• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I Was Part of the Focus Group for the Big Tech/Web Announcement

In summary, the conversation is about a new website, web stuff, and app being beta tested and soon to be rolled out. It is viewed as a groundbreaking technology that will make running businesses easier. Some concerns and questions are raised by the participants, but overall everyone is excited and proud of the company for investing in this new technology. The conversation also touches on the transition from PP to P3 and the ability to import contacts.
pamperedbecky
:D:D:D:D

Didn't I keep the secret well?? :) We signed confidentiality agreements and everything. I knew about it toward the end of January, when I had my first focus group meeting all day at the home office. The 2nd day of that was just last Thursday.

I was part of the focus group for beta testing for the NEW website/web stuff/app and let me tell you it's AWESOME. It will make our jobs so much easier in the long run. I don't think there will be a huge learning curve, even for some tech-challenged people. I can't WAIT until they roll it out.

I think they need to stress more that you do NOT need an iPhone/android phone or an iPad to take advantage of everything. Obviously that makes it easier to run your business ANYWHERE by using the mobile app, but having a computer or even NOT having a computer, we will be able to use the new web. Having it all web-based is SOOOO cool. Even those who don't have a computer or whose computer has problems can go to a local library, a friend's house, etc to use their computer and not have a problem.

Aaaahhh!! My mind is still spinning and I think we really don't quite "get" the impact this will have on our businesses. Plus the fact that we are WAY ahead of the competition with this type of technology is a very exciting thought. :happyforyou:

I'm happy to answer questions (based on what I know so far). To be honest, I haven't read through all of these threads since getting back from spring launch last night, so I'll look through them-most likely tomorrow-to see if there are any questions I can answer.

I'm so proud of our company for investing this time and money for something that will help us run our businesses more easily. Yes, I know it pays off for THEM in the long run too, but this is just so cool. :)

I'm so relieved I can now let the cat out of the bag!!!! I didn't even tell any of my consultants.

I bet it was killing you to not spill it!

Have you posted this on CS? There's a bunch of complainers over there about this new app. If you do, be prepared to be inundated with questions! Or just post once all about it and go away ;)

You go girl! I bet that was super hard!!! :DI'm excited over it too. I've already seen a lot of "glass half empty" comments over on Chef Success. Hoping people give it a fair shot. I think everyone's really going to LOVE the ease of not having to do extra steps to get all the data in one place. :D

I actually haven't been on CS for a couple/few years. Kinda because of that! I knew there would be those who weren't excited and didn't "get " it. Eventually they will I hope. It's really HUGE. I don't even fully understand what the impact will be. It's ground-breaking territory with the app stuff. Very exciting!

The web stuff will definitely make our jobs easier. Training new consultants will be easier. Everything is in one place!! Working with hosts will be easier!

Can u tell I'm excited! :). Since in not on CS, I don't know what exactly they're saying. Most likely they weren't around for the transition from PP to P3. I was a major holdout before switching This should be easier!

I have a question. One of the problems with the PWS was that the evites were going to spam. Was that part addressed?

BTW, I'm very excited about the whole change :)

I've also had a lot of requests to "import" contacts vs typing them all in. Will we have an "import" ability now?

Sheila said:
I've also had a lot of requests to "import" contacts vs typing them all in. Will we have an "import" ability now?

Thought we could do that now? I imported all of mine the other day. I did have to have tech support help me as there's a little trick to it.

Wow Becky you are my hero! There is NO way I could've kept that secret. This is amazing!!

Sheila said:

Linda is correct... we already have that capability on our PWS.

So if you still choose to take a laptop to your shows and don't have internet, the program will still work offline? Just want to clarify b/c it sounded like only the app would work offline.

loreo said:
I have a question. One of the problems with the PWS was that the evites were going to spam. Was that part addressed?

BTW, I'm very excited about the whole change :)

They didn't talk about that with us. Since it's a whole different platform, maybe it will be better?? But we'll still have our .biz websites so I don't know if that will still have the same issue? That's a good question to email into that new web email address.

