• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Icecream Cakes: Should I Get Them?

In summary, the torte pan set is a great addition to any baker's kitchen, and the recipes included are sure to please.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Should I get them. Do you like them? Do you use them a lot? Have you made an icecream cake out of them?

I have used mine several times. I made the mint chocolate torte from a recent SB. My number 1 show recipe right now is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. Of the 4 recipes I've offered since September 75% of my hosts choose this one.

I love them, just wish I had more recipes to go with them. :chef:

I don't have them (yet). I keep coming across recipes that I could use them. Keep thinking about getting them... Maybe for Christmas

Ok. Sold. thanks. I wish there were a little recipe booklet for it with torte recipes. Hint Hint. Maybe one of you has one and will share:)

I'm not overally pleased with mine.
I got it as one of my super started bonues (we get selected products not PC£'s in the first 90 days) and I'm not sure I would have paid for it.

I bake a lot and I guess I am just used to normal pans.

I've tried box cakes, brownies and a normal cake (i.e. from scratch!) but they all stick. I will perservere (sp?), but I'm not ready to take it to shows!

swinkate said:
I'm not overally pleased with mine.
I got it as one of my super started bonues (we get selected products not PC£'s in the first 90 days) and I'm not sure I would have paid for it.

I bake a lot and I guess I am just used to normal pans.

I've tried box cakes, brownies and a normal cake (i.e. from scratch!) but they all stick. I will perservere (sp?), but I'm not ready to take it to shows!

You really need to spray it well. Alot of the recipes I do have you line the circle with parchment paper. I spray mine with the kitchen spritzer also.

I use the kitchen spritzer... love that!

I'll line with paper and get back to you! I'm having sunday lunch with the in-laws, so I'll take one there!

I use the cooking spray that has flour in it. Works great, even with the brownie PB thingy.

tabnat80 said:
Ok. Sold. thanks. I wish there were a little recipe booklet for it with torte recipes. Hint Hint. Maybe one of you has one and will share:)

Do a search in the file section for torte pan, there is a couple in there.

Duh - I totally forgot about the parchment paper. That's what I've used!

wadesgirl said:
Do a search in the file section for torte pan, there is a couple in there.

Thanks! I did find quite a few there.

any favs guys?

Heck, I may be exaggerating, but it seems like the Festive Holiday Desserts cookbook has tons of torte pan recipes.

I think I might make one and put some sorta pudding in the middle, kinda like a modified chocolate pudding pie with the pudding in the middle and the cream on top... maybe sprinkle some mocha sprinkles on it or something...

... or even do the tiramisu brownie square recipe... ahhhh the possibilities!

I like, and use, mine a lot. The ice cream cake idea was interesting. Could use a recipe for that.

I've never even used parchment with mine; just the spray with flour, & it comes out fine every time. (brownies for the choc PB torte) I think it's a fun pan that you can really be creative with recipes with.

Has anyone ever used this set to make an ice cream cake?
My DD's birthday is today and I'd love to surprise her with one.

Do you make it with just one pan or with two like a layer cake?

Brownie batter or cake mix?

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to make one with an oreo crust. But a brownie or cake base I think would be good and probably release from the pan more easily. Then you can layer the ice cream on. Another option for an ice cream cake would be to use a springform pan. Then you could even do a crushed oreo crust, layer of fudge if you want, and then layer the ice cream. Toss it in the freezer and then release it from the pan when you want to serve it.Would that work? I've never done it... but I was just thinking it through because I'd like to try it sometime.

I just ordered the torte pan set, can't wait to get it. I want to make the cherry cordial that is in the holiday desserts cookbook.

merego said:
I just ordered the torte pan set, can't wait to get it. I want to make the cherry cordial that is in the holiday desserts cookbook.

I made this last night for a show. It is the most beautiful recipe I have ever made. It looks just like the picture, and taste fab. I sprayed mine with the flour spray and no parchment and it came out of the pans like a dream. I love these pans.

I ordered mine yesterday too! I cant wait to get them and try different things... YAY!

My brownies are still sticking! I followed the recipe, put in paper etc. I really want to serve this at a show, but won't risk it!

My co-workers are loving my disasters though! They look rubbish but still taste yummy!

I am now going to try and locate some flour spray.... wish me luck!

Try Bakers Joy (blue and white can)... usually near the Pam .

I'm in the UK.... my country is rubbish!!!!!!

oopps! sorry, I didnt even look

Related to Icecream Cakes: Should I Get Them?

1. Can I use any type of ice cream for the cake?

Yes, you can use any flavor or brand of ice cream for your ice cream cake. However, it is recommended to use a high-quality ice cream for the best results.

2. How do I prevent the ice cream from melting while making the cake?

You can prevent the ice cream from melting by keeping it in the freezer until ready to use. You can also work quickly while assembling the cake and place it back in the freezer immediately after each step.

3. Can I make an ice cream cake in advance?

Yes, you can make an ice cream cake in advance. It is recommended to make it no more than 1-2 days in advance and keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make an ice cream cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, having a springform pan or a cake pan with removable sides can make it easier to assemble and serve the ice cream cake.

5. How do I store leftover ice cream cake?

You can store leftover ice cream cake in an airtight container in the freezer. Be sure to wrap it well with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. It is best to consume the leftover cake within 1-2 days for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci