• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Booking in New Community

In summary, Shonda is waiting for PC website to come back up so she can get signed up. She has three leads: a friend, a Bridal Show, and a fundraiser. She is considering doing a Mystery Hostess type Open for Business at her house and inviting the few people she has met in the area so far. She has a catalog bag that displays her current catalog (she'll find the link to the site and post it later) and strike up conversations with people as she is in line or in doing her regular daily errands. She doesn't carry many catalogs in there because she wants to have their name and number so she makes sure she has plenty of drawing slips and a
hoosierchef
Hello. So as you all may or may not know. I am waiting for PC website to come back up so I can get signed up. My soon-to-be director really wants me to get firm dates for my shows before I actually sign. I have 3 leads: My friend, a Bridal Show, and a fundraiser. I'm waiting on the first two to set dates. I know they want to do February and/or March. I was considering doing a Mystery Hostess type Open for Business at my house and inviting the few people I have met in the area so far.

I need ideas on how I should drum up some more business for an area where I really don't know anyone. I don't have any catalogs since I've not signed yet. The few people I've already approached gave me the, "Well.....I'm not sure right now" speech. One's house isn't clean yet (She just moved, I suggested a house warming party.)

Also, How do I do this without seeming pushy!! I hate being Pushy and I hate to be pushed!!

It's quickly coming back to me how booking was my weakness!! HELP!! I really want to be successful this time around! :confused:

So I guess no one has any words of advice?? :(

I'm new to my area as well and those I do know, I know through work and there is a slight conflict of interest policy I must adhere to so I am left with very little established contacts. What I've realized is that direct sales is a relationship business and your new business with PC can be the way to begin new relationships. I carry around a catalog bag that displays my current catalog (I'll find the link to the site and post it later - very inexpensive) and strike up conversations with people as I am in line or in doing my regular daily errands. I don't carry many catalogs in there because I want to have their name and number so I make sure I have plenty of drawing slips and a pen and tell them to fill it out and I'll get them a catalog. There are also local events (check with Chamber of Commerce or community centers) that have fairs and exhibits where you can display your table and use your drawing slips to collect contact info of interested people. Actually having a drawing and indicating only completed slips qualify gives you a great pool of contacts to follow up with.

Others have suggested having an Open House and post flyers in the neighborhood and local businesses - only you can determine if that will work for you.

I've purchased flyers from Merrill Corporation and put them in local businesses with some catalogs and have had people contact me this way.

Just make yourself visible - get some PC clothing, a hat, or decal for your car. Carry around things that make it obvious you sell PC and don't be afraid to talk. Doctor's offices are good places to leave catalogs too.

Well...
I'm doing an open house as well. Maybe try that...
Also, if someone's house isn't clean - or whatever excuse they make like that - maybe you can offer to hold it at your house?
Hmmm...I put together some tear off sheets stapled on the front of catalogs and I'm going to go around to local businesses tomorrow and see if I can put them in waiting rooms.

Best of luck!

I am going around today and putting these up on the big mail boxes in the tract homes here.
Well it come up, but it is the grocery store flier.
Good luck!

Great site Shonda! Thanks~

You have to be really excited about it. Do you have a recruiter? She should give you a few books if you ask. (I would) I recruited because of the fantastic show that I had. The first few shows were tough booking but when my friends and family saw how excited I was about it it helped. Co-workers were great. Ask them, you don't have to be pushy, just enthusiastic. I also sent a letter out to a few of the nursing homes in my local area (there is always someone there willing to do a party!) Just introduce yourself and tell them how excited you are to be joing the pampered chef again and that you can't wait to earn them some of our FANTASTIC new products. Send out an e-mail to everyone in your address book. Ask them to help you out. Also, tell them about the extra free product they get for doing their show in your first 30 days. Really, The best advise I can give though is BE EXCITED your enthusiasm books and sells for you.
Diana Feller

Last edited:

What are some ways to book in a new community?

1. Reach out to friends and family who live in the community and offer to host a cooking demonstration in their home. This is a great way to introduce yourself to the community and get potential new customers interested in Pampered Chef products.

2. Partner with local businesses, such as a health food store or boutique, to host a joint event. This will attract a wider audience and give you the opportunity to network with other businesses in the community.

3. Utilize social media to promote your business and connect with potential customers in the new community. Join local Facebook groups and post about your products and upcoming events.

4. Attend community events, such as fairs or festivals, and set up a booth to showcase Pampered Chef products. This is a great way to reach a large number of people and introduce them to your business.

5. Offer special incentives for hosting a party in the new community, such as a free product or discount. This will entice potential hosts to book a party and help you build a customer base in the new area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • chefsteph07