• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Something I Will Love About the New Web!

In summary, Becca says that she is 54 years old and doesn't like using technology very much. She says that texting and Facebooking have changed her business in the past 2 years, but she still uses them.
Today I processed 9 product adjustments (3 last week) :yuck: For some reason I am not getting emails for any of these which makes it really hard to track. I can't wait until full transition to the new web where it will be set up for the customer to do this for themselves!

The new web will take some of that away, but not my adjustments from last week - the people who bring the product from the last show to the current show and want to return them. There was even the "oh, I forgot it. Should I run home and get it or will you pick it up when you're back over here?" not understanding that I don't do deliveries or really even handle the returns. Then HO asked for an e-mail address to e-mail her the prepaid label. She's older. She doesn't have e-mail. Us dinosaurs (meaning me) will keep the old way of doing things creeping along until we're forced to adapt or perish. I asked on FB last week if I'm the only one not texting all the time and is it like several years ago that you were a dinosaur if you didn't use e-mail but now you're a dinosaur for not texting. The replies were generational. The 20-something said that the phone was an annoyance and she only texts and e-mails. My 2 BFFs, in their mid-40s like me, don't text and don't have smart phones. My other mid-40 friend who got me on FB said she uses text and FB posts. Then I see people 60+ using a smartphone and doing all kinds of stuff that I don't do. It's not completely generational.

I think it's more of a personality thing. I'm in my 50's and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to new technology. My husband runs to everything new.

Becca...I am going to be 54 this year. I am sounding like my Mom did when we got her a microwave. She felt bad that we spent so much on it because she didn't think she would ever use it. Then it broke several years later and she realized how much she could not live without it. This is now me...just substitute the word "microwave" and use "smart phone".

And I don't even use it to it's full potential! So if you are in the position to get one...slay the dinosaur and get hooked like me!:D

I know, Ann. I'm pretty sure I'll get a smart phone before the end of the year. I'm even thinking of giving that # as the biz # so I can text people and also separate the work from the family more. My DH got me an iPad for Mother's Day and our anniversary. After a couple of weeks, he asked if I was ever going to use it. I said I have no idea what to do with it. He said "surf the net." Well, duh. But I have a laptop for that. Finally my 10 year old was helping me with it the other night and liked texting me from her iPod Touch. I have been using the calendar feature on it this week. He said I should go into the Apple store and have them show me what it can do. I was trying to see if I could get wifi for it when we travel to my dad's in the boonies b/c there is no computer there, but he didn't get me that kind. All of this technology stuff just doesn't interest me that much. I'm much rather talk about a new microplane or making meatballs with mashed potatoes in them.

I'd rather use a keyboard over texting because I can do 90+WPM on the keyboard! LOL But I can & do text too. LOVE my smart phone! My friend who's 6 months older than me still has a dumb phone and loves to text. She texts more than me which you'd think someone with a smart phone would text more, but she has unlimited text & a limit on minutes, so she hates to waste her minutes.I have to admit, I texted someone the other day & then figured out I'd texted their home phone. Oops! LOL People still have home phones? I seriously didn't even consider that option.

People (hosts) tell me they texted me and I know I never gave them my cell #. They just assume my home phone is a cell. Or, they're lying to me (I'm referring to the ones who said they texted me to cancel their show).

txting and Facebooking have changed my business in the past 2 years. Use them... your customers and hosts do..more ways to communicate that work best for THEM..works best for you in the long run

pcjenni said:
txting and Facebooking have changed my business in the past 2 years. Use them... your customers and hosts do..more ways to communicate that work best for THEM..works best for you in the long run

I am having a bad time with the FB end. My focus fades and I waste time. And I do not play any games. But if that is the only way a host will communicate, it just adds another great way to communicate.

I know it won't take away all of the adjustments but just to be able to say "log into your online account and it will walk you thru it" will be nice!

I am with Jenni, Texting and Facebook are really important. Have every host that has facebook set up an event on facebook AND mail invites to all her contacts. (I mail them for them but still) I have in increase in about $300 in sales when they use BOTH. Texting and facebook are the #1 way I hear from my team as well. It has done wonders with end of the month. I usually hear from everyone what they have going in just because they can message me. I also get RSVP for the meeting almost exclusively by text. I am with others here, I just got a smart phone in April and I am still not used to it yet, but I know it will make my business better and easier.

What is the "New Web"?

The "New Web" refers to the next generation of the internet, which includes advancements in technology and user experience.

What are some new features of the "New Web"?

Some new features of the "New Web" include artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, and improved personalization and customization.

How will the "New Web" impact businesses?

The "New Web" has the potential to greatly impact businesses by providing new opportunities for marketing, data analysis, and customer engagement.

Will the "New Web" be accessible to everyone?

Efforts are being made to ensure that the "New Web" is accessible to everyone, regardless of disabilities or limitations, through the use of assistive technologies and accessible design.

When can we expect the "New Web" to fully launch?

The "New Web" is constantly evolving and there is no set date for its full launch. However, many of its features and advancements are already available and will continue to be developed over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove