lot? I hope not too much!
I better buy a lot of food and drinks! A couple of the people coming are also going to be bringing their "outside" orders from their mom's and stuff. So it probably will be a very succsessful party. "

My first show with that many people.. :sing::sing:

Any tips from you guys for such a big party? We are having 1 pot pasta (double recipe because she asked me to) and I am making a dessert to bring with me (Tiramisu Brownies) and then we are going to make a rice cooker hot lava cake. I have been using PC for such a long time (14 years) and had almost everything in the new consultant kit so I was thinking that I could set up some of the items (garlic press because we are not slicing the garlic, food chopper for the brocoilli and carrots (how do you spell brocolli?) and others can use the mandolin to chop. (Yes we will have different types of chopped veggies but it will be fine). This will to allow more people to test the tools. (By the way, the host totally wants interactive and told everyone that they would be particpating). What do you guys think of that?

Ive made the pasta dish 3 times and the brownies twice to practice.
Im nervous though still.

My very first Cooking Show as a consultant had 22 guests. The host had a huge dine-in kitchen, but we couldn't get everyone in there. The chairs spread down the hall & into the living room.

At the time, I was doing the interactive shows where someone would get up and try a tool. Now I do the full interactive shows where I set up 2-3 workstations (6-8 people at each), give them the recipe and the tools & let them go to town. I walk from station to station to answer questions or suggest tips to help with the tool. So far, the guests LOVE being able to touch everything!!

I also do my own recipe cards and let everyone take home a card from each recipe that they tried that day. So even if they didn't get to work on the desert but liked it, they can now go home and make it.

Of course, I print my name, phone number, e-mail address & web page address on EVERY recipe card so that they can call or pop on-line and order a tool that they might need to make that particular recipe. ;)

The biggest thing I have learned is to not get frustrated when everyone isn't listening to me. When there is a big party there are always side conversations. Try not to get too distracted by them and just continue. The people that want to hear are listening and that is what matters most. Plus when you stall to get everyone's attention the show takes longer, which is no good when already checkout will take longer with so many people. Mainly my advice is to just go with the flow. When you are relaxed everyone there will be relaxed! Good luck!

First of all Welcome Aboard!!! Second you are selling products not recipes. Just stick with one recipe and you'll be fine. Good Luck!!!

GourmetGirl said:
The biggest thing I have learned is to not get frustrated when everyone isn't listening to me. When there is a big party there are always side conversations. Try not to get too distracted by them and just continue. The people that want to hear are listening and that is what matters most. Plus when you stall to get everyone's attention the show takes longer, which is no good when already checkout will take longer with so many people. Mainly my advice is to just go with the flow. When you are relaxed everyone there will be relaxed! Good luck!

Thanks for writing this. I really needed to hear that. :)

Sheila said:
My very first Cooking Show as a consultant had 22 guests. The host had a huge dine-in kitchen, but we couldn't get everyone in there. The chairs spread down the hall & into the living room.

At the time, I was doing the interactive shows where someone would get up and try a tool. Now I do the full interactive shows where I set up 2-3 workstations (6-8 people at each), give them the recipe and the tools & let them go to town. I walk from station to station to answer questions or suggest tips to help with the tool. So far, the guests LOVE being able to touch everything!!

Great idea. I dont have 4 cutting boards ... I'll have to think about this.
Thanks!

one mistake I made at my first show was to do too many recipes and not enough prep work. Think about how you're doing the show and decide how much to prep. For example, if you're doing an interactive show and have a large crowd, maybe you want to want to cut up all your tomatoes at the show because the more people you get to try our knives the better. But if you're not doing interactive, cutting 3 tomatoes in front of everyone gets rather boring (have 2 done ahead of time).

Okay, I should tell you how it went... My host ended up having 18 guests. We decided to forgo the demo and had the one pot pasta already prepared. We decided to have a new product table set up and we also talked about the recipe. I did demo the chocolate cake in the rice cooker which was a hit. We are ready to close the show now. It ended at 811.00. Not great for 18 guests but they were all talking about how broke they were. Now here is the issue. My DH told me to ask you all what you all would do.

My host does not have the money for the 60% off of the cookware (Sept show). She told me that I could take the special if I wanted it. I want the 7 peice executive set. I don't have any pieces of the non stick except for the 8 in and 10 inch saute pan. My husband loves the stainless steel. I had to borrow the stock pot from my director to make the one pot pasta and I really would like to have my own. Especially at 60% off.

I can afford it. My husband thinks it is awful that I can't buy "just the stockpot". I want the stockpot but I also want the skillet and the other two pots/pans that come with the set.

What would you do?

just get the set - you will use it.. or you can gift it for x-mas gifts :)

ilovepc said:
Okay, I should tell you how it went... My host ended up having 18 guests. We decided to forgo the demo and had the one pot pasta already prepared. We decided to have a new product table set up and we also talked about the recipe. I did demo the chocolate cake in the rice cooker which was a hit. We are ready to close the show now. It ended at 811.00. Not great for 18 guests but they were all talking about how broke they were. Now here is the issue. My DH told me to ask you all what you all would do.

My host does not have the money for the 60% off of the cookware (Sept show). She told me that I could take the special if I wanted it. I want the 7 peice executive set. I don't have any pieces of the non stick except for the 8 in and 10 inch saute pan. My husband loves the stainless steel. I had to borrow the stock pot from my director to make the one pot pasta and I really would like to have my own. Especially at 60% off.

I can afford it. My husband thinks it is awful that I can't buy "just the stockpot". I want the stockpot but I also want the skillet and the other two pots/pans that come with the set.

What would you do?

I would definately get the set!

Yes get the set! I'm getting the SS set for myself, it's just to great a deal to pass up.:) I've never ever had this nice of a set either so for me it's a treat. I look at it like this and I explain it to my host/guests the same way - if your so/hubby etc can have a garage full of tools so can you but your garage is your kitchen!! A nice air wrench set will set you back but it's worth it if you put it to use and so will your cookware, forge cutlery etc. SO slurge and get the set, he will thank you when you cook your amazing dinners in them!:)

I have the 5-pc Exec and my DD has the 7-pc Exec! It is awesome! Go for it!

Go for the set. Unused pieces can be given for gifts or special drawings or raffles!

ilovepc said:
I had to borrow the stock pot from my director to make the one pot pasta and I really would like to have my own. Especially at 60% off.

FYI- you can make the Creamy One Pot Pasta in the 12" skillet, if you have that. I find that pan the most versatile open stock piece.

chefann said:
FYI- you can make the Creamy One Pot Pasta in the 12" skillet, if you have that. I find that pan the most versatile open stock piece.

I agree with Ann!

1. How can I calm my nerves before a Pampered Chef party?

Before your party, take some time for yourself to relax and practice deep breathing. You can also try listening to calming music or doing a quick meditation to help ease your nerves.

2. What if I forget a step or mess up during the demonstration?

Don't worry! Everyone makes mistakes, and your guests will understand. If you do forget a step, simply pause and take a deep breath before continuing. And remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the experience!

3. How can I make sure my guests have a good time?

Make sure to engage with your guests and encourage them to participate. You can also offer some fun games or activities during the party. And don't forget to have plenty of delicious food and drinks for everyone to enjoy!

4. What if a guest asks a question I don't know the answer to?

If you don't know the answer, don't be afraid to say so! You can always offer to find out the information and follow up with the guest after the party. And don't worry, our products are so high-quality that they practically sell themselves!

5. How can I make sure my party is successful?

The key to a successful party is to be prepared and have fun! Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and know the products well. And most importantly, have a positive attitude and enjoy the experience of sharing Pampered Chef with others!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Janes Addiction
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ttotsis