• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Back! - and Need Some Advice

In summary, the person is seeking help with their business as they took a break to focus on family and housekeeping. They are planning on joining a MOPS group to meet new people and possibly do shows in the upcoming fall season. However, they have issues with their current upline and want to switch to a different director who is a family friend. They are unsure about the cost of buying a new starter kit and have lost some of their products. They are seeking advice from others and considering waiting until the 12 months is up to resign and earn back the cost of the kit.
pchefinski
(Sorry, this is kinda long..)

Alright folks I need your help!

I have not done any sales/shows since December, as I felt I should spend less time on my business for a period of time, and spend more with my family and on my housekeeping. I was spending too much time on my business, trying to get sales in an area where I do not know many people. (our church has dwindled to a half-dozen people, and I haven’t been a part of any MOPS or playgroups as of yet)

The fall/winter season is soon approaching and I am so excited about the awesome new product that always brings a boost in sales with it (holiday shopping and entertaining). This fall I am planning on joining a MOPS group with my son (who will be 3 in October), which I’m hoping will help me meet new people and hopefully make some friends (for both DS and myself). I’m starting to take him to story time at the library. Also, our church is on the cusp of moving to the nearby city (about 20 miles away) and our congregation is expected to increase significantly, so there will be more people I’ll have made acquaintance with. I’ve been contemplating starting to do shows at the end of this summer in preparation for the fall season, and go through the fall season doing as much in sales that I feel I can handle (without letting myself get swept up in the incentive trip thing, like I did last year). Here is my only problem(s).

I do not have the best relationship with the woman I signed under, or with my director. A second reason I stopped with my sales in December was because after a year of having no sales, I would go completely inactive and then would be able to sign again under a different director. My mother’s consultant is a director and I would have signed under her had I known I could (we’re in different states). We have an established friendship and she was the person who originally peaked my interest (and spent a lot of time talking with me) about the company and its consultant program (5 years before I signed with the company). I want to be under her, as I want her to reap the benefits of any other consultants I sign and any sales I may have; she spent a lot of time with me, answering a lot of questions, and has been the one I turned to in any times of question or trouble with my business for judgmental-free support and advice. But if I wait until January and go completely inactive in order to sign all over again, I’ll have to pay the $155 for another starter kit. I don’t think DH would go for me having to buy a more expensive kit, though he was fully supportive of my decision to go completely inactive in order to sign under this different consultant (he doesn’t approve of the current situation). I think if the price hadn’t changed, it wouldn’t be so much of a deal, but we’re on a budget right now (one reason I’m wanting to start up again is to earn a little extra money).. Anyway, another thing is that I have lost about half of the product that I got in my original starter kit (to make the story short, my father-in-law accidentally gave them away to the city mission and 3 of the products broke courtesy of my 2 yo), so I don’t really have the products that I’d need to do my demonstrations adequately. Any advice?? TIA!

I do hope everything works out of you! I heard somewhere that if you have your current director sign something you can go under someone else. Heard it on here somewhere but don't remember what link or anything. so you may want to call HO and see if there is anything like that you can do.

1st....
Hi Amanda...how are you, long time no see, but 2nd where is a NEW pic of the baby!!!:eek: ;)

I would say, if in your heart you REALLY want to be under this woman, I think you should go for it! Since you say you have lost quite a few products, also you can start now saving towards the new kit! Also host a party when the time comes & get host credit off the kit as well. HTH....:)

My two cents:

If you are that unhappy with your current upline and have been inactive for this long already I would wait until the 12 months is past (call PC so you are POSITIVE of that date) and resign. You will earn the cost of the kit back in a show or two and don't forget the PC$$ you can earn in the new program.

Anyone who feels as you do really has to weigh the pros and cons of leaving the business for that long. Good luck - and welcome back here!!

Amanda
Just remember you are always welcome here! If it was me, I would probably wait the 12 months also. It is only a few months.

BethCooks4U said:
My two cents:

If you are that unhappy with your current upline and have been inactive for this long already I would wait until the 12 months is past (call PC so you are POSITIVE of that date) and resign. You will earn the cost of the kit back in a show or two and don't forget the PC$$ you can earn in the new program.

Anyone who feels as you do really has to weigh the pros and cons of leaving the business for that long. Good luck - and welcome back here!!
See- this is why Beth is a Director - she remembers all the good points! I completely forgot that you'd be eligible for the PC$ when you re-sign.

Welcome back Amanda! I was wondering what happened to ya after you breifely resurfaced a few months back? What ever you decide I am sure it will be the right one for you! Good luck and can't wait to see you back to CS on a regular basis!

