• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Someone to Help Me With This...

In summary, when trying to open someone's attachment on here, they have to save it first and then open it. They also have to have Word or Wordpad on their computer, since it affects how the file will open.
swtnsssychef
Okay, when I try to open someone's attachment on here, it won't just open for me. I have to save everything first and then I can open it... Is there something I need to do to be able to just open them without saving all of them first? Any help or advice would be great!! TIA!:confused:

The only thing I can think of is your security settings. Maybe a popup blocker too. Only problem is, I don't know how to adjust either one of these things!:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting! I dont know this either but now we both will! It will be helpful! So TIA guys

to change your security options go into "tools" at the top of your page
scroll down to internet options and click on the tab that says security you can put this site into the trusted site folder
good luck

When your trying to open something do you get a 'download' box?If so, you want to make sure you change the setting to 'open with' not 'save to'I hope this helps :)

PCwithStay-C said:
When your trying to open something do you get a 'download' box?

If so, you want to make sure you change the setting to 'open with' not 'save to'

I hope this helps :)

Yes a download box appears I click on open and it looks like it is going to for a second and then it just goes back to the screen I was on before... nothing happens. I will try to change security settings I guess, otherwise I will just have to keep saving them until I figure it out!
Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for all your help!! I will try the security settings and see if that helps!!

Ok guys... I changed my settings and checked my pop up blocker and it still isn't working... I know that someone out there has the answer..... I'll wait patiently for your help!!! Thanks again!

For me if the file is too large then it won't open. Try opening one that is smaller and see if it will just open for you. Also do you have Word or Wordpad on your computer, that can affect it.

Ok here goes!!Ok well I was having the same problem with opening Word documents on here and finally figured it out. :thumbup:

I have Windows XP, not sure if that matters but I have a Word document saved on my desktop. It's actually my church directory. So in order for this to work try to save one of your Word documents to your desktop so this will work for you and then you can always delete it from your desktop by right clicking and hitting delete.

Well I right clicked on it and pressed the "Open With" option and clicked Choose Program as my next selection.

I highlighted Microsoft Word and at the bottom checked the box that reads:
Always use the selected program to open this kind of file and then hit ok.

Now I can open them without having to save them. I hope I didn't confuse you or anyone else for that matter!! LOL :confused:

Debbie :D

Christy,
I've had/have this problem, too. I use Firefox and thought that was partly to blame. I finally got it that if I pretend that I am going to save it and then go back to the dialog box, it will then let me open. Yes, go through the motion of "save as" and then go back and "Ok" should be clickable then. Hope this helps!

Related to I Need Someone to Help Me With This...

1. How can I find someone to help me with my Pampered Chef products?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant near you by simply visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" feature. Enter your zip code or city and state and a list of consultants in your area will be provided.

2. Can I receive assistance with using my Pampered Chef products?

Yes, our consultants are happy to provide assistance with any questions or concerns you may have about using your Pampered Chef products. You can contact your consultant directly or attend one of their cooking classes or demonstrations for hands-on help.

3. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

4. How do I host a Pampered Chef party or cooking show?

To host a Pampered Chef party, simply contact your consultant and they will help you plan a fun and interactive cooking show. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your party.

5. Can I join Pampered Chef as a consultant and receive help with starting my business?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for new consultants, including training, marketing materials, and a network of experienced consultants to assist you along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • jbdowd0798
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • babywings76