• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Could be Causing the Rattling Sound in the Ice Cream Dipper?

In summary, a cousin's son got married and his wife received an Ice Cream Dipper as a gift. She noticed a rattling in the handle and wondered if the vial holding the non-toxic de-icing solution had come loose. Despite living out of state, the sender plans on doing a Product Adjustment for her. However, the liquid in the scoop is actually meant to heat up from your hand and make scooping easier. This misunderstanding has led to some humorous stories from other customers' husbands.
Trish1953
Silver Member
I got an email from a cousin of mine who's son just got married. His wife just got the Ice Cream Dipper. She says there is some sort of rattling in the handle. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it? THe online Product Guide says it has "non-toxic de-icing solution" in it and I thought maybe the vial that holds the solution might have come loose. Although she lives out of state, I'm sure I'll be doing a Product Adjustment for her.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Trish1953 said:
I got an email from a cousin of mine who's son just got married. His wife just got the Ice Cream Dipper. She says there is some sort of rattling in the handle. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it? THe online Product Guide says it has "non-toxic de-icing solution" in it and I thought maybe the vial that holds the solution might have come loose. Although she lives out of state, I'm sure I'll be doing a Product Adjustment for her.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
There is liquid that heats up from your hand and that makes it easier to scoop the ice cream. My recruiters husband thought the same thing but he took it to great lengths. He got his drill out and drilled a hole in the scoop so he could get whatever was in there out. Well it came out-the liquid that is supposed to be in there. :eek:

Yep, it's just the liquid that makes the thing work!

chefkristin said:
There is liquid that heats up from your hand and that makes it easier to scoop the ice cream. My recruiters husband thought the same thing but he took it to great lengths. He got his drill out and drilled a hole in the scoop so he could get whatever was in there out. Well it came out-the liquid that is supposed to be in there. :eek:

One of my customer's husbands did the same thing. Always makes for a great story!

Hi Trish,Thank you for reaching out about the Ice Cream Dipper. It sounds like your cousin's daughter-in-law may have received a defective product. I would recommend checking the vial that holds the non-toxic de-icing solution to see if it has come loose or if there is any damage to it. If that is the case, a Product Adjustment would definitely be the best course of action. I'm glad you are able to help her out even though she lives out of state. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.Best, Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is an ice cream dipper and how does it work?

An ice cream dipper is a kitchen tool used for scooping ice cream. It has a metal scoop with a liquid-filled handle that helps release the ice cream with ease. When the scoop is warmed in hot water, the liquid inside expands, allowing the ice cream to easily slide out of the scoop.

2. Why is my ice cream dipper not working properly?

There could be a few reasons for your ice cream dipper not working properly. It could be due to the liquid inside the handle freezing, making it difficult to scoop the ice cream. It could also be caused by a dull or bent scoop, which can make it harder to release the ice cream.

3. How can I prevent my ice cream dipper from failing?

To prevent your ice cream dipper from failing, make sure to properly care for it. Avoid putting it in the dishwasher, as the high heat can cause the liquid inside to expand and potentially damage the scoop. Also, make sure to regularly clean and dry the scoop to prevent any buildup or dullness.

4. Can I use my ice cream dipper for anything besides scooping ice cream?

Yes, you can use your ice cream dipper for scooping other frozen treats like sorbet or frozen yogurt. It can also be used for portioning cookie dough or making perfectly sized meatballs.

5. What should I do if my ice cream dipper fails?

If your ice cream dipper fails, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We offer a satisfaction guarantee and will work to resolve any issues with your product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle