• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Using Mfp for Dessert Show

In summary, my recruit is planning her Grand Opening and is going to do a Simply Sweet dessert show. Does anyone have an idea of something we could do that would showcase the MFP? A couple come to mind without much digging: The Strawberry Ice recipe (it's on the catalog cover)- Recipe is in the Season's Best. The MFP Review thread has alot of folks mention this recipe and loved it. One said she used frozen mixed fruit since they didn't have just Strawberries, and her son loved it. I also thought I had read that someone did a Sorbet with theirs, but not sure where that would be. And this recipe was a classic fruit "salsa" recipe modified for the MFP: APPLE
winklermom
My recruit is planning her Grand Opening and is going to do a Simply Sweet dessert show. Does anyone have an idea of something we could do that would showcase the MFP?

A couple come to mind without much digging:The Strawberry Ice recipe (it's on the catalog cover)- Recipe is in the Season's Best. The MFP Review thread has alot of folks mention this recipe and loved it. One said she used frozen mixed fruit since they didn't have just Strawberries, and her son loved it.I also thought I had read that someone did a Sorbet with theirs, but not sure where that would be.And this recipe was a classic fruit "salsa" recipe modified for the MFP:APPLE BERRY SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPSCinnamon Chips:
4 7-inch flour tortillas
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Salsa:
2 medium Granny Smith apples 1 cup strawberries
1 kiwi 1 small orange
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons apple jelly

Heat the oven to 400°F. For the Cinnamon Chips, lightly spray the tortillas with water using the Kitchen Spritzer. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in the Flour/Sugar Shaker and sprinkle over the tortillas. Using the Pizza Cutter, cut each tortilla into eight wedges and place in a single layer on the Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to the Nonstick Cooling Rack to cool completely. For the salsa, peel the apples using the Serrated Peeler. Wedge the apple using the Apple Wedger. Cut the apples pieces in half and chop with the Manual Food Processor. Add the strawberries and kiwi to the Food Processor and pump the handle until chopped. Zest the orange using the Microplane® Zester. Juice the orange using the Citrus Press. Add the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to the fruit mixture. Mix gently using the Classic Scraper. Serve with the Cinnamon Chips.
Makes 16 servings with 70 calories and 1 grams of fat per serving.

Last edited:
You can do the YUMMY smore cups.......grind up the graham crackers in the MFP

Ooooh, I had forgotten about the Apple Berry Salsa but I've been wanting to give it a try. It sounds wonderful!Could you use the PC Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend or Korintje stead of the regular cinnamon for this recipe?

winklermom said:
Ooooh, I had forgotten about the Apple Berry Salsa but I've been wanting to give it a try. It sounds wonderful!

Could you use the PC Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend or Korintje stead of the regular cinnamon for this recipe?

Definitely..I say especially the Korintje cinnamon, since that's JUST cinnamon. The Blend - probably could too...but not sure. :)

1. What is Mfp and how can it be used for a dessert show?

Mfp stands for "MyFitnessPal", which is a popular app and website used for tracking nutrition and exercise. For a dessert show, Mfp can be used to calculate the nutritional information of each dish, allowing guests to make informed decisions about their food choices. It can also be used to track the calories consumed during the event.

2. Can Mfp be used to find healthier dessert options?

Yes, Mfp offers a wide variety of dessert recipes that are lower in calories and sugar compared to traditional recipes. You can also use the app to make substitutions and adjustments to your favorite dessert recipes to make them healthier.

3. Does Mfp have a feature for sharing recipes with guests?

Yes, Mfp has a feature called "Recipe Sharing" which allows you to easily share recipes with friends and family. This can be useful for sharing the recipes from your dessert show with your guests.

4. Is there a way to track the nutritional information for each guest's individual plate?

Yes, Mfp has a feature called "Meal Planning" where you can input the ingredients and serving sizes for each dish, and it will calculate the nutritional information for each plate. This can be helpful for guests with dietary restrictions or preferences.

5. Can Mfp be used to track the success of a dessert show?

Yes, Mfp has a feature called "Progress Tracking" where you can input your weight and measurements and track your progress over time. You can use this feature to see the impact of your dessert show on your personal health goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookscorner
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kreaser