Melissa78 said:
So if you still choose to take a laptop to your shows and don't have internet, the program will still work offline? Just want to clarify b/c it sounded like only the app would work offline.

I believe so. Because even the app will work if you're "offline" and don't have a 3G or wireless connection.

They posted an email address at spring launch for questions about the new web-based stuff. I forgot to write it down!! But I think it was [email protected]. Maybe someone can confirm that. I don't know if that's in the new info that came out or if it will be on CC tomorrow.

The tech group that worked on this was SOOOO excited to share it with the focus group. This has been their baby for 18 months. Being at spring launch in Milwaukee kind of confirmed my suspicion for me though - that people wouldn't get as hyped up about it as they were thinking. It's such new territory and the majority of the group at my SL did NOT have smart phones or ipads. So I'm sure that intimidates a lot of people. But still, that's NOT needed to take advantage of all of this great new technology.

I'm sure all of the Execs got way more excited about it (and gave standing ovations) because they understand more about what the impact will be with our businesses? I'm assuming most SL's didn't have that reaction that the whole room went nuts.

They also didn't have an exact launch date. They will roll it out gradually, but hopefully not TOO gradually! I want to use it! I was secretly hoping they'd give all the focus group members iPads so we could start using it right away. Ha!!! That didn't happen. I'm sure all of the other consultants would have been pissed if it did!!:approve:

You can't download an "app" on a computer or laptop unless it's an ipad tablet or an Android tablet (or phone) -- so no, I don't believe that it will be available 'offline' on a regular laptop.Perhaps on a tablet or phone -- but not on a computer. You will have to have some type of internet access to use it on a regular laptop.Think of it as if you are trying to get onto Consultant Corner....you can't do it without internet access. As for the app, not sure -- that is more like a program....

Sheila said:

I failed to elaborate enough. I had intended to say that I've had a lot of inquiries from HOSTS to import contacts vs typing them all in when they are sending out online invites. I was wondering if that would be an option in the new world?

jwpamp said:
You can't download an "app" on a computer or laptop unless it's an ipad tablet or an Android tablet (or phone) -- so no, I don't believe that it will be available 'offline' on a regular laptop.Perhaps on a tablet or phone -- but not on a computer. You will have to have some type of internet access to use it on a regular laptop.Think of it as if you are trying to get onto Consultant Corner....you can't do it without internet access. As for the app, not sure -- that is more like a program....
No the app can't be on the computer, but you can still use the equivalent of p3 it will now be able to be done on the new web. That's what I meant. There is a web based new P3 type thing. We got so much info that I can't remember exactly but I believe we could still enter Orders even if we weren't online.

Sheila said:
I failed to elaborate enough. I had intended to say that I've had a lot of inquiries from HOSTS to import contacts vs typing them all in when they are sending out online invites. I was wondering if that would be an option in the new world?
Hosts can... Right under where it says Add Names to Your Guest List is the Import Button... all hosts do is click it...PS: This is in the host's view on my website for an upcoming show.Does that help?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 399
Yeah, you have to be online to enter an order. The only program will be online.

No more p3. No more software updates, no more 'backing up' or deleting duplicates, etc (yay!)....you don't have to be online to take an order, only to enter it -- and you can not do that offline. You MUST have internet access.

Great for those who have an iphone, tablet or android that has a data or mobile broadband plan -- just about the same 'paper' ordering for the rest of us. I will continue to take orders on paper at the show (or out and about) and enter them when I get home.

The best thing I heard? That the "Platinum" tools on our PWS are now INCLUDED in our price of $66/6 months or $120/12 months!!

Thanks Colleen! Now I want to know why all of my hosts complain about NOT being able to do that! Ugh!!! LOL

Sheila said:
Thanks Colleen! Now I want to know why all of my hosts complain about NOT being able to do that! Ugh!!! LOL

Can't help you with that part! :p

Awe, man! What good are you then??? ;)

New consultants ask me about our technology and if they have to enter orders by paper or by computer. They always love the PP+ software I show them (cause they don't have to have internet). We live in a rural area, so we have problems finding cell service, let alone being able to use the internet. I have a verizon wireless card for work, but can't use it at home or 1/4 of the homes I'm in. I'm excited about the new website, but don't think the response was what ho wanted or expected (think they thought they'd have a bigger response than they actually did)

I was a little put off by an Upper Level Dir telling me to 'just get an ipad'....uh, really? Will YOU be paying for that?hmmm.....

jwpamp said:
I was a little put off by an NED telling me to 'just get an ipad'....uh, really? Will YOU be paying for that?

hmmm.....

Uh yeah, ok!! Just go out and drop several hundred dollars. That was kind of a goofy thing to say. Sure, I'd LOVE to go out and get an iPad, but it's not quite that easy.

LOL I think people with money forget what it's like to live without that kind of extra cash laying around. ;)

Congrats, Becky, on keeping the secret. I hope you had a good giggle reading all of the guesses.I'm loving the downline shows being on our calendar. Not that it will be a guarantee that they'll submit by the end of the month, but to know that someone has a show coming up even if they don't communicate with you is great.Loving big time that new consultants will now get a PWS for free for 90 days without having to qualify. I think it's ironic that we had a recent thread about e-mailing receipts to hosts and voila, there they were showing how you'll just e-mail the receipt to the guest. I think that like some of us tech dinosaurs, we can't assume all of our customers at shows are going to be comfortable with us using this technology. They'll still want their paper receipt. I don't take a laptop with me now and still think the use of technology could cut down on the customer interaction. I've been digesting the news for a week now and can see how using an iPad would be neat and useful at a show. I, too, held out for as long as possible before converting to P3 so I'm not jumping into getting an iPad or smartphone.Chris Manion said at the Balto. launch that her Nov. paycheck was $50,000. I guess it's easy for her to "just get an iPad." BTW She was a great speaker!

Becca_in_MD said:
Chris Manion said at the Balto. launch that her Nov. paycheck was $50,000. I guess it's easy for her to "just get an iPad." BTW She was a great speaker!

HOLY COW!!!!!
I wonder what NJR's was...

Becca_in_MD said:
Congrats, Becky, on keeping the secret. I hope you had a good giggle reading all of the guesses.

I'm loving the downline shows being on our calendar. Not that it will be a guarantee that they'll submit by the end of the month, but to know that someone has a show coming up even if they don't communicate with you is great.

Loving big time that new consultants will now get a PWS for free for 90 days without having to qualify.

I think it's ironic that we had a recent thread about e-mailing receipts to hosts and voila, there they were showing how you'll just e-mail the receipt to the guest. I think that like some of us tech dinosaurs, we can't assume all of our customers at shows are going to be comfortable with us using this technology. They'll still want their paper receipt. I don't take a laptop with me now and still think the use of technology could cut down on the customer interaction. I've been digesting the news for a week now and can see how using an iPad would be neat and useful at a show. I, too, held out for as long as possible before converting to P3 so I'm not jumping into getting an iPad or smartphone.

Chris Manion said at the Balto. launch that her Nov. paycheck was $50,000. I guess it's easy for her to "just get an iPad." BTW She was a great speaker!

I was at the Toledo Launch, and it seemed to me that Becky Ishee and Kathy Yellets made a pretty strong statement that we wouldn't have to change how we do our shows if we don't have an iPhone, etc...they made it sound like we could could continue entering on P3 or doing it all by hand, or whatever we needed to do.

I too was one who waited until the very last to make the switch to P3, basically because it involved having to get a new computer so that I'd have enough space to run it...and I've never been enamored with it or thought that it was really much better than PP.
However, with this new technology, the more I think about how it is going to change and simplify my business, the more excited I get! Less paperwork, less searching for info, less duplicating info, more concise, easier at shows, the list goes on and on! But, I did get an iPhone recently, so that makes the difference for me. Most of my team doesn't have iPhones, and one of my team members was so excited because she got her own laptop for Christmas, and is now able to take that to shows....I know she's concerned about how this is going to change things for her.

One thing I know for sure - I would NEVER be asking a host if I can borrow her computer to do my show. I really can't believe anyone at HO thought that would be a good idea. "Um...in order to run MY business, I need to borrow YOUR computer - would that be okay with you?" That won't be happening here!

Chefbeckyd said:
One thing I know for sure - I would NEVER be asking a host if I can borrow her computer to do my show. I really can't believe anyone at HO thought that would be a good idea. "Um...in order to run MY business, I need to borrow YOUR computer - would that be okay with you?" That won't be happening here!

Amen, Becky!

Sheila said:

My hosts say the same thing.. they try to upload but it doesn't work.

I want to clarify my earlier post. I was writing late at night. I am not saying that Chris Manion said "just buy an iPad." I was responding to the person who posted that that's what an NED said to her. I don't know who that NED was. I certainly have no knowledge of Chris saying anything like that. Chris talked about her paycheck during her motivational speech. She was also one of NJR's customers so has been with the company almost as long.

I am also excited about how the picture of the product will come up when you enter the item.

I think the consultants who already have the iTechnology will quickly embrace the app and all of us will embrace the new web features and then learn from those using the app to see if it's worth it for our own business to upgrade. Maybe PC will do another promo to earn iProducts.

Someone on my Execs FB group suggested everyone e-mail HO asking to get Apple on board with Pampered Perks.

And it was an UL Exec, I fixed that --

I'm working on my survey now ... came here to see what else I needed to ask ... Apple Perk! Oh, yes!!!! Headed back to type that in now. :D

Did anyone hear at SL if they said they were posting the video aout the "new web" on Consutlant's corner? I thought I remembered hearing that. I'm guessing they'll be updating more things on CC today, and hopefully they will post that video for those that didn't attend.

Here's the top 10 from Marla & Jean ~ video taped from my iPhone during the event (so not the best quality): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3207735837494&set=vb.1389121744&type=2&theaterI video taped the whole thing, but the screen just looks white because the web page is so light. You can't see everything that the were doing in the intro video. So I cropped it down to just the top 10 highlights & posted for my Japan (and Germany) team members to see.

Becca_in_MD said:
Someone on my Execs FB group suggested everyone e-mail HO asking to get Apple on board with Pampered Perks.

Great idea! Apple actually offers a ton of companies a discount. We discovered that when buying my current MacBook Pro. The sales guy mentioned it and asked who we work for. My husband works for a pretty big national company and it was in there! I forget the exact discount, but anything is better than nothing. I'll put that in my survey too! I think that's a GREAT possibility!

Sheila said:

Yes, they can now. I use a CSV file in the proper configuration that Tec Support gave me. But they and also up load contact from their mail serve. Log in as your host and look at how to import contacts.

Opps just saw Colleen's reply...

Ok, so I had something pop up last week..I had a big fundraiser with over 85 orders, by about the 30th order it would take at least a minute to load the info..i.e. I would enter 'item # 1101, hit enter, and it would take almost a minute to load that number into P3 by the time I got to order # 85 it was a joke--over 2 min for the item to load or to scroll between orders...I called tech support and was told that within each show a mini database was created, in other words each show created its own database...my response was "are you kidding me? WHY???" the answer was "that is just the way it is"...so I finally got it submitted and of course there was a declined credit card..but it was for an online order so I would have had to go back to the online orders and look through all 30+ of them to figure out whose it was because when I looked it up online there was no name on CCorner to associate with it (it hadn't posted to CC yet)...so, to make a long story short I called tech support almost in tears to get help...they told me to send the show to them and they would search it to find the credit card #..they did and the tech guy called me back and said "wow, this is a big file"...I asked him what people with large 10K fundraisers do and he said it just takes long to load the orders because each show creates its own database. I am not a real tech person but more savvy than most, and I absolutely cannot understand why the program would do this.
I asked him if it would be easier with the new web based system and he told me they didn't know much about it yet....so I guess they have a3rd party helping to develop this? Hmmm

I think they have different levels of tech support staff.....those who are the programmers and the "behind the scenes" people and those who man the phones. So until they get the training and roll it out, they may not know a whole lot about it. That's my guess anyway?? Who knows!

But P3 has been LAME lately!! Worse for me than ever and I sure don't have those huge shows!!

Way to go on your fundraiser girl!I agree, P3 has been super slow lately! It takes forever for pages to load. I can't do anything with a customer on the phone anymore. It takes too long! :(

jennyl said:
Did anyone hear at SL if they said they were posting the video aout the "new web" on Consutlant's corner? I thought I remembered hearing that. I'm guessing they'll be updating more things on CC today, and hopefully they will post that video for those that didn't attend.

If anyone else was looking for something like this.... new section up on the website with videos and mobile app preview
https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/new_site.jsp

I am really excited about this announcement!I'm not sure if you would know this, but I'm wondering about the calendar. I love that all the calendars sync together and I'm wondering if it syncs with external calendars like Google and Outlook. I don't really like the idea of having to go into an app to check my calendar because I use that thing for EVERYTHING. I would love it if this calendar would sync with outlook or google so I just have to enter shows in one place. Any idea?

PamperedK said:
I am really excited about this announcement!

I'm not sure if you would know this, but I'm wondering about the calendar. I love that all the calendars sync together and I'm wondering if it syncs with external calendars like Google and Outlook.

I don't really like the idea of having to go into an app to check my calendar because I use that thing for EVERYTHING. I would love it if this calendar would sync with outlook or google so I just have to enter shows in one place.

Any idea?
That question/suggestion of syncing with other calendars was asked at the focus group. At this point, I know it doesn't sync with the iPhone calendar and I'm not sure if they were able to answer if it synced with Google. I think they said it might, but it's something they are looking into more. That would be another good question for that [email protected] email.

Thanks! I'm not sure if we're "allowed" to email questions yet from Canada because they said they were going to send something out with an email address. They said we wouldn't necessarily have all the same features as the US (for some weird reason...but they were showing us your video so they warned us that it might be slightly different) so they are probably setting up a Canadian email address.

pamperedbecky said:
That question/suggestion of syncing with other calendars was asked at the focus group. At this point, I know it doesn't sync with the iPhone calendar and I'm not sure if they were able to answer if it synced with Google. I think they said it might, but it's something they are looking into more. That would be another good question for that [email protected] email.

I don't have an iPhone yet but would it sync with an iPad? When they were showing it on the screen it sure looked like the calendar set up. Also, do you think we will be easily able to click back and forth between the PC app and the iPad calendar? I like to see the full calendar when I am booking shows so I can avoid double booking myself.

bethcooks4u said:
I don't have an iPhone yet but would it sync with an iPad? When they were showing it on the screen it sure looked like the calendar set up. Also, do you think we will be easily able to click back and forth between the PC app and the iPad calendar? I like to see the full calendar when I am booking shows so I can avoid double booking myself.

No, based on what they told us, it doesn't not sync with iPhone or iPad or Android. Maybe in the future? If the iPad is like the iPhone (I just have the phone), it's pretty easy to go back and forth between the app and the iPhone calendar. I go back and forth between the calendar and email all the time.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the development of this program -- we are so lucky to have a company that listens!!

Nanisu said:
I asked him if it would be easier with the new web based system and he told me they didn't know much about it yet....so I guess they have a3rd party helping to develop this? Hmmm

Oh, I'm sure they had a 3rd party. We have a consultant whose husband works in IT and his company does work for PC.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cookingwithlove