I would wait until January, but start telling all your MOPS moms you sell Pampered Chef so they'll book a show to maximize your PC Bucks. I would also start trying to find a way to save the $155 so your dh won't be upset. Perhaps a good yard sale, selling some of your old PC stuff on ebay or just saving the money with coupons. When you have the money saved, show him cash and tell him that you have to pay for the new kit. Be excited and he will be too.

Why not do a couple of catalog shows as a host for the director you want to sign under if you (and your friends) want to get the products NOW. Then you might be able to use the kit credit!

Well my decision is to go completely inactive and re-sign once my year is over. Since I did my last show mid-December, my inactive date is mid-February and therefore I'll haave to wait a year from then to re-sign. I talked to the director I want to sign under and she and I talked about it. I'm actually excited to wait. I know that my experience being a consultant will be so much better under this new director (maybe I'll be able to get the bonus packages!!) and it will give me about 6 months to have some shows and extend to other customers, earn some free product (woot!) and get back to where I was years ago when I totally fell in love with the products and desperately wanted to be a consultant (thanks to this other director). Also, there are some big things that might happen soon for our family (like hubby possibly switching his job/career and us moving) which I feel would only add more stress and pressure on me when I don't feel my business got off on the right foot and is successful enough to survive such a jolt. I really have peace in this and am very excited. But if it's okay, I'd like to stick around and hang with you lovely folks as I wait.. :) Thanks for all your advice and support - I really appreciate it! :D

The new kit is worth it in your case I believe! I signed on in February, and with the starter incentives, I immediately made back $100 in PC bucks (which gets reinvested in the biz). Within the 3 mo. time, I recouped the cash for the kit. So , I would wait to sign up under the new director!Good luck!Cath

Amanda, I know that we would all love to have you on here as you wait! Once a cheffer, always a cheffer! :D Good luck with your decision and it sounds like with a possible move/career switch it may be best to wait. I can almost hear the excitement in your voice as you talk about signing with this other director and I think that will carry through to your "first" shows when you resign. I also like the idea of saving up and having the cash. If you saved $25 a month, you would have enough for the kit! Plus think of all those PC $$ you can earn with the new program! and all of the awesome products in the new kit! I wish you the best of luck in these upcoming months!!

Best wishes. We'll be glad to have you hang out here for your PC fix until you're back in the trenches.

GourmetGirl said:
Amanda, I know that we would all love to have you on here as you wait! Once a cheffer, always a cheffer! :D Good luck with your decision and it sounds like with a possible move/career switch it may be best to wait. I can almost hear the excitement in your voice as you talk about signing with this other director and I think that will carry through to your "first" shows when you resign. I also like the idea of saving up and having the cash. If you saved $25 a month, you would have enough for the kit! Plus think of all those PC $$ you can earn with the new program! and all of the awesome products in the new kit! I wish you the best of luck in these upcoming months!!

This is exactly it! - I'm SOO stoked! Between the possible career/job change (that would require a move) and my parents moving and us trying for a baby, I feel like any time I put toward my business would be too much away from my family right now. Six months isn't too long to wait and I'm still going to stay up to date on the products and have a show now and then through my future director. She and I were joking that with DH and I trying for another baby and nothing happening yet, it'll probably happen just as I'm ready to start up again! :p I have no doubts I'm doing the right thing and that's so much better than when I first started and had more doubts than peace (by a large margin). Things were SOOO hard when I first started out b'c I just wasn't as psyched as I could have been and it filtered down through my bookings, etc. It'll be a LOT better next time! Thanks for letting me stick around! :D I'll be nice and seasoned when February rolls around.

I think your plan is a great one!!! I've only been at this a little over a year and would never think of quitting, but I'm so jealous that you get to earn the PC$!!!
Where are you guys now? Do you know where DH's new job might be taking you?

1. Why did you leave and come back to Pampered Chef?

I left Pampered Chef to explore other career opportunities, but ultimately realized that I missed the company and its values. I am excited to be back and continue to grow with such a great company.

2. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking about leaving Pampered Chef?

My advice would be to carefully consider your reasons for leaving and to keep in touch with the Pampered Chef community. You never know when you may want to come back and it's always good to have connections within the company.

3. How has Pampered Chef changed since you left?

Pampered Chef has continued to grow and evolve, introducing new products and expanding into new markets. The company has also placed a greater emphasis on technology and digital marketing, making it easier for consultants to connect with customers.

4. What do you think sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef's commitment to quality and innovation sets it apart from other direct sales companies. The company constantly strives to provide top-notch products and support for its consultants, making it a great opportunity for anyone looking to start their own business.

5. How can I be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Success as a Pampered Chef consultant comes down to being passionate about the products and building strong relationships with customers. Take advantage of training and support from your upline and the company, and always strive to provide excellent customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChristineK
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChristineK
  • Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bill Faber